ADVERTISEMENT

NIT Round 3: UNLV vs Seton Hall discussion.

We might actually have an opponent this time that plays and competes -

BC was weak AF and we should've beat them by 30

IDK if we were just playing to our competitions level (we like to do that)
but I thought we played like crap.

I dont llike a group of players when they think they can turn it on and turn it off when they want -

They are going to try to turn it on .....but the switch is going to be broke next time -

Our season ends on WED

I dont llike a group of players when they think they can turn it on and turn it off when they want -

They are going to try to turn it on .....but the switch is going to be broke next time -

Our season ends on WED
You’re unhinged enough to be on the confidential board with us. Come.

Two trips to NJ will be tough. But, I think we match up pretty well with them. They start 1 center and 4 guards. ( Not a tall team at all) Their tempo is faster than us but that's not saying much. They are a very poor 3 point shooting team - 234th Nationally. They spread the floor with either a 5 out or 4-1 motion offense and keep the floor spaced for cutters. The film I watched them play solely man-to-man. If we had Lou Rod to shut down their top scorer I'd be confident we would be a large favorite. Without him we still should win barring fatigue from all the travel. NET SH - 70 US - 76 KenPom SH - 60 US - 66.

Last edited:
I'm interested to know if LuRod comes back or if "family" reasons was his way to opt out. We just need Webster to stay hot, his last 3 games are what we hoped he was going to be coming into this year. If he can contribute 10 points we are going to be in every game

Our season ends on WED
You're fun at parties...

Two trips to NJ will be tough. But, I think we match up pretty well with them. They start 1 center and 4 guards. ( Not a tall team at all) Their tempo is faster than us but that's not saying much. They are a very poor 3 point shooting team - 234th Nationally. They spread the floor with either a 5 out or 4-1 motion offense and keep the floor spaced for cutters. The film I watched them play solely man-to-man. If we had Lou Rod to shut down their top scorer I'd be confident we would be a large favorite. Without him we still should win barring fatigue from all the travel. NET SH - 70 US - 76 KenPom SH - 60 US - 66.
The four guards are big guards. Wusu stands at 6'4 230lbs, Richmond is 6'6 210..they plays physical

Interesting that our numbers are so close, yet they were a top 4 seed ( #2 overall I think) and we in the bottom half.

Pretty up and down year for them. Had some blowout losses, some decent wins, Marquette being their best.

It would be cool to make the final four in a neutral site.

Interesting that our numbers are so close, yet they were a top 4 seed ( #2 overall I think) and we in the bottom half.

Pretty up and down year for them. Had some blowout losses, some decent wins, Marquette being their best.

They also beat UCONN earlier in the season. Appear similar to us regarding a lot of up and down play. We’re going to have our work cut out for us.

We also beat Uconn and Providence lost a heart breaker to Creighton in double OT. We also had some bad losses .

Reactions: 1Tripoda
They also beat UCONN earlier in the season. Appear similar to us regarding a lot of up and down play. We’re going to have our work cut out for us.
They're trending up. They plays a lot better in the 2nd round.

We also beat Uconn and Providence lost a heart breaker to Creighton in double OT. We also had some bad losses .
We were up by 4 points with seconds left and Utah State managed to complete a 5-points play to end the game. Talk about heartbreak. Never seen anything like that.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
We were up by 4 points with seconds left and Utah State managed to complete a 5-points play to end the game. Talk about heartbreak. Never seen anything like that.
5 point plays should not exist, especially on off the ball contact that is simply a guy boxing out and another guy flopping around.

We have had a weird season. 3 terrible, terrible losses. Two of them with key guys out, and then one to Air Force at home being at our healthiest, but 30 no less.

But since then we have played well. We had the best road record in a pretty tough MW. Swept New Mexico, beat Boise in our only meeting, and split the other tournament teams other than Reno. Lost the rubber match to SDSU without one our key guys in the conference tourney in OT. ( He is kinda back btw).

All of our games are close. We slow it down and mostly play good defense, but struggle to rebound at times.

We did beat Creighton relatively easily in Vegas, but not our home floor.

Reactions: LVRebel2000

UNLV had almost zero chance to be seeded. The next 12 from major conferences and the first four out got the seeds (any overlapped open a possible spot me that was two spots this year). The only seed spot we could have taken was Bradley or Princeton. Both probably more deserving than UNLV and in the case of Bradley helped reduce travel costs in the first round. Also just because UNLV played a 2 does not mean we were a 7 seed. Anyone unseeded was arranged for matchup and travel considerations. See the many close regional matchups in round one.
Seton Hall got the one seed being the second team in the first four out (first with Oklahoma declining). The rest of the seeding went pretty close to NET at the time based on who had to be seeded. With Georgia getting the last four seed as they had the highest net.

We'll play in Walsh Gym. Capacity 1300. For reference our women play in Cox Pavilion - Capacity 2500.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT