ADVERTISEMENT

News conference - Bowl announcement

RedCannon

UNLV Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2006
Austin, TX
Thought White showed a bit of his current mind set on where he’ll be next year with his comments. I sense a strong brotherhood with this team… it will be interesting to see. Imagine everyone stays and grows, AND you bring in competition- that’s how you start to win Championships IMO. Another thing I noticed is the players reaction on the comment coach made with the fans that showed up for the championship. I’m not happy with the outcome, none of us are, but I’m very happy with what’s being built!

If we start winning the MWC on a consistent basis like Boise have, we will be a national brand. UNLV with its education ranking and football being national brand would be hard to ignore.

Just an old school soul in myself, I would love to see the MWC and PAC rebuild this western conference into a powerhouse of a conference. UNLV can starts by beating KU in the bowl and a few months later beating them in Lawrence, KS

Reactions: RedCannon
By far the best opponent UNLV could get. I think most people on here expected UNLV to play a lower level team that is similar to UNLV, not a team that was in the top 25 for much of the season.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Enough money from this bowl game to give a nice raise to all of the staff! Thinking about going to game, only about a 6 hour drive plus or minus! Wonder if you can buy tickets through the stadium/bowl game, or if forced to overpriced secondary market?

Looks like a big difference in payouts. This Guarantee Rate bowl was reserved for the BIG and Big 12 teams. Somehow UNLV got the invite this year? What???

This...
Also not sure enough Big 10 teams are bowl eligible? And MWC had 8
UNLV has been in the conversations when it comes to P4 invites, nowhere near the top of the list but the city, its growing market, its allure for conference fans, Allegiant, UNLV’s improved facilities, all point to a potentially viable addition. The main thing holding it back is its team futility. Then UNLV has a good year and makes some noise. All of a sudden UNLV becomes a much more legit target. I know I’m bullish on UNLV/Vegas as a P4 candidate, but take a step back and look at the lay of the land. It may be telling us something.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I am considering getting tickets for me and my son, but not sure how many tickets UNLV gets (do they have a large number or only a few for season ticket holders?), how much they cost (already overpriced on most ticket sites, not sure if can buy directly from the stadium?), do they have a hotel set up, bus to stadium, etc.?????

I am considering getting tickets for me and my son, but not sure how many tickets UNLV gets (do they have a large number or only a few for season ticket holders?), how much they cost (already overpriced on most ticket sites, not sure if can buy directly from the stadium?), do they have a hotel set up, bus to stadium, etc.?????
I would at least try UNLV first. They will get a certain allotment that they likely have to pay for and sell them to get their money back. So it definitely helps the program to buy from them. I doubt they will sell them all.

Initial prices are probably as good as anywhere else as well, and you will more likely be with other UNLV fans.

I would at least try UNLV first. They will get a certain allotment that they likely have to pay for and sell them to get their money back. So it definitely helps the program to buy from them. I doubt they will sell them all.

Initial prices are probably as good as anywhere else as well, and you will more likely be with other UNLV fans.
They seem like silly questions, but considering UNLV has only gone to a bowl game once in the last two decades, it is something I have never done, that being to go to a bowl game with UNLV!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT