ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Big if true

Ask the Professor, maybe he is covering up for what they all did? Funny how the prof would put on the athletic department before even knowing who lost the money!

Reactions: RebelScrub
I'd be shocked if it really came down to then cutting sports. Likely enough interest in their programs and boosters (not SMU style, but certainly more $$$ than UNLV) to keep them afloat.

Maybe they really are dependent on that money from the folding Pac12. It'd be extremely irresponsible of them to shutter athletics when they are about to enter the Big 12 and drastically increase their media rights revenue.

This is a pretty big slam on the athletic department administration. Seems like a deflection away from the Budget Department who actually f'ked up in miscalculating their budget.

"A physics professor at the meeting, Johann Rafelski, reportedly asked the UA president to consider selling the athletics department to an outside vendor.

People who are qualified to run an athletics department may turn it into a profit,” the physics professor said, per The Daily Star. “We could perhaps get a good sale price.”"

People who are qualified to run an athletics department may turn it into a profit,” the physics professor said, per The Daily Star. “We could perhaps get a good sale price.”"
ZING!

I actually didn't read that article. I meant to add a note that I couldn't find much that was both free for reading and seemed like possibility legitimate sources of info. But it sure does seem that there's some smoke here. Likely a fire of some size around

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
Who won basketball game. Evil Duke vs Evil Arizona.

I think we play them in women’s basketball

Hiker is speechless. Regardless of where the shortfall originated, you would think it would have been addresses sooner.

i am speechless.

Well Clark County employee got scammed out of like 1.5 million in county money in some scam.

Maybe somebody at UofA tried to help that Nigerian Prince?
I remember that. It was some woman working in purchasing at UNLV I thought. Memory isn't as good as it used to be so you could be right. I believe she went to jail.

The incompetence at UofA is mind boggling. So they budget and they couldn't see that they budgeted $240 million short in cash for the year. I can see why the professor wants to sell the athletic department. A lot of coaches and teams will disappear in the end.

I remember that. It was some woman working in purchasing at UNLV I thought. Memory isn't as good as it used to be so you could be right. I believe she went to jail.

The incompetence at UofA is mind boggling. So they budget and they couldn't see that they budgeted $240 million short in cash for the year. I can see why the professor wants to sell the athletic department. A lot of coaches and teams will disappear in the end.

'Um guys...I was looking at the budget...I may have put a decimal point in the wrong place'

'No problem, $2,400.00 is no biggie'

'Ummm'

'$24,000?'

'Uhhhh'

'Bob! $240,000!!!'

'Umm'

'Bob 2.4 million please say no!'

'Well....Ummm'

'Bob, don't tell me $24 million!?!?!?!'

😬

Last edited:

How about the million dollar+theft from the Circa based solely on late night phone calls to the cage?

• Haha

🤣

Las Vegas-area school district loses $1.4M in international romance ... https://www.8newsnow.com/investigat...loses-1-4m-in-international-romance-scam/amp/

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT