ADVERTISEMENT

Good news to come soon

good-news-everyone.jpg

Bob Maxson & Dennis Finfrock caught in a drug deal by a secret camera hidden in an air vent? (No I haven’t let it go.)
Ugh, has any other school gone out of their way to screw over their own coach the way they did? I bet when they pass their aura of evil will pass as well and the Israelis and Palestinians will finally make peace.

First thought is Boone's transfer waiver was approved
I think this is the most crucial news at this point.. I don’t really see how Keylan gets a waiver.. The NCAA has really cracked down on these 2 time transfers for both FBall & Bball.. It doesn’t make sense to me that CKK’s main case for approval is for the Boone twins to play their final year of college ball together.. I don’t see that as a warranted approval by the NCAA, very concerning if it does not go through..

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I think this is the most crucial news at this point.. I don’t really see how Keylan gets a waiver.. The NCAA has really cracked down on these 2 time transfers for both FBall & Bball.. It doesn’t make sense to me that CKK’s main case for approval is for the Boone twins to play their final year of college ball together.. I don’t see that as a warranted approval by the NCAA, very concerning if it does not go through..
When you say it like that feel like it's hard to also see a waiver being approved. I didn't see this quote. But it sounds like the rationale for the waiver is a factor of convenience not an issue of need. The boone twins can still practice together, board together, and support each other. But they can't play together based on what you stated alone. That's not really the NCAA's problem that they want to play together. It's more of a personal issue related to preference and previous choices by the twins.

It should be especially concerning to CKK. Expectations and results could drop without one or both. The hot seat would intensify.

When you say it like that feel like it's hard to also see a waiver being approved. I didn't see this quote. But it sounds like the rationale for the waiver is a factor of convenience not an issue of need. The boone twins can still practice together, board together, and support each other. But they can't play together based on what you stated alone. That's not really the NCAA's problem that they want to play together. It's more of a personal issue related to preference and previous choices by the twins.
It should be especially concerning to CKK. Expectations and results could drop without one or both. The hot seat would intensify.
I’m hoping there is some kind of precedent with twins & this situation, being granted a waiver for one final dance together.. Because if not, why the hell would CKK take the risk of using up a scholarship by bringing Keylan over from Pacific and pray that the NCAA follows through.. & I agree, not having Keylan would absolutely temper expectations, not to mention Kalib’s pending DUI case.. This season could be off the rails before it even starts..

Which one is good and which one is not supposed to be good?

I thought you can transfer a second time if you are a grad transfer, has he not graduated yet?

I thought you can transfer a second time if you are a grad transfer, has he not graduated yet?
I was confused by that as well, maybe he was short on credits.. But even if that were the case, there wouldn’t be a need for submitting a waiver.. At this point, wait & see, but I’d strongly question CKK’s judgment if it doesn’t go our way.. Can’t afford to take eligibility risks in year 3 unless you’re absolutely certain..

This post was not about Williford. We got the wing that we wanted months ago.
First, I always appreciate your insight. Is UNLV in the running for Miles Goodman? I see UNLV has offered and he is a nice prospect IMO. Physically at 6'10" and very long his skill set reminds me a lot of Chris Wood. Since he is from Seattle I assume he would be a Jamal Williams recruit.

First, I always appreciate your insight. Is UNLV in the running for Miles Goodman? I see UNLV has offered and he is a nice prospect IMO. Physically at 6'10" and very long his skill set reminds me a lot of Chris Wood. Since he is from Seattle I assume he would be a Jamal Williams recruit.

Nice prospect. Kid is well rounded. Hopefully we can find more real game videos. That highlights is weird, though..

This just an observation. IMO we are see the impact of the last 8-10 years of NBA Global on many of the kids coming from Africa. Now they are playing ball much earlier and you can see it. Just look at the Pape Makan Diouf and his handle at 7'1"! He has skills and can go left on the bounce with ease. Impressive prospect IMO.

This just an observation. IMO we are see the impact of the last 8-10 years of NBA Global on many of the kids coming from Africa. Now they are playing ball much earlier and you can see it. Just look at the Pape Makan Diouf and his handle at 7'1"! He has skills and can go left on the bounce with ease. Impressive prospect IMO.
What make these two Pape different, both play similar and both are 7'0 plus. It would be one helluva front court if they are "good enough" to start. It would be the new Georgetowns' TWIN TOWERS..

Thanks for the kind words. Goodman never seriously considered UNLV at any point in his recruitment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT