ADVERTISEMENT

Grill Update...

TimothyC3

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
From the Kansas.Com with quotes from Grill. I feel he will commit to UNLV:

Grill, a 6-foot-3 guard, has taken an official and an unofficial visit to K-State and the Wildcats are now among his three finalists, along with Iowa State and UNLV. He hopes to choose one next week.

“It will be a tough decision,” Grill said. “All three schools have a lot to offer. I will have a lot to think about.”

K-State presents an option close to home, but it faces serious competition. Grill was in Ames earlier this week visiting Iowa State and he will be in Las Vegas this weekend, where he will be reunited with the coach who has recruited him longer than anyone else.

Grill originally chose South Dakota State over Texas Tech, Nebraska and Washington State because of his relationship with then coach T.J. Otzelberger. But Grill had a change of heart when Otzelberger took the UNLV job. He may now choose to follow him west.

All three schools are currently even in Grill’s mind, but UNLV and Otzelberger will get the last word.

“We have an unbelievable relationship,” Grill said of Otzelberger. “Me and him are a lot alike in how hard we work and how hard we compete. We see the game the same way.”

K-State put its best foot forward when Grill was on campus last week.

Weber hasn’t landed a Sunflower State recruit since Dean Wade pledged his services to the Wildcats four years ago, but he left campus as one of the best players in school history. Perhaps Grill could follow that same path? Grill said he was honored when K-State offered him a scholarship last month, and the Wildcats played up their in-state connections.

Grill certainly has the skills to help the Wildcats, as early as next season. He recently led Maize to its best season in school history. The multi-sport athlete, who also plays football, baseball and competes as a high jumper, guided the Eagles to the Class 5A semifinals while averaging 18.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 3.4 assists as a senior. He shot 48 percent from the floor and 35 percent from three-point range.

“They told me they need a shooter,” Grill said. “That’s one of my strengths, so I definitely see how I fit with them.”

Iowa State can offer the prospect of early playing time following the departures of Lindell Wigginton and Talen Horton-Tucker.

UNLV is led by the coach Grill put his trust in months ago.

What does he value most? The answer could determine where he ultimately ends up.

“Distance is not something I’m worried about,” Grill said. “I want to be in a system that fits me and helps me become the best player I can possibly be. If I have to go far away to do that, that is what I am going to do.”

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article229913874.html#storylink=cpy

Reactions: s89103
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News