ADVERTISEMENT

New commit - Pape N'Diaye

What is your assessment of him?
I had a notification when I got on this morning. I don’t know if there was an edit or something to that thread. But no, I just glossed through how everyone is a stud, we are loaded, we are huge and talented, this will prepare us for SDSU, our practices will be tougher than the games, etc, etc, etc … and when you mention a kid might not be all that because his offers were from low schools - a) the schools offered aren’t THAT BAD and b) his highlight tape looks great. He’s a long banger who will go for 11/7.

So we are loaded with shooters, we can bang with the best of them, and we are DEEP! The opposition better watch out! Then we lose to the best damn one win team in the nation, Southern, by 20 at home.

It’s not just this season, it’s every single season.

And as soon as the season goes south, some proclamators of fortune take a 6 month break until the next recruiting class comes out. And it’s rinse and repeat.

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
I had a notification when I got on this morning. I don’t know if there was an edit or something to that thread. But no, I just glossed through how everyone is a stud, we are loaded, we are huge and talented, this will prepare us for SDSU, our practices will be tougher than the games, etc, etc, etc … and when you mention a kid might not be all that because his offers were from low schools - a) the schools offered aren’t THAT BAD and b) his highlight tape looks great. He’s a long banger who will go for 11/7.

So we are loaded with shooters, we can bang with the best of them, and we are DEEP! The opposition better watch out! Then we lose to the best damn one win team in the nation, Southern, by 20 at home.

It’s not just this season, it’s every single season.

And as soon as the season goes south, some proclamators of fortune take a 6 month break until the next recruiting class comes out. And it’s rinse and repeat.
I really like Pape N’Diaye. Whoever the new coach is (Kevin Kruger is gone after this year), he should work to keep him.

For this season, I wasn’t buying the hype one bit. By the same token, I didn’t see us losing to Southern at home.

I really like Pape N’Diaye. Whoever the new coach is (Kevin Kruger is gone after this year), he should work to keep him.

For this season, I wasn’t buying the hype one bit. By the same token, I didn’t see us losing to Southern at home.
I didn't buy it, not in that this was an NCAAT like many thought. I did think we'd be better, partially because regression after what we've seen is difficult ... but am probably wrong about that as well.

Reactions: mwsn7022012
I just can’t anymore. Year after year of hype yet season after season of under-performing. All I see is another Diong-like project who can dunk and block a few shots but we’ll have no inside scoring threat and streaky outside shooters. The recruiting hype is exhausting and we don’t have a coaching staff that can turn a project into a legit inside force. 30 years of this has taken its toll on me unfortunately. I don’t think I knew how I really felt until the football program put it together this year. My excitement for upcoming football games woke me up to what I’ve been missing all these years. Sorry to be a downer but I just don’t think I have it in me anymore to invest personally and financially into this. All I left is hope but it isn’t enough to make any of these types of recruits move the needle for me. I’ll try not to post these depressing types of takes and ruin the enjoyment for those of you still committed as I truly don’t want to take anything away from you.

I just can’t anymore. Year after year of hype yet season after season of under-performing. All I see is another Diong-like project who can dunk and block a few shots but we’ll have no inside scoring threat and streaky outside shooters. The recruiting hype is exhausting and we don’t have a coaching staff that can turn a project into a legit inside force. 30 years of this has taken its toll on me unfortunately. I don’t think I knew how I really felt until the football program put it together this year. My excitement for upcoming football games woke me up to what I’ve been missing all these years. Sorry to be a downer but I just don’t think I have it in me anymore to invest personally and financially into this. All I left is hope but it isn’t enough to make any of these types of recruits move the needle for me. I’ll try not to post these depressing types of takes and ruin the enjoyment for those of you still committed as I truly don’t want to take anything away from you.
Agreed!

I was talking to another couple of Rebelnet posters earlier today and we all said the same thing, won’t do it again this year, not until Kevin is gone!
But good news is we all think he will be gone at season’s end!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT