ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Fresno

Dollar popcorn, 2 dollar beers and 3 dollar hot dogs.

I have no clue who wins this game. But if Kevin loses to Hut, even though I think mid season firings are not the way to go, then they need to fire Kevin before he gets off the floor.

What looked like a rebel rout got real close for awhile. Fresno does have a few ballers.

I do not get our defense. We extend far from the hoop and pressure people, yet rarely challenge shots, so the other team shots a good percentage against us.

Positive note, we had cutters going to hoop and finding them more than we have all season.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
What looked like a rebel rout got real close for awhile. Fresno does have a few ballers.

I do not get our defense. We extend far from the hoop and pressure people, yet rarely challenge shots, so the other team shots a good percentage against us.

Positive note, we had cutters going to hoop and finding them more than we have all season.
Fresno is shit. They aren’t that far below 500 because they have ballers. They are that far below 500 because they don’t.

Hicks is real fun to watch, needs to be better on defense and free throws. He can really slice and dice through the lane when he wants to. Plus he has good range. He’s going to be real good.
I’d like to see more of DJ & Hicks in the backcourt. I know Hicks needs to be the capable back up to DJ, but the two of them would be a handful for defenders. If Hicks can consistently knock down the 3 he will become a real problem for opponents.

I guess... he shoots as well as most guys by % but I don't like seeing him take 3s in offensive sets because that means he's to far out from the basket to be effective.
When have you seen him effective close to the basket? His only game is outside.

When have you seen him effective close to the basket? His only game is outside.
I dont think hes affective, what i meant by that was they dont usually pull the big out to guard him around the perimeter which means there's a double available down low on Whaley or whoever is running the 4ish spot. Its like hes in there because we need a body, but overall I just havent seen what he was sold to be, and him shooting 3s every time he has the ball in his hands hurts more than just being a passer out of the low block.

I dont think hes affective, what i meant by that was they dont usually pull the big out to guard him around the perimeter which means there's a double available down low on Whaley or whoever is running the 4ish spot. Its like hes in there because we need a body, but overall I just havent seen what he was sold to be, and him shooting 3s every time he has the ball in his hands hurts more than just being a passer out of the low block.
…unless he’s making them, then someone has to go out and put a hand in his face which opens up Whaley, Boone. More of the same with all of our shooters - lack of consistency.

We are a three-point shooting team that is 203rd in the nation in shooting %.
And that is …. Scary. Scary numbers and scary that it might be our identity.

I don’t know how I’d describe UNLV. If you snapshot a game, you’d say strong defensive pressure, tough to score on, fluid offense.

If you snapshot another game, little inside game, poor rebounders, can’t shoot and slow defensively.

I think that best description is they’re a wildly inconsistent team. They can beat a top 20 team but lose to a bottom 100 team by a bunch. And you don’t know what you’re going to get game to game.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
And that is …. Scary. Scary numbers and scary that it might be our identity.

I don’t know how I’d describe UNLV. If you snapshot a game, you’d say strong defensive pressure, tough to score on, fluid offense.

If you snapshot another game, little inside game, poor rebounders, can’t shoot and slow defensively.

I think that best description is they’re a wildly inconsistent team. They can beat a top 20 team but lose to a bottom 100 team by a bunch. And you don’t know what you’re going to get game to game.
We go as the Boones go. If the PF Boone has a good game we can win has a bad game ,head not in the game or foul trouble we can lose to some real bad teams

Why did our player get ejected? My phone was off..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT