ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Top Gun: Maverick

reagan21

Rebel Legend
Sep 8, 2009
Run to the theatre. I’ve been waiting 2 years for this movie. It did NOT disappoint, and splurge for the IMAX experience.

It’s the perfect recipe of action, comedy, amazing flight scenes, Hollywood cheese, and NOSTALGIA. It’s soooooo good.

Yes, it’s not realistic. Yes, it has a sweaty shirtless sports scene. Yes it stuck to the part 1 plot. That being said, I enjoyed 100% of that movie. I felt like a 7 year old, completely enthralled and entertained. The technology has improved in 35 years so the flight scenes are spectacular. These actors got put through a ringer.

I went with a friend who is a former fighter pilot/Lieutenant at Nellis and he told me those scenes of the actors in the cockpits were 100% real. Dudes were pulling 8 Gs, blacking out, and probably shi**ing their pants. He would make fun of the stuff that was completely wrong and hokey but even he gave it a 10/10.

I saw it once on Thursday in a normal theatre and last night in IMAX. I’m going at least 2 more times.

I did get misty eyed 3 times in the movie. Even the beginning scene they start it off EXACTLY like the original. The tears started right off the bat.

If you hate America and have never seen it or didn’t like the original you probably won’t have the same reaction as I did, but if you’re a person of the 80s this sh*t is right up your alley. It’s what Star Wars 7-9 should have been.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News