ADVERTISEMENT

I heard the Rashad

The feeling is rashad will be back next year along with DM and GO. A lot of ppl have been down on the team this year bt we are playing 5/8 freshman along with a soph. And everyone wants to point UK, well let's see some things CDR is not Cal for one and secondly Cal only truly played a freshman dominant team last year and the year before, other than that they have had key returners on every team including his championship team.
His 2 freshman heavy teams missed the tourney and the other made the championship game only after struggling for most of the year (like we are now) and they only had what most called the best recruiting class ever.. I think CDR has made huge leaps this year and after the season there won't be anywhere near the amount of turnover there was in previous years. With a great group of sophomores who will be pretty experienced and what could be a top 10 class if we land Zimm I think we would have a huge season next year and if we don't that would be the only time CDR's job should be in jeopardy.
I'm looking forward to this next stretch of games the team seems to be responding to a lot of the hate from twitter and what not, this will tell me a lot about our chances of winning the MW tourney as that is our only chance to getting in the dance.

Originally posted by Willden4UNLV:
I appreciate the optimism. I really hope Dave can do something down the stretch here.
that's optimism there.

i don't see too much good happening, but that doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Rice is caught in a bad spot. a couple years back, he benched Bennett at the end of a game because he wasn't doing what he needs to for defense. this year, i'm sure he'd like to have benched Wood a while back, but he's still trying to win games.

Vaughn will stay unless he suddenly starts shooting 60% from the field and 45%+ from 3 while averaging 26ppg.

Problem is the rest of the conference use the formulas for beating UNLV. It's going to be a hard road the rest of the way to the end of the season. Going to be hard to just get to .500 in conference play. Need to win 3 of the next 4. And should sweep them all considering we play UNM in the Mack.

I actually think that the schedule sets up well, a lot of early road games to beat them up and get their egos in check, then a lot of home games to rack up wins and hopefully build momentum heading onto tourney time.

Detail these huge leaps CDR has made as coach. After the Bouse game he said that he thought the rebels scheme was good - is he watching the same game I did? The Rebels jacked up an incredible 29 3s in that game. The Rebels rank 229th in assists and 190th in offensive efficiency. The Rebel offense is usually one guy dribbling too much and 4 guys standing around. On defense we have terrible on ball defense- in other words fundamentally not much has changed. The Rebs remain a poor fundamental basketball team which has been pretty consistent during the CDR tenure. Let's see if this team can improve between now and the end of conference, but saying CDR has taken a huge leap forward as a coach I do not see that at all.

It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow. What's the forcast in March again?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT