ADVERTISEMENT

New commit - Pape N'Diaye

Good pickup that will help fill a hole left by Boone when he graduates. Now we just need to close on Pharaoh and this class will be solid.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Two Las Vegas media outlets have reported that Papa is the first commit for 2024....recruits notice and take note of that.

I feel like that's so shitty of them, especially when it's so easy to search up who is committed. Plus we've been talking about James Evans all summer on every platform

He go to school in Vegas. Good times to go and the support the kid.
Anybody know wth is "SPG" stand for?

Two Las Vegas media outlets have reported that Papa is the first commit for 2024....recruits notice and take note of that.

I feel like that's so shitty of them, especially when it's so easy to search up who is committed. Plus we've been talking about James Evans all summer on every platform
Local media in Vegas have been full of bad actors for a long time now. Outside when Ryan Greene was at the sun, theyve been meh, about UNLV.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
Is his name Papa or Pape? He's listed on all the recruiting sites as Pape?
I just noticed that. Before today, he was listed as Papa. After the commitment, it's been Pape. I'm going to assume it's Pape and I was wrong myself

he would benefit from that for sure! He just got to the states a year ago.

One thing about Papa is he will blocks everything! High motor and effort so we won't have to worry about that. Better version of Diongue at this stage.
I watch a lot of film on Mbacke out of High School in Florida. PaPa is way more advanced offensively, is longer and a more natural rim protector. This is a really nice pick up!

Thomas, Hicks, Whaley, Bannarbie wonderful recruiting class for this year. Top it off with the transfers from Big12 and we are now locked and loaded. Bannarbie at 230, Whaley at 240 +, . Practice this year is or could be as tough as playing SDSU. Whaley and Bannarbie coming off the bench won't be a drop off as we have shooting guards galore if bigs need a blow or foul trouble.

Thomas, Hicks, Whaley, Bannarbie wonderful recruiting class for this year. Top it off with the transfers from Big12 and we are now locked and loaded. Bannarbie at 230, Whaley at 240 +, . Practice this year is or could be as tough as playing SDSU. Whaley and Bannarbie coming off the bench won't be a drop off as we have shooting guards galore if bigs need a blow or foul trouble.
So, our practices are going to be a non-top 25 team of starters playing against a top 25 team of benchers. Ok. Got it.

Jones is a big man too and looks faster than last year.

Reactions: rebel5280
So, our practices are going to be a non-top 25 team of starters playing against a top 25 team of benchers. Ok. Got it.
Joe, your right, but in the Big 12 did they have the bench we have now. I'll agree taken as individuals they were starters at their old schools and had mixed above average individual seasons but their teams could not beat Texas, Kansas, KSU, Baylor, TT consistently. Now with Isaiah to stretch the floor, play defense, and Thomas to distribute we will see how its going in December for sure.

Joe, your right, but in the Big 12 did they have the bench we have now. I'll agree taken as individuals they were starters at their old schools and had mixed above average individual seasons but their teams could not beat Texas, Kansas, KSU, Baylor, TT consistently. Now with Isaiah to stretch the floor, play defense, and Thomas to distribute we will see how its going in December for sure.
Brooklyn and Thomas are the stars of this class. But 3 out of 4 4stars or better, not bad.

Let's make sure we show love when Pharaoh posts his OV pics to show that we need him here with James, DJ, and Pape. More love than his SDSU post for sure. 🤮

One other observation. Pape is playing ball locally at Trinity International (Daishon Nix plays for Rockets) and they get overlooked as a program when it comes to talent in the Valley. This year Trinity has two 4 star 7 footers in Khamen Maker (St John’s commit) and Pape, both who are 4 stars with Pape rated slightly higher. Pape’s best offers were Kansas, ASU and Ceighton from what I can tell. Right now Coach KK and staff are recruiting the sweet spot IMO with commitments from players with 4 star and top 150 3 stars rankings.

One other observation. Pape is playing ball locally at Trinity International (Daishon Nix plays for Rockets) and they get overlooked as a program when it comes to talent in the Valley. This year Trinity has two 4 star 7 footers in Khamen Maker (St John’s commit) and Pape, both who are 4 stars with Pape rated slightly higher. Pape’s best offers were Kansas, ASU and Ceighton from what I can tell. Right now Coach KK and staff are recruiting the sweet spot IMO with commitments from players with 4 star and top 150 3 stars rankings.
I just was saying on twitter how he competes with Maker every day in practice. Maker was a high priority in the spring/summer for CKK and staff.

From my understanding, the Creighton and Kansas offers weren't commitable, but nonetheless, they did offer him at one point and were interested.that means a lot. Compared to Maker, I really like N'Diaye more because I feel like he has more potential. I've seen Maker live and he can block shots but is very limited elsewhere.

All in all, great pickup by us

I just was saying on twitter how he competes with Maker every day in practice. Maker was a high priority in the spring/summer for CKK and staff.

From my understanding, the Creighton and Kansas offers weren't commitable, but nonetheless, they did offer him at one point and were interested.that means a lot. Compared to Maker, I really like N'Diaye more because I feel like he has more potential. I've seen Maker live and he can block shots but is very limited elsewhere.

All in all, great pickup by us
Yeah, he hasn't come up at all in the Mike Vernon scoops and they've been focused on a couple other guys plus their 2024 class is already stacked with Bidunga and they're akways in transfer market for a big man each off season...

Do they play against local teams? I never heard of them. I'd go pay to watch them. How often do you see 2 7-footers on a high school team?

They play in the CCAC, a league which is made up of private schools in the Midwest. They placed in the bottom half of the conference standings last year. Most of their roster are mid western athletes. The girls volleyball team is playing some local games. It looks like a tough league based out of Chicago.

They play in the CCAC, a league which is made up of private schools in the Midwest. They placed in the bottom half of the conference standings last year. Most of their roster are mid western athletes. The girls volleyball team is playing some local games. It looks like a tough league based out of Chicago.
Two 4 stars 7 footers on the team and their team is at the bottom half? Who is their coach?

More recent video on Pape from Pangos. Also, from what I have read on Pape and what I feel is often overlooked in the discussion of Bigs is that he has a motor.

I just noticed that. Before today, he was listed as Papa. After the commitment, it's been Pape. I'm going to assume it's Pape and I was wrong myself
Lobby, do we have a shot at 6’10” pf Miles Goodman?

More recent video on Pape from Pangos. Also, from what I have read on Pape and what I feel is often overlooked in the discussion of Bigs is that he has a motor.

I never know how far to read into even the Pangos AAU events. So many open uncontested dunks. He looks a little comfortable dribbling for a 7 footer, but I think that will go away as soon as you put an effective open court defender on him. I didn't see anything that let me judge how his footwork is, or if he has any back to the basket moves (I guess there's a half dribble pivot move along the baseline--but that's really more bad defense). I do like what I'm seeing from his hands, a couple of clean catches. He's thin, but he's not super skinny. Getting him into a good nutrition and weight program could give him an easy 25 lbs and only make him more athletic.

I never know how far to read into even the Pangos AAU events. So many open uncontested dunks. He looks a little comfortable dribbling for a 7 footer, but I think that will go away as soon as you put an effective open court defender on him. I didn't see anything that let me judge how his footwork is, or if he has any back to the basket moves (I guess there's a half dribble pivot move along the baseline--but that's really more bad defense). I do like what I'm seeing from his hands, a couple of clean catches. He's thin, but he's not super skinny. Getting him into a good nutrition and weight program could give him an easy 25 lbs and only make him more athletic.
Pangos is definitely a lot of uncontested dunks in the scrimmages, but to even be invited to that shows that you're somebody special. They also do a lot of drills that help at the next level. I agree that the college weight program will help him and I think it'll turn him into a beast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT