ADVERTISEMENT

I didn’t post last night, wasn’t active

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
Just laid down and watched the game in peace for a change. Quiet house, relaxing.

Shook my head most of the game. After we lost, I wasn’t pissed … I really don’t get pissed after losses or super amped after wins. But I didn’t feel like looking at anything UNLV related so I temporarily shut down outside communications aside from about a dozen fans texting me how badly we suck. It’s whatever. I was going to see one of two things. People complaining we suck, which is depressing, or people covering up the fact we suck by placing roses on top vomit and calling it art. Both suck. So I just refrained.

I’ll see it all today as I surf around. But it’s incredibly disappointing that we are destined for a cellar spot with so many games remaining. This isn’t the B10 or ACC. It’s the fkn mountain west. And you can place the same “the league is pretty damn good”’s on it as you want, it ain’t all that. It’s akin to thinking we did a great job OOC. This league has one “good” team and they’re far from great and a couple of mediocre teams. And besides, it’s not those “top” teams that are doing so much damage to us.

The Rebs have lost, what? 2 games vs the top 3 in conference? But lost four games vs the bottom 4 in conference.

I think we have 5 home losses, as well? I realize fans aren’t showing up in numbers or excitement … but you cannot roll out such home futility in front of fans and expect them to show up and be energetic. And no, it’s not just this season, it’s been a string of seasons where UNLV struggles at home. The MWCT in the Mack - a PERFECT venue for the tournament because it’s Vegas (accommodations/excitement), it’s cheap travel, and it’s not a completely foreign court … and it yields no home court advantage.

It’s just seriously disappointing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News