ADVERTISEMENT

Group of 5 power rankings

It mentions our "defensive nucleus is back". I think we've really recruited well with defense that we will be just that much better. I can't wait for football season to start.

Well, officially you aren't G5 until August 2nd I believe.
I am too lazy to go find the fine print - but I believe it is the highest-ranked G5 team, not the highest ranked G5 conference champ that makes the CFP. So wouldn't that be funny if my Cougs went 12-0, beating uw and Texas Tech along with Boise Junior College and Trucking School (sorry donkeys, couldn't' resist) and the rest of our MW foes, thus maybe making us the top-ranked school? Wonder what the Vegas odds would be on that happening? Probably something with a lot of zeroes/1. :)

Edit = guess I was wrong - per the linked article below, it is indeed the top-ranked G5 conference champ. So my Cougs and OSU have zero chance of making the CFP for the next 2 years. Unless we (cough) get an at-large berth.

Last edited:
CBS is nuts. Look at where they ranked these new MWC coaches

Seeing UNLV at 12 and SDSU at 9 makes me chuckle. Their reasoning is what Lewis did at Kent State (24-31) given the history of the program.

Like... WHAT?!

Then he spends 1 season at Colorado in a dumpster fire? ... Okay, sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT