ADVERTISEMENT

pathetic

Cal's first 4 yrs at UMASS a lot similar to Rice's.... Except Rice has more wins... and more NCAA tourney appearances...

You can't make comparisons like that it just doesn't work. The fact is not one person here has any idea why he does the things he does. The only thing I know FOR SURE, is he knows more about basketball than any of the people on here.

Sometimes people make good points. A lot of the time I agree with some stuff posted, and sometimes it is complete nonsense that makes zero sense whatsoever. The arrogance displayed here with the arm chair quarterbacks is mind boggling. Discussing basketball is one thing, bashing every single thing the guy does is beyond moronic. How can you not see how stupid some of you guys sound?

Originally posted by RebelSoldat:
Originally posted by SanDiegoRebel2010alum:
losing to this sorry ass team. dwayne morgan has been a disappointment. cody dolin isn't the right pg for dave rices "running offense". chris wood is still shooting 3's. we should beat this team if our players meet for the first time tonight on talent alone. i am suprised i seem to be the only one starting negative threads like the rest of the fans base and alum is okay with this.
This post is pathetic.

rolleye0010.r191677.gif
what is pathetic about it? that is some real insight there on what makes it pathetic. pathetic is the under achieving we see year after year, then the dave rice fan boys come out and defend their boy who they went to unlv with in 1990.

Originally posted by YellowSpinE:

Originally posted by rebelluver:
The guy compared our recruiting class to Kentucky's. Why even bother trying to have an intelligent conversation? It is impossible.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
No kidding. And haven't even started the coaching comparisons.
You guys are too stupid to figure it out...i wasnt comparing recruiting classes...let me spell it out for you...we also have top 50 players just like kentucky...not saying we have as many but we have plenty to be a very very good team...what is the one problem? Coach...here is a hypo for you and your buddy rebelluvr, if calipari was coaching this team dont you think we would be alot more disciplined, more energy, more fire, have an ACTUAL OFFENSE (instead of the great offensive minded Rice's "offense" scoring 60 ppg) and most importantly a better team and probably be 9-0 right now?

This post was edited on 12/18 4:25 PM by sandracer250

To somewhat agree with couev's post, I think Doolin is doing what a smart.senior point guard does. He tries his best to get the offense full of underclassmen going and in the right spots, and when he needs to take over, he does.

He was amazing, and yet he gets criticized.

I too noticed when Mccaw is playing point there is more showtime type plays, but guess what, showtime doesn't win games. It makes uneducated basketball fans happy to say ooooh, look how pretty.

Anybody can see what Doolin is trying to do with this team. Last night he obviously showed he cam score when he needs to, but he wants the other guys to get going. That is how you become a good team. He tried it, it came up short and so he took over and won the game. Sounds like a player I would love to have on my team and some of you characters still complain.

We are obviously improving. Deal with it. We will take some lumps, we are full of freshman and play a tough schedule.

Support the team! It WILL pay off in the end. Or you can keep whining every game or maybe mistreat those close to you to get it out.

I saw Rice going crazy a few times on the sidelines. I know this goes against your guys cry baby attitude and you see what you want so you can come on a message board, try and sound smart, and act like you know what you are talking about. Bad news for you is that you are failing miserably.

People like you guys have completely ruined this message board and made it pointless to talk basketball. All that is left is to laugh at you and feel sorry for you.
"people like you have ruined the board". Why b/c we call a spade a spade? Some people with do anything to defend coach rice. the facts are the facts. we got blown out against the only two good teams we have played, if you want to count ASU as a good team, im sure we will to make it better for coach rice. we had a top 5 recruiting class. i wont even bother looking at how the other top ten recruiting classes are doing b/c i am pretty sure they are better than unlv. players are transferring left and right. our 6'11 forward has shot 20 3's and made 4 of them but no big deal lets just let him keep shooting without seeing his ass on the bench next to rushman. i dont expect to blow every team out, even the bad ones but we cant blow out anybody except st katherine whos name you cant even click on at espn.com. i turn on basketball games all the time and see decent schools blowing out lower competition. do you think its only people on this message board that have this opionion? pretty sure that is the national perception of coach dace rice. just go check out the mw message board. i thought the san diego st fans were delusional but they dont compare to some of the clowns in las vegas.

Originally posted by sandracer250:

The guy compared our recruiting class to Kentucky's. Why even bother trying to have an intelligent conversation? It is impossible.
You guys are too stupid to figure it out...i wasnt comparing recruiting classes...let me spell it out for you...we also have top 50 players just like kentucky...not saying we have as many but we have plenty to be a very very good team...what is the one problem? Coach...here is a hypo for you and your buddy rebelluvr, if calipari was coaching this team dont you think we would be alot more disciplined, more energy, more fire, have an ACTUAL OFFENSE (instead of the great offensive minded Rice's "offense" scoring 60 ppg) and most importantly a better team and probably be 9-0 right now?

any idiot with a GED can figure out what you were trying to say but the dave rice fan boys will flip it how they see fit.

any idiot with a GED can figure out what you were trying to say but the dave rice fan boys will flip it how they see fit.
Finally someone gets it. Now lets just pray for the others.

Each reply gets dumber and dumber. It is almost unvelievable you guys have made it this far in life without having someone teach you how to use the internet.

It is pointless to argue because every post gkes over your guys heads but it is way too hard to keep from laughing at you.

We won the game. And yet I am worried about this team even more.
There were some things I saw I did not like last night.

This team needs to find some offense, like fast.

The Rebels have a top-5 recruiting class, a wavy PG and offensive minded head coach, but they are rated 197th in offensive efficiency in college basketball, what gives, why does the offense stink?

This post was edited on 12/18 9:42 PM by TomKingsley

This post was edited on 12/18 9:44 PM by TomKingsley

You can't make comparisons like that it just doesn't work. The fact is not one person here has any idea why he does the things he does. The only thing I know FOR SURE, is he knows more about basketball than any of the people on here.

Sometimes people make good points. A lot of the time I agree with some stuff posted, and sometimes it is complete nonsense that makes zero sense whatsoever. The arrogance displayed here with the arm chair quarterbacks is mind boggling. Discussing basketball is one thing, bashing every single thing the guy does is beyond moronic. How can you not see how stupid some of you guys sound?
clowns. same guys who long for Kruger to come back.

Well, if you debate with a primate long enough, in the end your going to throw your hands up and say, "you (freakin) monkey!"

And personally I deduct points when someone uses "frankly", for anything.

stop acting like only three players in this program have been here for over a year. you look like a fool. you need to stop looking like a fool. you need to start questioning wins and start hating the fact that this team gets wins. and you need to start talking like this team is made of veterans. veterans who win. like this: GRRR THIS COACH IS TERRIBLE, i hate when my team wins, this is not rebel basketball, etc. and when this team loses, you need to be prepared for the i told you so's. if you cant i told you so, you have no place here. i, personally, said this team MIGHT be terrible. by using MIGHT i gave myself an out and i can pretend like i actually care. i actually never said any of those things and i am enjoying the season, but THE COACH IS TERRIBLE AND ALL OF THESE TOP FIVE RECRUITING CLASS PLAYERS ARE LIKE A BUNCH OF FRESHMEN PLAYING BASKETBALL. what a bunch of jabroni's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get it shark. How many am I supposed to igbore though? I an certainly not proud of my statements but have too little self control to hold back. Without ever having met anybody that likes to find anything and everything wrong, I can guarantee I woukd not like anyone.

It is called humble.

I guess from reading this thread boring half-court bad basketball and mediocre results are good to go with most Rebel Netters. How sad.

The basket was allowed 5 seconds after the flagrant foul was called? Were you watching the game at all? The flagrant wasn't called until the play was reviewed, the basket counted because that's the rule. The points can't be taken off the board. Your agenda is clear so why even bother coming here and pushing it? You're never going to change anyone's kind here nor are we going to change yours. I just don't understand. You can always go to the MWC board, the love to hate on UNLV and Rice bash. You'd fit right in over there. Maybe go hand out on the Reno board or even the sdsu board, once again the love to hate us.

Personally I'll keep cheering for my Rebels and supporting them, because you know. I'm a fan.

You sir are a tool, this free board is sad.

Originally posted by Rebelgate:
The basket was allowed 5 seconds after the flagrant foul was called? Were you watching the game at all? The flagrant wasn't called until the play was reviewed, the basket counted because that's the rule. The points can't be taken off the board. Your agenda is clear so why even bother coming here and pushing it? You're never going to change anyone's kind here nor are we going to change yours. I just don't understand. You can always go to the MWC board, the love to hate on UNLV and Rice bash. You'd fit right in over there. Maybe go hand out on the Reno board or even the sdsu board, once again the love to hate us.

Personally I'll keep cheering for my Rebels and supporting them, because you know. I'm a fan.

You sir are a tool, this free board is sad.
You must be one of those that are swinging from rice's nuts...the flagrant happened prior to the basket...read the rules (if you can read)...erroneous counting of a basket...it is a correctable error. Your post adds no substance to the discussion of our team, the lack of offense or the lack of coaching so leave this free board that you think is sad and go back to your boyfriend.

Well you are better than me, because I can't find a specific rule covering a basket scored after a flagrant is committed but before it is called by video review.

Intuitively, it would make sense that because he wouldn't have been free to the basket without committing the foul, it should be discounted. I can see, but not agree with, an argument that because no foul was called on the spot, all play up until it was called remains in place.

you tell me, you are the one with them in your mouth!! You and him must be real tight for you to call him "Davi"
This post was edited on 12/19 3:56 PM by sandracer250

Another example of your intelligence. It is called a typo. Although I can see how you would take offense to your favorite words being incorrectly stated.

Well played .....minus calling everyone stupid
nerd.r191677.gif

Rebelluvr you are the smartest. My intelligence could never match yours especially when it comes to basketball. I have never played college ball or grown up around the sport since born like you. Your knowledge has brought a lot to this conversation regarding the thread of rice, the lack of offense and scoring and overall coaching. You are the man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT