ADVERTISEMENT

For those that don't pay for confidential, this is how the scrimmage against Missouri State went

Thanks Lobby..keep your identity a secret.

Still down to meet up for lunch one of these days? I won’t snitch u out or reveal what race u are..

Missouri State fan here, thanks for posting the score info. Any insight on who our leading scorers might have been?
You shot the three well, Moore Mason and Lee all in double digits. UNLV was more physical, got to the line a lot, especially later in the game to keep some distance.

UNLV had 29 FT’s to MSU’s 16. Many came later.

do you mean someone better than JJJ?
JJJ who didn't play PG over Webster last season but is miraculously a PG this season? If Webster and Hill played PG in this game, and Hill was the primary PG in the first scrimmage, what does that tell you about JJJ as a PG this season? He's not even getting run in scrimmages as a point, let alone game time.

Just because he's 5-foot nothin', 100 and nothin' doesn't mean he's a PG.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I thought Hill basically ran the point in the first game? More like a Point forward? No idea, I just thought I remembered someone say that.

Webster did play point at Hawaii. I think he could work there, if we have an offense that actually shares the ball this year. I like him off the ball more just to set up better 3 point looks. Especially if we are without Keylan this season.

JJJ who didn't play PG over Webster last season but is miraculously a PG this season? If Webster and Hill played PG in this game, and Hill was the primary PG in the first scrimmage, what does that tell you about JJJ as a PG this season? He's not even getting run in scrimmages as a point, let alone game time.

Myself, not crazy about JJJ at point. He’s like a wilder Deville Smith with less vision, and Deville was as blind as a bat.

I think JJJ could be a back up point. Just bringing the ball up, he can get into the lane, and started to dish out of it more at the end of last season. Again hopefully we share the ball more, de emphasizing the need for a ball dominant guard.

Point guard was not our problem last year. Forwards and Centers that dropped the ball were. Also Nowell was not passed to when he was in the game. Looks like that is fixed. He is a shooting guard but he has handles and passes well. I'd rather have two 6'6 shooting guards bring the ball up than a point guard with no vision or penetration skills being stripped by a triple team in the paint. That was UNLV's major weakness last year, turnovers in the paint.

That's disappointing to hear. I would've thought he would've taken a crash course in point guard over the summer and at least be serviceable as a back up.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Hopefully we dont need much from our backup point guard.. we should have a great point in Dedan and if he is good as expected then hopefully he will be taking most of the minutes at PG. I know he will need a spell now and then. Maybe between Hill, Webster, and JJJ all three can fill the spot depending on stragety and who were playing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT