ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: UNLV vs FUTAH

Originally posted by X7fifteen4:
What's up with the psyche of this team? Brain farts are consistent when it comes to the simple, elementary, fundamental aspects of basketball. Free throws for starts.

We may be the most ball watching ass team on both ends, particularly offense. No movement, just a bunch of talented players ball watching.
Just a reflection of our Coach's personality IMO!

The NCAA Tournament looks so unlikely now unless this team can improve enough to win the conference tournament. Guess we will have to hope that another year and another good recruiting class can give this team a boost next year.

Originally posted by Vegas007:
The NCAA Tournament looks so unlikely now unless this team can improve enough to win the conference tournament. Guess we will have to hope that another year and another good recruiting class can give this team a boost next year.
Ain't going to happen unless Rice can coach up (develop) the existing talent with the an in incoming recruiting class and create a synergy.

^I'm sure some of the players will get better just from having some actual experience in college. I'm just not sure we will see enough improvement overall.

I'm not a big fan of coaches that constantly yell. Phil Jackson would often just sit there and it worked fine for him. If Rice started yelling I doubt this team would look much better.

Originally posted by vegasgolds:
Wood is playing lazy!

He looks like a 50 year old man out there. Your 18 yrs old, show a little more energy out there!
Been saying that since day one.

Originally posted by Rebel Swagger:
The phantom flagrant call took us out of the game. What a crap call!
You are kidding right? That took us out of the game? Wtf game were you watching. Love how all you are blaming it on the refs. They had nothing to do with this beating. Luckily Utah wasn't playing much better or else it woulda been a 30 point loss. Blaming the refs. Hahahaha. You guys are delusional. Maybe if rice went to a zone in the second half then Utah wouldn't have had 5 straight layups from dribble penetration. That's what took us out of the game. Down 3 then 6 then 8 then 10 then 12. All layups and foul shots from penetration something the zone woulda prevented. I'm not sure how much more of this horseshit I can take.

Originally posted by 702Rebel Knight:

Originally posted by X7fifteen4:
What's up with the psyche of this team? Brain farts are consistent when it comes to the simple, elementary, fundamental aspects of basketball. Free throws for starts.

We may be the most ball watching ass team on both ends, particularly offense. No movement, just a bunch of talented players ball watching.
Just a reflection of our Coach's personality IMO!
Said that one pathetic thread but I have been dogged by many for stating the obvious and one of the major problems. Even the post by vegasgolds above has also reflected what I have been saying but no one wants to listen. Oh well.

Its really frustrating that we cant make free throws in big games. We showed no fight no heart towards that last 6 mins. Of the game WE HAVE TO GET BETTER!

Las Vegas, Nevada

Dave Rice should be fired tomorrow. That he accepted that BS flagrant one without the least bit of argument makes it quite clear that he is not willing to fight for his team. If he won't, you can't blame the kids for not giving their all. Rice has been criticized for years for being too mild, and I'm not generally in favor of a coach who goes apeshit..... but, a flagrant one on a normal shooting motion? He had to show some fire. I'm fed up. His kids work their butts off, and Rice acts like an indifferent observer.

15 minutes ago

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.diblasio

This post was edited on 12/21 12:15 PM by vegasgolds

Relax, nervous. How you read that much into a short comment is beyond me. If you literally believe that my comment was intended to imply that we lost the entire game based on one illusory flagrant foul, then you need to take a deep breath and relax. We lost because they beat us over 40 minutes, not over one call.

Beat us by 13 without their arguably best player in Loveridge and probably their worst game they've played all year.

This is where I will disagree. Yes we finished terrible and nees to get better, but how many games did we pull out at the end?

This isn't a case of no heart, it is a case of being inexperienced.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT