Haven’t been around much at all lately

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
Just lots of other things going on.

Did spend some time with a person in the know (not UNLV know, but player talent know) last night. Somebody who has seen our 2024’s play several times.

He loves Dedan, even more than most people. Really loves his game (I’ve heard more people that think he’s a good D1 player but has a few flaws).

Regarding Evans and Bannarbie, he says they may become something in time but they don’t stand out right now. Especially Bannarbie, not high in him at all. Suspects that it’s more about a connection to others than talent.

He doesn’t know a lot about the current UNLV or KK as a coach, so he really doesn’t know where we stand in the grand scheme heading into 2023. Glossing over the roster, he said solid, maybe an NCAA team if things click well. But I wouldn’t put a ton of stock in that judgement either, he’s strictly looking at paper.

I haven’t seen any workouts yet so I can’t say myself what I’ve seen. One guy I know has but it was a light workout with nothing good or bad to be revealed, it was just a going through the motions type of workout.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News