ADVERTISEMENT

Give the man whatever NIL he wants

I’ve got a feeling he ends up at a P5. Only way he doesn’t is if they are worried about his injury concerns.
Hell, SDSU is a good landing spot for him. Can dominate a mediocre conference, play for a top 25 team, sure to play in the NCAA’s, play in front of a strong home court (with a S16, you can expect an enthusiastic fan base) … and he knows the players, teams in this conference.

What would SDSU be without a force in the paint? Oh yeah, just another MW team. They always seem to have that guy in the middle, tho.

What would SDSU be without a force in the paint? Oh yeah, just another MW team. They always seem to have that guy in the middle, tho.
To SDSU’s credit, even when those bigs are very mediocre, they absolutely help put them over the top. So many were mediocre that I can barely remember their names. But they were a big part of the team.

That’s what happens when you have a philosophy, a style, a foundation and you recruit to it … that’s when the sum is far greater than the parts.

To SDSU’s credit, even when those bigs are very mediocre, they absolutely help put them over the top. So many were mediocre that I can barely remember their names. But they were a big part of the team.

That’s what happens when you have a philosophy, a style, a foundation and you recruit to it … that’s when the sum is far greater than the parts.
This is very well said

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Lol all of a sudden lots of Wyoming fans on Twitter are calling Ike trash and how he was always injured so they didnt need him. Crazy how quick the narrative flips when people dont get their way.

Lol all of a sudden lots of Wyoming fans on Twitter are calling Ike trash and how he was always injured so they didnt need him. Crazy how quick the narrative flips when people dont get their way.
Same thing with coaches. Even if they are struggling, they’re golden to some. Until the day they were fired, then those same fans finally call them a bum, even though they were a bum the entire time they were here.

SDSU is at a place where they can get a P5 talent and not only let him dominate in the MWC to showcase himself but also all but guarantee a NCAAT bid with a chance to win a game or two like this year although they have been one and done the past few years.

Reactions: RRebel
Hell, SDSU is a good landing spot for him. Can dominate a mediocre conference, play for a top 25 team, sure to play in the NCAA’s, play in front of a strong home court (with a S16, you can expect an enthusiastic fan base) … and he knows the players, teams in this conference.
How is this true with UNLV when we have near 100% turnover year after year in both players and coaching?

Reactions: TimothyC3
Speaking of transfer that want PT and make a lot of sense around our roster needs, Id be looking at Bobby Pettiford and Zach Clemence who are leaving Kansas... Bobby got stuck behind Dejuan and Zach got buried behind in the rotation, but he can shoot and play inside.. Both would bring strong culture and leadership with them and experience. Plus we know how much Kevin likes Big 12 transfers.

It doesn’t matter how hard we go after Kriisa, we have almost a 0% chance to get him. I’d love to get him but it’ll never happen. We have a 20x better chance at landing Dedan than Kriisa.

He was a Sean Miller recruit before he got fired. I’d guess he follows him back to Xavier.

It doesn’t matter how hard we go after Kriisa, we have almost a 0% chance to get him. I’d love to get him but it’ll never happen. We have a 20x better chance at landing Dedan than Kriisa.

He was a Sean Miller recruit before he got fired. I’d guess he follows him back to Xavier.
To be fair, we have almost a 0% chance of getting anyone that can make a major impact

We aren’t getting anyone on this top 25 transfer list, let me know when the list drops to between 150 to 250 and there you will find Kevin Kruger level players!
100%...
Lets get our heads out of the freaking clouds and start recruiting and targeting our reality. What we need to be looking at are players that are P5 talents but want playing time and arent just "exposure" away from the league(the top 25 guys)... those guys are going to be swallowed up by some of these P5s that are going to be needing a few more transfers than normal.

It’s not true for UNLV. Stability is key. We only excel with instability and uncertainty. And it sucks, let me tell you.
Its probably for this reason we have done so well in OOC (outside of it being rated quad 4 scheduling), that OOC coaches have nothing to scout prior to playing us.

I’d like to land him, 6’10 forward. As long as Kruger doesn’t think he can play the 5 I think he’d be a nice addition.
Fewer rebounds per minute than Muoka, plays mostly an outside game. Can drive. Can shoot the three. Altogether, an upgrade from Iwoukor. Not the center we need. He'd be foolish to go to a P5 as he would be a bench player but would see lots of minutes for us.

Fewer rebounds per minute than Muoka, plays mostly an outside game. Can drive. Can shoot the three. Altogether, an upgrade from Iwoukor. Not the center we need. He'd be foolish to go to a P5 as he would be a bench player but would see lots of minutes for us.
I agree. He’s definitely not a center and we still have to bring one in. He’s similar to Cottrell with better numbers and less injury concern. But he would add more length and that’s never a bad thing especially in the MW.

I agree. He’s definitely not a center and we still have to bring one in. He’s similar to Cottrell with better numbers and less injury concern. But he would add more length and that’s never a bad thing especially in the MW.
I mean, is it though? Muoka had length and was terrible like 80% of the time. Degenhart is 6-7 and plays 4 and stretch 5 at times for Boise and is 10x better than our "length" at just about everything.. having size but not using it where a team needs it isn't helpful. We need bigs (4s/5s) that rebound, dunk/layup and kick out to shooters, not ones that roll around the 3 point line and prefer pull ups/fade aways over buckets... We'll have enough guards that take bad shots, lol

I mean, is it though? Muoka had length and was terrible like 80% of the time. Degenhart is 6-7 and plays 4 and stretch 5 at times for Boise and is 10x better than our "length" at just about everything.. having size but not using it where a team needs it isn't helpful. We need bigs (4s/5s) that rebound, dunk/layup and kick out to shooters, not ones that roll around the 3 point line and prefer pull ups/fade aways over buckets... We'll have enough guards that take bad shots, lol
Muoka is a waste of height and length I agree. This kid can actually score. We would still need to bring in a true center. But if you’re looking for someone to take Vic’s roster spot this is a clear improvement that adds offensive capability.

The fact is we have to recruit over the people who left (Vic, Hall, Gilbert, McCabe, Parquet, Harkless). He would be an improvement over Victor or Hall whichever you want to theoretically replace.

If Amzil was brought in, we already have a stretch 4 in Cottrell? Do you play this guy and Cottrell together and hope they rebound or do we need more of a traditional 5 with a pair of hands and some sand in his shorts when it comes to being tough?

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
If Amzil was brought in,we already have a stretch 4 in Cottrell? Do you play this guy and Cottrell together and hope they rebound or do we need more of a traditional 5 with a pair of hands and some sand in his shorts when it comes to being tough?
You Bring in a 5. Muoka backs him up ( 30/10 min) Cottrell backs up Amzil or vice versa (split the 40 min) LRod, Whaley and a new recruit split the 40 min at the 3. Hicks, JJ, Gilbert and Nowell split the 2. ( whoever is hot gets the most minutes that night) Add two new PG to split the point and we have a team that could at least compete.

To seek a conference title I'm afraid we'd need serious upgrades a several of those positions - unless we have a real star at the 5 or PG.

Reactions: RRebel
I went to the WAC Tourney. there are a lot of players that are underrated shooters and bigs in that league. If you used analytics instead of rankings you could find players that are winners not stars. More chance of going to the NCAA's in MWC than the WAC.

With Cottrells injury history I say you split him and Amzil 50/50 unless one of them really separates themselves. You could play them both at times against smaller teams that could create matchup problems. But we have to bring in a true 5.

Another MWC guy I’d love to see at UNLV. Should have never let him leave Vegas for UNR in the first place.

Another MWC guy I’d love to see at UNLV. Should have never let him leave Vegas for UNR in the first place.

That's an interesting one... is Alford a poor fit for him or is he trying to get more exposure at a big school...

Also is he friends with Dedan because that might be something worth tracking

That's an interesting one... is Alford a poor fit for him or is he trying to get more exposure at a big school...

Also is he friends with Dedan because that might be something worth tracking
My guess is not only will he go higher than UNLV, but since UNLV didn’t even look at him in HS, he’s not going to choose UNLV.

But I guess you never know …

My guess is not only will he go higher than UNLV, but since UNLV didn’t even look at him in HS, he’s not going to choose UNLV.

But I guess you never know …
Do we really look at anyone in HS though? Lol

But really, If you're FOY in a mid-major and your coach isn't leaving and you transfer, youre probably right that it's not for a more questionable program but you can live at home...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT