ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Summer League (yesterday)

khokhol8

National Player of the Year
May 24, 2012
I watched the Rockets lose to the Raptors and C. Wood was non-existent. He scored 1 point and looked 1-2 steps slower than every other player on the floor. He had the worst plus-minus of his team at minus 10. The fact that he has those kinds of games is what drove UNLV fans nuts. He'll probably be much better their next game.

Vaughn looked pretty good in the Bucks loss to the Cavs in OT. He had 18 points on 8 of 16 shooting and just looks like he has adapted to the speed of professional basketball really well. Only 1 of 5 from 3 but fun to watch and showing lots of promise.

Lots of UNLV names on the list. Looks like Khem Birch has the best stat line out of them all. Some names of interest:
Wood
Vaughn
Birch
BDJ
Roscoe Smith
Mike Moser

Some MW names:
Octeus
Thames
Kirk
Deonte Burton
JJ O'brien
Jamaal Franklin
Malcolm THomas
Bairstow
Tyler Haws
Nance
Aqeel Quinn
JJ Avila
Colton Iverson

I no doubt missed a few guys, but those caught my eye.

Vaughn and Wood should have been playing against each other today however Wood did not play (coaches decision). Is he hurt or do things just not look good for Wood at this time? Vaughn scored 23 shooting 7-17 from the floor including 3-6 from beyond the arc.

Saw bryce had a big game yesterday. 26 points or something like that. Khem doing pretty good to.

For all of C Wood's supposedly motivation to prove them all wrong, he sure playing soft. How can you not give it all you have?? Was hoping he learned his lesson. If he wasn't hurt and coach decided not to play him a single minute; then yeah he is in trouble.

Look, I wish Chris all the best in his career, I really do, but I have to say I'm not surprised that he's apparently struggling in the Summer ;League. You can't just turn on a work ethic overnight, just because you say your going to prove yourself.

I haven't seen the Rockets' games, but from what I can glean from the stats, it appears that his first game went quite well as he went 4-4 and 1-1 from the free-throw line. 5 boards, 2 assists and 2 blocks. All-in-all a nice line.

That earned him 18 minutes in game 2, but it appears he got shot-happy as he went 5-12 (including 0-2 from beyond the arc, something he didn't try in the first game), with 0 assists and 0 blocks. Old habits...

So that brought us to the third game: 13 minutes, 1 point on 0-3 with 1 FT & 2 TO's. My impression is that he, like we saw too many times in his UNLV career, began to sulk.

He exhibited an inability to channel his energy and emotions while a Rebel, and he'll do the same wherever he goes unless and until he matures. It's most likely going to have to happen overseas or in the D-League.

If Khem and Roscoe haven't been able to crack NBA rosters, two guys I would consider many-times the "men" than Wood, albeit lacking his natural size, then Chris's chances seem awfully slim.

I'll be delighted to eat my words if he indeed proves them wrong...

Vaughn and Wood should have been playing against each other today however Wood did not play (coaches decision). Is he hurt or do things just not look good for Wood at this time? Vaughn scored 23 shooting 7-17 from the floor including 3-6 from beyond the arc.

Maybe he just sucks. thats why he's not playing.

You can't just turn on a work ethic overnight, just because you say your going to prove yourself.

Amen. Habits don't change overnight. Wish more guys would understand this. Another year or so at UNLV would have served him well, if he put in the work. Shame.

How is Moser doing? Really wish him well and hope something works for him.

Watched him in every game. He is making all the NBA teams look good because he did'nt deserve to get drafted. His stamina is evident as he got worse every game. Today 1 for 10. Not only that but the slowest player on the court. His conditioning or lack of is all too evident. Some unknown starting in front of him had 20+ points & 20 + rebounds.

His handlers definitely blew his chance of ever playing in the league IMO as he lacks maturity and the physical ability. I doubt if he'll ever get better because I don't see him getting PT in Europe or any other league. He is mediocre at best, terrible at worst. This needs to be a lesson to kids entering the draft early. Get a 3rd party opinion and don't listen to the greedy people around you. Sorry if this seems harsh but reality is life and you don't get too many chances to do it right. What was the harm staying in school 2 more years?

CW if you read Johns word you have no chance at getting better. Quit now!!!

CW is 19 years old. He will get better and he will make a team!!!!He has showed improvement every year I've watched him, so just because he didn't get drafted or play the other day doesn't mean he won't improve and make a team.

The Kid has talent and to say he doesn't makes you look stupid.

Has talent but LAZY and mentally not prepared. We all hope he changes but, your personality is the hardest thing to change. You etheir have the drive and work ethic or you dont. He was blessed with a basketball body and ability no one doubts that. That's only reason he is at the summer league.

CW if you read Johns word you have no chance at getting better. Quit now!!!

CW is 19 years old. He will get better and he will make a team!!!!He has showed improvement every year I've watched him, so just because he didn't get drafted or play the other day doesn't mean he won't improve and make a team.

The Kid has talent and to say he doesn't makes you look stupid.

Bennett never got better. All that supposed talent disappears when you play against the big boys.

That one NBA scout said it best. At this level coaches don't coach effort anymore. If you don't give it on your own then you have no chance. All of the talent in the world won't save the guy if he doesn't find a way to start working his butt off.

Absolutely baffles me how the opportunity to make MILLIONS doing something you love doesn't light a flame thrower up your ass

First time I saw Vaughan play, knew this kid was gonna play in the league. As for Wood, he's a headcase. Sad but true. He'll play pro but not in the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT