ADVERTISEMENT

I thought that chicks dig the long ball

Should have been a unanimous first ballot hall of famer, except Ken Gurnick is a huge pussy and didn't vote for him first time.
who the he!! is Gurnick? I'd love to see the ballot he submitted so I can see who he thought was more worthy than the Professor.

This is what a true whore looks like. Colorado people put her in a position of power to alter our laws. Until 2024, she will affect our lives.

This is what a true whore looks like. Colorado people put her in a position of power to alter our laws. Until 2024, she will affect our lives.
The only ones affecting people in the USA is the current regime in the White House and Senate. Biden has screwed up at every opportunity. With the OPEN borders, student loan bailouts( 4 votes) , Inflation , Giving 6 billion dollars to the #1 sponsor of terrorism, the withdraw the left billions upon billions of military equipment behind to terrorist which was used in the attacks in Israel and more to come, greatly reduced oil production in the USA, Oil reserves diminished ( Trump tried to buy oil at what 25 $ a barrel to fill the reserves to capacity ,but the retarded Pelosi and gang halted it and others because they did not want Trump to have any accomplishments now its at 85$ a barrel, forcing people to go green despite the real $ impact and damage and harm it does to the environment and the kids that mine it. I mean how many mistakes ,screwups , and plain out incompetence does one have before the media and liberals say this guy is not fit for the Oval Office?? Biden is the weakest President in the history of the US. That is why things are the way they are. Nobody is scared of us under his watch. All of this spending is catching up to us. When we go into a recession they of course will blame Trump and idiots will believe it because the media told them to. Instead of using common sense and reasoning. Like saying that 6 billion Iran got could not be used for terrorism only food. If u cant come to a logical conclusion on that then you are part of the problem. Shortsightedness is the Liberals biggest problem. Not good at looking at the big picture.

Dude, the Astros got destroyed by the Twins or Orioles?

He did have to retire from an arm injury, so there’s that caveat. Granted, he was past his mid 40’s at the time and was clocked in the 80’s throwing out a first pitch when he was well retired. Lol

He and Maddux were my favorite pitchers of all time (that’s why I’ll share stuff about them more than any other pitchers). Absolute polar opposites. I get it. Both beat you psychologically in their own way.

In fact, Nolan probably throws harder now than Maddux did in his prime. Lol

He did have to retire from an arm injury, so there’s that caveat. Granted, he was past his mid 40’s at the time and was clocked in the 80’s throwing out a first pitch when he was well retired. Lol

He and Maddux were my favorite pitchers of all time (that’s why I’ll share stuff about them more than any other pitchers). Absolute polar opposites. I get it. Both beat you psychologically in their own way.

Maddux was an artist. I wasn’t a fan, didn’t like the Cubs or Braves … but still admired how he went about his business. He was a surgeon with incredible precision and dominant with movement and placement without any power.

Ryan, again .. never on one of my teams … but man … he could mindf you, you couldn’t plant in the box, on your toes, and he brought the heat as well as anyone. The Astros were so pathetic offensively that the guy had some near 500 seasons with a ridiculously low ERA. But he was intense, he intimidated, he was that redneck with a shotgun and Budweiser that you just didn’t want to mess with.

Reactions: bcvegaspt

Maddux could throw harder, but why would he? I remember seeing something talking about how he could, but he didn't need to because he could change speeds and hit spots with movement on the ball. He's not wrong. MLB players can hit 97 and straight all day, especially if you catch too much of the plate. But get some 87 mph cutters, sliders, and 2 seam FB running 10" and it's a whole different story. Throw in an 82 mph change up that drops off the table and all coming from the same arm slot...

Maddux could throw harder, but why would he? I remember seeing something talking about how he could, but he didn't need to because he could change speeds and hit spots with movement on the ball. He's not wrong. MLB players can hit 97 and straight all day, especially if you catch too much of the plate. But get some 87 mph cutters, sliders, and 2 seam FB running 10" and it's a whole different story. Throw in an 82 mph change up that drops off the table and all coming from the same arm slot...
I think minor leaguers and good college players could pelt 97 straight all day long. If you’re going to bring it straight, you better be busting 100 mph regularly.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I think minor leaguers and good college players could pelt 97 straight all day long. If you’re going to bring it straight, you better be busting 100 mph regularly.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
In addition, you need a good secondary pitch. If you can only throw a 100 mph fastball, and the MLB guys can sit on just that one pitch, you're gonna get hit. If you at least have a good slider or splitfinger or something to keep them honest on the fast ball, it'll be much more effective.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Cerano knew what he was talking about

c7743e3c-b4b7-40da-890b-398003cccaec_text.gif

In addition, you need a good secondary pitch. If you can only throw a 100 mph fastball, and the MLB guys can sit on just that one pitch, you're gonna get hit. If you at least have a good slider or splitfinger or something to keep them honest on the fast ball, it'll be much more effective.
Not sure of your age … but if you get in the box at this age now, get warmed up … I’m betting you can still catch up to a 97 mph straight fastball that catches too much plate. Right?

I always thought a great change is important. Of course, when I say great, I mean arm speed is the same, angle, etc. Perfectly disguised, it’s beautiful and can make people look as stupid as when a sharp curve buckles them.

Still - I think it’s incredible. I once saw some graphics on the reaction time needed to hit a baseball and it blows my mind. All the things you need to do to be successful and you have to do them in milliseconds. It really is incredible. The pros make it look easy and it’s the toughest thing in sports, imo.

Not sure of your age … but if you get in the box at this age now, get warmed up … I’m betting you can still catch up to a 97 mph straight fastball that catches too much plate. Right?

I always thought a great change is important. Of course, when I say great, I mean arm speed is the same, angle, etc. Perfectly disguised, it’s beautiful and can make people look as stupid as when a sharp curve buckles them.

Still - I think it’s incredible. I once saw some graphics on the reaction time needed to hit a baseball and it blows my mind. All the things you need to do to be successful and you have to do them in milliseconds. It really is incredible. The pros make it look easy and it’s the toughest thing in sports, imo.
In my mind I could still do it, but in reality, not likely. Once you stop playing, you definitely lose those things. In a sense, it's like sprinting. When you do it all the time, it's no big deal. If you go for a few years without ever getting above a slow jog, and then go try to sprint, it's not going to end well. LOL.

The only ones affecting people in the USA is the current regime in the White House and Senate. Biden has screwed up at every opportunity. With the OPEN borders, student loan bailouts( 4 votes) , Inflation , Giving 6 billion dollars to the #1 sponsor of terrorism, the withdraw the left billions upon billions of military equipment behind to terrorist which was used in the attacks in Israel and more to come, greatly reduced oil production in the USA, Oil reserves diminished ( Trump tried to buy oil at what 25 $ a barrel to fill the reserves to capacity ,but the retarded Pelosi and gang halted it and others because they did not want Trump to have any accomplishments now its at 85$ a barrel, forcing people to go green despite the real $ impact and damage and harm it does to the environment and the kids that mine it. I mean how many mistakes ,screwups , and plain out incompetence does one have before the media and liberals say this guy is not fit for the Oval Office?? Biden is the weakest President in the history of the US. That is why things are the way they are. Nobody is scared of us under his watch. All of this spending is catching up to us. When we go into a recession they of course will blame Trump and idiots will believe it because the media told them to. Instead of using common sense and reasoning. Like saying that 6 billion Iran got could not be used for terrorism only food. If u cant come to a logical conclusion on that then you are part of the problem. Shortsightedness is the Liberals biggest problem. Not good at looking at the big picture.
Forgive me BC, Scalise is a Neo Nazi sympathiser was the leading candidate to be Speaker of the House for your Republican conference. Your ugly conference is not a Republican conference. I am a life long Republican.
Speaker of the House is 3rd just behind the Vice President to be President of the U.S. A f*cking Neo Nazi was the leading candidate. Your party suck d!ck.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT