ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sandwiches

1Tripoda

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2009
My favorite one so far grilled steak cubes and pickled cucumber, carrots, radish with butter on a toasted French banquet with a coke on ice.
When I was younger, peanut butter, jelly and banana sandwich with vanilla ice cream.
I had a London Broil and liverwurst with sprouts on a toasted wheat toast with mayonnaise.

Anything else should I try?
Oh yeah, one more...Lobster meat with butter on a garlic toast with Cole slaw.

Steaks are so expensive now a day. I bought some T-bone thin cut today. Marinated with Argenian's salt and a little of Montreal steak seasoning. Pour some Bourbon and let it sit for 30 minutes. Really good steaks as medium rare.

Steaks are so expensive now a day. I bought some T-bone thin cut today. Marinated with Argenian's salt and a little of Montreal steak seasoning. Pour some Bourbon and let it sit for 30 minutes. Really good steaks as medium rare.
If you really want to cook the steaks well as medium rare, use hardwood charcoal. High, really high heat. Brown and turn and done.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
If you really want to cook the steaks well as medium rare, use hardwood charcoal. High, really high heat. Brown and turn and done.
I'm a hardwood charcoal guy for sure. Something about that high heat, as you said, that makes it just right. I've had to resort to a reverse sear. I find that I can control the temperature of the meat for everyone's preference. Using a Thermapen is best. With the temperature I'm looking for -15 degrees I place them over the high heat to finish. Works great every time. My father in law was wowed by the steak I fixed for him last month. Of course you've got to get a good quality steak to make it all work. But, yeah, high heat from lump wood charcoal is the best. Fck gas grills.

Reactions: dcut03 and 1Tripoda
I don’t eat steak unless it’s from Restaurant Depot here in Vegas.

I'm a hardwood charcoal guy for sure. Something about that high heat, as you said, that makes it just right. I've had to resort to a reverse sear. I find that I can control the temperature of the meat for everyone's preference. Using a Thermapen is best. With the temperature I'm looking for -15 degrees I place them over the high heat to finish. Works great every time. My father in law was wowed by the steak I fixed for him last month. Of course you've got to get a good quality steak to make it all work. But, yeah, high heat from lump wood charcoal is the best. Fck gas grills.
What do you use anything special to marinate?

Dude, hear me out. Now I know you’ll be reluctant. But give it a try.

Knowing full well that you don’t like muffs, you might want to try a muffuletta.
4 types of meat, olives salad, olive oil, 2 cheese and a sesame laced bread. Looks great, man! I'll see if I can make one.
Finding that bread is going to be a challenge in FL. Will the Ciabata bread work?

Last edited:
4 types of meat, olives salad, olive oil, 2 cheese and a sesame laced bread. Looks great, man! I'll see if I can make one.
Finding that bread is going to be a challenge in FL. Will the Ciabata bread work?
Yeah, it’ll work. I think it’s a fantastic sandwich myself. Ciabatta will work. Not traditional but you’ll like it. The relish/olive mix really makes it unique.

Yeah, it’ll work. I think it’s a fantastic sandwich myself. Ciabatta will work. Not traditional but you’ll like it. The relish/olive mix really makes it unique.
Ps, I don’t know if they are around anymore or where they might be … but Schlotzky’s had their own twist on a muffuletta. Similar and lower quality, obviously, but it gives you a ballpark of what a muffuletta is like.

Ps, I don’t know if they are around anymore or where they might be … but Schlotzky’s had their own twist on a muffuletta. Similar and lower quality, obviously, but it gives you a ballpark of what a muffuletta is like.
I guess for the authenticity sake, one would have trek to New Orleans...
Without the olives salad and the sesame bread, that's an Italian sub/sanwich right?

I don't do steaks very often. When you date a vegetarian it lowers your opportunities lol.

But I like a reverse sear in my Kamado Joe, low and slow to get to temp, just like you. take it off crank the heat and sear. I have a meater thermometer that I can check the temp through my phone.

Sometimes I will sear in a cast iron skillet with butter garlic and rosemary instead of searing straight on the grill.

It comes out fantastic. Definitely more time intensive though. Also more difficult to do multiple steaks at once

As for seasonings. Carnivore black is great on steaks. Also meat church holy cow.

But salt, pepper and some sort of garlic can go a long way.

I don't do steaks very often. When you date a vegetarian it lowers your opportunities lol.

But I like a reverse sear in my Kamado Joe, low and slow to get to temp, just like you. take it off crank the heat and sear. I have a meater thermometer that I can check the temp through my phone.

Sometimes I will sear in a cast iron skillet with butter garlic and rosemary instead of searing straight on the grill.

It comes out fantastic. Definitely more time intensive though. Also more difficult to do multiple steaks at once

As for seasonings. Carnivore black is great on steaks. Also meat church holy cow.

But salt, pepper and some sort of garlic can go a long way.
My son loves using a skillet for his steaks. They do that all the time on Master Chef. I'm thinking of a Blackstone griddle just so I can do that on the patio rather than in the house. I'm willing to give it a try but, It's going to be hard to change the way I've been doing it all these years.

Reactions: dcut03
My son loves using a skillet for his steaks. They do that all the time on Master Chef. I'm thinking of a Blackstone griddle just so I can do that on the patio rather than in the house. I'm willing to give it a try but, It's going to be hard to change the way I've been doing it all these years.
I got a blackstone last year and I love it. My Kamado is the Junior, so it is difficult to do large batches of things hot and fast.
Smash burgers are the best on that thing. Also outdoor pancakes? Duuuude.
One thing about using the skillet with actual butter, that thing smokes like a MF that's for sure. Sets my smoke alarm every time. I still use avocado oil with a higher smoke point, but that butters burns quick. I haven't tried to finish steaks on the Blackstone. Yet.

I got a blackstone last year and I love it. My Kamado is the Junior, so it is difficult to do large batches of things hot and fast.
Smash burgers are the best on that thing. Also outdoor pancakes? Duuuude.
One thing about using the skillet with actual butter, that thing smokes like a MF that's for sure. Sets my smoke alarm every time. I still use avocado oil with a higher smoke point, but that butters burns quick. I haven't tried to finish steaks on the Blackstone. Yet.
Pancakes and burgers is the main reason I want the Blackstone. Thanks for the great information. I'll share my favorite pancake mix with you. Best ever in my opinion.

Buy it direct from the company. Hard to find at the grocery stores.

Ooh I need to check it out.

I have a homemade recipe from my mom somewhere. Great with whole wheat flour.

I use Kodiak cakes for the powdered stuff. Pretty good and extra protein. But I will check out your link.

Seriously, homemade smash burgers with the cooked in Oklahoma fried onions is next level. It'll knock your c*ck off!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT