ADVERTISEMENT

Is Chris Wood an All-American Candidate

If he keeps this up of course. I don't think it is possible to play at this high a level all year though.

I wish Nance would have kept laying off and letting him shoot.

Also I love how Chris stopped shooting outside after he missed one. Kid is really coming along.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

No. Our team isn't high enough in the rankings for him to be considered. Every team, when you look at the All-American teams, they are composed of great players on highly rated teams.

Yes, he is.

I hope we get more contributions from others, however, which would bring down Wood's numbers, but make our team better.

He was awesome against Wyoming, and that's 3 really good games in a row.

Averaging 16/10 with 3 blocks per- against that OOC schedule- yeah, he's a candidate. Plenty of work yet to be done if he wants to get there, but safe to say he's forced himself into that conversation. I envision those stats improving in conference play, as he really appears to have turned a corner.

Chris is a great example of a highly rated HS player who got to college- showed patience for a year while developing his game- now reaping the benefits. He could have moped and whined about limited run as a freshman, but he didn't. He could have transferred and tossed his old friends under the bus blaming the staff, but he didn't. Instead he showed toughness, humility, dedication, and loyalty.

Now he's leading the Rebs on the court, improving by leaps and bounds, and on the verge of earning generational wealth in the NBA.

I'm a big fan. Go get 'em CW. That young man is a Rebel.

too bad he didn't play like it this game when they needed him to!

He played lazy the whole game! No defensive help, no establishment down low, lazy ball screens, jogging down the court!

This post was edited on 1/4 4:39 PM by vegasgolds

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT