ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Women's World Cup

YellowSpinE

Lottery Pick
Jan 4, 2007
Saratoga Spings, UT
Dog days of summer......

Hats off to the women! I had huge doubts after how they played in the group. But how they took it to Germany then the 4 goals in the first 16 minutes vs Japan, amazing. Not usually one for woman's soccer, but this was an excellent tournament.

On to the Gold Cup starting Tuesday. Our men need to win this so they can earn a spot in the Confederation's Cup in 2017.

Reactions: Dirty Vegas
I can't wait for the Gold Cup. This summer has been a spoil of riches for soccer fans. The men had wins at Netherlands and Germany, and then the woman thrash Japan in the final to win the world cup.

The under 19 men's team had a good showing in their WC and the under 21 team finished third in the tournament in France.

The first 16 minutes of that game were absolutely amazing, I have watched it twice already. It makes me giddy inside to know how much a good part of the rest of the world wanted us to lose.

I have seen some pretty funny comments on the internet. One guy from England said, "note to self, don't play the Americans the day after the Fourth of July". Then the classic, beat Germany then Japan... sounds familiar.

Good times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT