ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Jefferson is going to ISU.

There wasnt really a roster spot for his position available and the $$ for his services likely decided his true interest. Its not striking out if you never went to the plate. Clearly his interest was brief as he scheduled visits elsewhere quickly.
My question is, the guards we should be pursuing- ie- the lower level mid-major guys that are at the level of "breaking out" without having done so to garner the big P5 attention, we are also missing out on, if we arent looking their way, or we arent even on the radar. I get we all like the shiny stars that are moving up or moving down from P5, but man the mid-tier guys that our G5 competition is able to sign is going to hurt more than losing out on guys that are most likely going to P5 schools anyways.

Reactions: Rebelhustle
There wasnt really a roster spot for his position available and the $$ for his services likely decided his true interest. Its not striking out if you never went to the plate. Clearly his interest was brief as he scheduled visits elsewhere quickly.
My question is, the guards we should be pursuing- ie- the lower level mid-major guys that are at the level of "breaking out" without having done so to garner the big P5 attention, we are also missing out on, if we arent looking their way, or we arent even on the radar. I get we all like the shiny stars that are moving up or moving down from P5, but man the mid-tier guys that our G5 competition is able to sign is going to hurt more than losing out on guys that are most likely going to P5 schools anyways.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I put this list on another post but these are the types of guys we need to be making a priority, long shooters that can actually make 3 pointers!

There are actually 3 Juco 2 guards that are high major rated in the top 1O. Lajae Jones is another who played for D-1 national champion Barton CC who defeated Triton and Amars team. Also, he is from Seattle and I wonder if there is a connection with Jamal Williams?

I guess the Dedan issue wasn't over Jefferson after all as rumored. Wonder what it was about then.

I guess the Dedan issue wasn't over Jefferson after all as rumored. Wonder what it was about then.
The only positive thing this off season that has happened. Is CKK keep his recruiting class together. Include DJ in that. I was for sure someone would of poached. Cherry, Evans and/or N'Diaye! Seems like a above average recruiting class ,but usually Freshman takes a year or 2 to really contribute and the JC players 1 year. If CKK has any chance to hang on he better sign one huge impact player or 2 close to impact players. i do think we got a more balanced team and a chance to be good in 1-2 more years. Especially in the MWC.

ISU is going to be a bonifide preseason top 5 team in the land. Yet another former Rebel coach who goes on to success after a brief stint here.

The helicopter ride inspired so much hope for him here haha.

• Haha
ISU is going to be a bonifide preseason top 5 team in the land. Yet another former Rebel coach who goes on to success after a brief stint here.

Remember we beat them for Anthony Bennett and Rashad Vaughn? They were pissed. I guess they got their revenge on since Otz got there. He knows the in and out of UNLV.

Just be patient with CKK. I stated that Otz was a good coach in his first year. CKK isn't there yet but the trajectory might be similar.

Well NO! But he did have a visit or suppose to have one. We are striking out left and right.

Remember we beat them for Anthony Bennett and Rashad Vaughn? They were pissed. I guess they got their revenge on since Otz got there. He knows the in and out of UNLV.

Just be patient with CKK. I stated that Otz was a good coach in his first year. CKK isn't there yet but the trajectory might be similar.

The views keep getting less and less..

It's not really comparable... I mean he had UNLV trending in the right direction and had one heck of a recruiting class coming in. He then goes to a school with a ton of basketball history in the midst of a slight downturn with a bunch of money behind him right as college free agency hits... it's not exactly hard to see how that happens

The only positive thing this off season that has happened. Is CKK keep his recruiting class together. Include DJ in that. I was for sure someone would have poached. Cherry, Evans and/or N'Diaye! Seems like an above average recruiting class ,but usually Freshman takes a year or 2 to really contribute and the JC players 1 year. If CKK has any chance to hang on he better sign one huge impact player or 2 close to impact players. i do think we got a more balanced team and a chance to be good in 1-2 more years. Especially in the MWC.
Yes they definitely need a legit 2 who can shoot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT