ADVERTISEMENT

Don't get your hopes up for tomorrow

I never thought this was a sure thing to begin with and it has nothing to do with KK. IMO he can recruit. It’s because DeGourville plays the same position as Brooklyn Hicks. They are both 2 guards. It makes little sense for DeGourville to commit with Hicks playing the same position and only one year ahead of him.

Reactions: Rebelhustle
Taj will go where he can shoot. USC, Iowa, et al all feature guards. It does come down to what he wants to do after college. 6'4, 180 and he is the best sg in Las Vegas. I like a lot of the SG's staff is recruiting..
His choice of majors is often overlooked, it may have an impact

Who has he gotten other than Dedan Thomas?

If he can land Pharaoh Compton, then my stance will soften somewhat.
Maybe you’re only speaking to high school recruits in which I still agree to disagree but see where you may be coming from. I think the landscape has changed so we will see less high school kids. But I’m also happy with getting Hicks. But he remains a question mark. So I can understand skepticism on the high school kids.

When it comes to transfers this is my list of quality guys who could have gone to big programs.

Hamm
Donovan
Parquet
Rodriguez

And this year
Hill (b12 starter)
Kalib (b12 starter)
Keylan(6’8 40% 3pt shooter)

These three are huge to me. Two of the three could have literally gone to any national caliber team with the third having good options as well. And then we have Dedan. Especially now I struggle to see how Kevin is an awful recruiter. He’s at least better than average. Kevin was also the recruiter on hill to Oklahoma. I won’t go out on a limb and say he’s an ace, because he’s not. But I have to give him a little credit.

Obviously that’s just my point of view but sheesh, he ain’t awful haha. Average? Maaaaybe.

Maybe you’re only speaking to high school recruits in which I still agree to disagree but see where you may be coming from. I think the landscape has changed so we will see less high school kids. But I’m also happy with getting Hicks. But he remains a question mark. So I can understand skepticism on the high school kids.

When it comes to transfers this is my list of quality guys who could have gone to big programs.

Hamm
Donovan
Parquet
Rodriguez

And this year
Hill (b12 starter)
Kalib (b12 starter)

These three are huge to me. Two of the three could have literally gone to any national caliber team with the third having good options as well. And then we have Dedan. Especially now I struggle to see how Kevin is an awful recruiter. He’s at least better than average. Kevin was also the recruiter on hill to Oklahoma. I won’t go out on a limb and say he’s an ace, because he’s not. But I have to give him a little credit.

Obviously that’s just my point of view but sheesh, he ain’t awful haha. Average? Maaaaybe.
As I see it, staff decided on transfer portal this year and succeeded. Their offers for 2024 are all high value recruits at their positions. KK and staff appear to have pivoted to HS route after this year.

They do seem to be shooting for at least 3 or 4 spots to fill with high school kids, true.

I wouldnt be worried about this loss in terms of a talent aspect. It does suck though because its a kid that the staff thought they had on lock. Again, the staff thought they had him.

This is not sour grapes at all, but I actually prefer 2 guys that play his position over him.

Another thing to note, DJ didnt recruit him personally but DJ is recruiting two others personally. Take that how you want

I think the staff have done a good job with recruiting this year. IMO transferring is part of recruiting now! I would like to see them pick up one more true big man, or some one that would key on rebounding if they don't I will be a little disappointed with the finish of the recruitment period. I was hoping they would pick up a quality center, power forward, but it will be hard to convince a good big to come here with a back up role. Unless the staff can convince a 2 year or more player that there will be a bigger role in the future, otherwise it looks like we will get a back up type player.

Hamm
Donovan
Parquet
Rodriguez

And this year
Hill (b12 starter)
Kalib (b12 starter)

247 Sports agrees with you and currently ranks UNLV transfer portal class 26th in the country and with only 3 players. With another transfer UNLV will be top 15 easy.
    Virginia

Virginia
    4 Commits

NC State

NC State
    6 Commits

UNLV

UNLV
    3 Commits

Georgetown

Georgetown
    5 Commits

Louisville

Louisville
    3 Commits

Also, 247 Sports ranks Kalib Boone the 10th ranked center in the County in the portal. A metric based site which factors in conference strength and efficiency similar to the NET ranking is very high on Boone. Their top player rankings. Source https://theresourcenexus.com/transfer-portal-basketball/

These are the top 400 out of 1700+ transfers

June 1st UpdatePreviousPERNewADJeff
1Hunter Dickinson7’1Michigan28.4Kansas6.2
2Jesse Edwards6’11Syracuse27.5WVU5.5
3Kalib Boone6’9Okl St24.9UNLV5.2
4Tyrese Samuel6’10Seton Hall22.8UF4.4
5Steven Ashworth6’1Utah St22.6Crei4.3
6Moussa Cisse6’10Okl St20.0Miss4.3
7Kadin Shedrick6’11Virginia24.9Texas4.3
8Cam Spencer6’4Rutgers21.44.2
9Kel’el Ware7’0Oregon21.8Ind4.2

I wouldnt be worried about this loss in terms of a talent aspect. It does suck though because its a kid that the staff thought they had on lock. Again, the staff thought they had him.

This is not sour grapes at all, but I actually prefer 2 guys that play his position over him.

Another thing to note, DJ didnt recruit him personally but DJ is recruiting two others personally. Take that how you want
Any word on the last scholarship?

LOL that’s rather embarrassing. I guess no different than the ass-whoopings SDSU has laid on UNLV the last decade. That’d said, SDSU peaked with its fluke championship game appearance. The kid should have picked a different school.

@lobbybuu why are you clogging up Twitter with replies to likes of Rebelrobert and unlvgirl or whatever? Just block them and move on.
I'm not clogging up anything. I haven't replied to unlvrebelgrl at all and I'm allowed to reply to anyone on my account.

If you don't like what you see, you can move on yourself and unfollow

You responded to her basically saying she is crazy, then you deleted it, then you made a post about it on here... And today there were like 4-5 posts between you and rebelrobert that kept showing up each time you guys would reply to each other.

All of it pretty immature stuff.

You responded to her basically saying she is crazy, then you deleted it, then you made a post about it on here... And today there were like 4-5 posts between you and rebelrobert that kept showing up each time you guys would reply to each other.

All of it pretty immature stuff.
I was kindly asked by some followers to not have negativity on the account and i respected it.

if its too immature for you, you can unfollow instead of coming on here to bitch. thats pretty immature too.

Who cares who someone replies to or likes on Twitter! Unless they are liking Hitler’s Twitter account, all is good. I’m kind of the opinion that I like things on Twitter as much as possible that has anything to do with UNLV. Even meh news. It’s my part in trying to support the algorithm that puts UNLV as trending. You never know who’s watching, on the fence, etc.

Besides, lobbybuu is the dude (or gal) that has made this basketball and football off-season much more interesting. Like away, regardless of the nutballs that the like goes to. Just keep the inside coming! I know I appreciate the info.

I was kindly asked by some followers to not have negativity on the account and i respected it.

if its too immature for you, you can unfollow instead of coming on here to bitch. thats pretty immature too.
As usual when something doesn’t go right half of the Rebel so called fan base start eating their young. Just blow these guys off. We appreciate your efforts to keep us all informed.

As usual when something doesn’t go right half of the Rebel so called fan base start eating their young. Just blow these guys off. We appreciate your efforts to keep us all informed.
You know how it is for these crazy "We're just one freshman and a few bounces away from a Final 4" Rebel fans...
If they pick us... " We're back, Final 4, it's 1990 all over again"
If they don't... "Kids not serious, he sucks, can't believe he'd rather go there than the premier institute of CBB that's just being held down by NCAA's Hate of Tark..."

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned but Taj’s girlfriend plays for USC. I’m not surprised at all he ended up in Southern California to be a bit closer. It stings that it’s the Aztecs but it makes sense given the talent level that is churned in and out at USC. He will get minutes for a very good, very stable program (hands really started to cramp typing that last bit).

Lmao, I’m blocked by Rebelrobert because I made him look silly AF, and have UNLVgirl on mute lmao. Both are unbearable.
RebelRobert have been known to have multiple aliases. Anyone sound familiar to you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT