ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFF TOPIC OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UNT vs UNLV

ESPN -Already had UNLV favored to go 6-6 prior to this game. Who knows how much that will change the odds on some of the other games where UNLV isn't favored? The way the MWC has been playing, there isn't a team in the MWC that UNLV shouldn't be able to compete with.

If you aren’t impressed with some of the things we’ve seen - you aren’t watching.

Not saying they’ll even make a bowl game. But some areas have been drastically tightened.
Too early to forecast a bowl game. But the defense seems so much better and the offense is very explosive. Great balance between passing and running. Hope they keep focused and don't assume things will get easier.

Too early to forecast a bowl game. But the defense seems so much better and the offense is very explosive. Great balance between passing and running. Hope they keep focused and don't assume things will get easier.
That’s the thing I mean … balance. Not spectacular at anything in particular, but it seems like there’s enough balance offensively to keep teams on their heels.

And defensively, they’re bending (a bit too much) but not breaking often, especially in the second halves.

Feels more like Jrob balance than weak at too many spots that leads to big plays (or a lack of).

Zero heads up, just a frantic scramble. Just take your time … stop it from rolling … at worst it’s a safety. That was sloppy shit.
This is the type of thing that tells me their not ready to beat real quality teams. It’s the little things and they made a lot of mistakes today...despite the blow out win.

Defense came up with some stops but did you see how many big pass plays they gave up? Secondary is more than questionable.

Tbh, based on what I’ve seen, I’d be disappointed with less than 6-6. I mean, if Doug goes down, Robbins is out for a bit, that changes. But as is, yeah, they should win 4 more.

UNM, Reno and Hawaii..Rebs will likely be favored.

That's three and gets you to 5.

Need one more....Trying to figure out where they get it..

UNM, Reno and Hawaii..Rebs will likely be favored.

That's three and gets you to 5.

Need one more....Trying to figure out where they get it..
You hate to see Haener go down for Fresno.. But he changes the whole game.. We could essentially now take Fresno, UNM, Reno, Hawaii, & a pretty damn good shot at USU this weekend.. Plus maybe an upset or two.. As long as we stay healthy, I like where we are at..

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
You hate to see Haener go down for Fresno.. But he changes the whole game.. We could essentially now take Fresno, UNM, Reno, Hawaii, & a pretty damn good shot at USU this weekend.. Plus maybe an upset or two.. As long as we stay healthy, I like where we are at..

Harner getting hurt is awful for Fresno

Have to think AF and Boise are now favorites to win MWC title?

Reactions: dcut03
Sorry, ain’t forgetting Chuck or Lex …
While Chuck was a very good RB, he had 5 years to break the record which would have never happened if he had the typical four year career! If I am really going to pick a RB all time for UNLV, I would go back to Mike Thomas who set a record of 3149 yards in two seasons that was broken by Cornett and Lex by playing four seasons each. Mike Thomas, who transferred from Oklahoma, set a record in his first year with the most yards by any RB in the country with 1,741 yards which was just short of the NCAA record at the time and followed that up in his second year with 1,408 yards in his second year. If you are thinking he played at a lower level which gave him an advantage (he basically doubled the yardage of any other RB doing in two years what took the others four year to break), he also went on two the NFL for 6 seasons including NFL offensive rookie of the year! He had a total of 6.207 total yards rushing and pashing in the NFL!

Reactions: Boston Rebel 2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT