ADVERTISEMENT

Foreverlobos.com

WYNN or Dye

NBA Draft Pick
Mar 29, 2010
I'm on the Lobos basketball forum and the discussion comes up.

Who is the better PG. Dedan Thomas Jr. or Donovan Dent of New Mexico is in the MW?

So, I make my case over there for Dedan and his credentials are so much better than Dent in HS.
Plus, Dedan should be a true freshman in college now.
Of, course ALL the Lobo posters think, Donovan Dent is the better PG than DT is.
I do like Donovan Dent as a PG. Just, think DT has a much higher ceiling.
What are you guys thoughts, on who the better PG is?
Or, is it even a question?

Last edited:
Dedan is the better PG and its not close in my eyes. UNM fans are one of the most biased fanbases and they would have said that Dent sucks and that they didnt even want him if Toppin didn't transfer. His transfer unlocked Dent's new bag.

I'm on the Lobos basketball forum and the discussion comes up.

Who is the better PG. Dedan Thomas Jr. or Donovan Dent in the MW?

So, I make my case over there for Dedan and his credentials are so much better than than Dent in HS.
Plus, Dedan should be a true freshman in college now.
Of, course ALL the Lobo posters think, Donovan Dent is the better PG than DT is.
I do like Donovan Dent as a PG. Just, think DT has a much higher ceiling.
What are you guys thoughts, on who the better PG is?
Or, is it even a question?
I didn’t think much of UNM altogether. That Dedan was able to effectively throw their jaw jacking smacky upperclassman with ease tells me a lot about both players. The “freshman” poise beat out their no substance leader. Dudes game was predicated on getting in your head and Dedan sloughed it off with zero problem and it threw House’s game off.

I’ll take Dedan. Not a ton of flash, but wise beyond his years on the floor, a cool cucumber.

I think our own fans can be delusional, but they are miles behind UNM fans.

Yes, the Rebel posters, were going to side with Dedan.
And, I knew it that the Lobo posters were going to side with Dent.

It was like, Daniel in the Lion's den when, I was the only one going against the Lobo fan's.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Yes, the Rebel posters, were going to side with Dedan.
And, I knew it that the Lobo posters were going to side with Dent.

It was like, Daniel in the Lion's den when, I was the only one going against the Lobo fan's.
Their entire fanbase reminds me of a tiny segment of ours. Coach can’t do anything wrong, every player is the next coming, they’re sweet 16 bound. And that’s when they signed that Cowman center that couldn’t jump and the horrible D2 PG Javelin something. And somebody Logs Sky Miles, lol. Roo suit, stat.

Very mediocre program but we all are at this point. It used to be a lot more fun when there was actually some true potential in the programs instead of finger crossing and daydreaming.

Their entire fanbase reminds me of a tiny segment of ours. Coach can’t do anything wrong, every player is the next coming, they’re sweet 16 bound. And that’s when they signed that Cowman center that couldn’t jump and the horrible D2 PG Javelin something. And somebody Logs Sky Miles, lol. Roo suit, stat.

Very mediocre program but we all are at this point. It used to be a lot more fun when there was actually some true potential in the programs instead of finger crossing and daydreaming.
Joe, correct me if I am wrong.
I don't, think they ever went to the Sweet 16.
So, how can they even say that. IF, they never achieved it, in the first place.

Reactions: j. spilotro
Sure I am biased, but how is this even a discussion? 5 star player that came in and somehow exceeded expectations. FOY. All the announcers saying how he is the the future of MW after Steven's moving on. Especially against UNM who came after DJ hard with their admittedly very good experienced back court and got schooled?

Last edited:
They went a LONG time ago. They may have gone when we made our run in 1976-77. Around then. All those "good" years with Alford and the best they could do is win a game.

They went a LONG time ago. They may have gone when we made our run in 1976-77. Around then. All those "good" years with Alford and the best they could do is win a game.
Okay, thanks. I saw, back in 1968 and in 1974.
They, went to the Sweet 16.
In 1968, they had a bye. So, they only had to win 1 game to make it to the Sweet 16.

Reactions: Boston Rebel 2
Sweet 16 in 1968 and 1974.

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
I didn’t think much of UNM altogether. That Dedan was able to effectively throw their jaw jacking smacky upperclassman with ease tells me a lot about both players. The “freshman” poise beat out their no substance leader. Dudes game was predicated on getting in your head and Dedan sloughed it off with zero problem and it threw House’s game off.

I’ll take Dedan. Not a ton of flash, but wise beyond his years on the floor, a cool cucumber.

I think our own fans can be delusional, but they are miles behind UNM fans.
We’re just a notch below..which isn’t saying much.

Our ‘77 Theus-led team was ridiculous. Still wonder who was better, that team or ‘89-‘91 squad.

Our ‘77 Theus-led team was ridiculous. Still wonder who was better, that team or ‘89-‘91 squad.
Can, you imagine if the 1977 team had a shot clock and the 3 point line.
How many points, that team would have scored per game?
They, AVERAGED 107 POINTS PER GAME!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Theus did not lead them that year. He was a freshman. Eddie Owens, Gondo, Sudden Sam Smith, and Robert Smith were the leaders.

Watch the replay of unlv destroying USF in the tourney, it is one of greatest reb games ever.

Theus did not lead them that year. He was a freshman. Eddie Owens, Gondo, Sudden Sam Smith, and Robert Smith were the leaders.

Watch the replay of unlv destroying USF in the tourney, it is one of greatest reb games ever.

For those interested

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT