ADVERTISEMENT

Deshaun Foster - New UCLA HC

If Im a UCLA alum, given the timing and circumstances I like this hire a lot.
As a UCLA hater. I'd have thought a program like UCLA would shoot higher than a first time HC. I know former players are popular with the base but honestly to me this seems like UCLA is settling for being meh...

Personally I would have gone with Brennan SJSU

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Now we’re on Marion watch, I feel like Marion would love to be the play caller under Foster.
I think Harper should start ordering antacid by the pallets. One good year and coaches names flying all over the places. What happens after another good year?

As a UCLA hater. I'd have thought a program like UCLA would shoot higher than a first time HC. I know former players are popular with the base but honestly to me this seems like UCLA is settling for being meh...

Brennan at Arizona you mean? Doubt he would leave there after two weeks but it happened with Beard and UNLV.

I don’t think they had many options this late. I think Foster keeps team from rushing to the portal when it opens again. I agree if it was December not who I’d want to see but in February it’s not a bad hire that if it goes sideways he probably won’t be there long.

Reactions: reagan21

He took the U of A job...

Brennan at Arizona you mean? Doubt he would leave there after two weeks but it happened with Beard and UNLV.

I don’t think they had many options this late. I think Foster keeps team from rushing to the portal when it opens again. I agree if it was December not who I’d want to see but in February it’s not a bad hire that if it goes sideways he probably won’t be there long.

He took the U of A job...
My bad I didn't realize Zona hired him.

This is what people should be more worried about. I personally was never worried about Odom leaving for UCLA, but I agree that BM would love to work with Foster.
Would Marion want to work with an offensive minded HC? He has only been a position coach, so I'm not sure if he has his own system or style of play. So maybe there would not be some conflict there.

This is what people should be more worried about. I personally was never worried about Odom leaving for UCLA, but I agree that BM would love to work with Foster.

UCLA is retaining all staff, so whoever the OC is would have to be ok with that. But I think it’s very likely that ucla just promotes from within.

Since Foster has 0 coordinator experience, he has been “asked” to find coordinators who are proven. I’ve also been told they want Bruin guys. I am 100% sure Marion would love the chance at UCLA in the big 10, but he doesn’t check the boxes

Also Chip Kelly may never want to step foot around Westwood. He was told by the AD in November to tell them why he shouldn’t be let go, and he plead his case. They decided to keep him and then he resigns in mid February.

There aren’t many rabid UCLA fans but if their ever find him then may do something crazy like put “impossible meat” in his tacos

Also Chip Kelly may never want to step foot around Westwood. He was told by the AD in November to tell them why he shouldn’t be let go, and he plead his case. They decided to keep him and then he resigns in mid February.

There aren’t many rabid UCLA fans but if their ever find him then may do something crazy like put “impossible meat” in his tacos

That's attempted murder in my book.

Reactions: Doneoett
Since Foster has 0 coordinator experience, he has been “asked” to find coordinators who are proven. I’ve also been told they want Bruin guys. I am 100% sure Marion would love the chance at UCLA in the big 10, but he doesn’t check the boxes
So that would rule out Jr. Neuheisal who is the first person I thought of. Not that either would take it but my first calls are to Eric Bieniemy and Tony White

Reactions: dcut03 and reagan21
If Bienemy had ANY interest that’s a home run hire. He deserves an NFL shot

I’m not sure which “proven” OCs will want this job.

If Bienemy had ANY interest that’s a home run hire. He deserves an NFL shot

I’m not sure which “proven” OCs will want this job.
He's currently unemployeed so who knows maybe he would go there for a season. IF Andy Reid were to retire I think he would have a lot of support from Mahomes to come back to KC.

He's currently unemployeed so who knows maybe he would go there for a season. IF Andy Reid were to retire I think he would have a lot of support from Mahomes to come back to KC.
That dude does not interview well. He went through 2 HC cycles as the hottest coordinator HC candidate and got passed on multiple times in consecutive cycles. Part of that was him being in Reid's shadow, and he did well enough last year to squash that stigma, but the rumor was that he was bullish in interviews.

Before the scandalous stuff with Deshaun Watson here in Houston, he wasn't happy and he forced a trade, sitting out a year. Apparently he would have been happy with the Bieniemy and not demanded a trade. When the Texans were still desperate to keep Watson happy, they still passed on Bieniemy.

Reactions: CRhodes1983
That dude does not interview well. He went through 2 HC cycles as the hottest coordinator HC candidate and got passed on multiple times in consecutive cycles. Part of that was him being in Reid's shadow, and he did well enough last year to squash that stigma, but the rumor was that he was bullish in interviews.

Before the scandalous stuff with Deshaun Watson here in Houston, he wasn't happy and he forced a trade, sitting out a year. Apparently he would have been happy with the Bieniemy and not demanded a trade. When the Texans were still desperate to keep Watson happy, they still passed on Bieniemy.
Old news!
He’s improved in the interview, ask Washington!

Honestly though, at this point, would you want to take a job where you're months behind the calendar and at a disadvantage in your conference just for the sake of "resume"? I get BM is a jumper and climber, but that seems like it would've been detrimental to his career.

Honestly though, at this point, would you want to take a job where you're months behind the calendar and at a disadvantage in your conference just for the sake of "resume"? I get BM is a jumper and climber, but that seems like it would've been detrimental to his career.
You go from UNLV where you have the chance to have a second great season and put your name up in lights for another job next year to a program that is very likely to crash and burn in the first season, which would leave Marion on the outside looking in.

You have no clue, you’re just vomiting up the old stuff the media has said about EB. But you can ask Ron Rivera though!

EB has been passed over for multiple HC jobs. There has to be a reason why.

He was good in KC under Reid with Mahomes.

Commanders were bottom third of league in offense this year. Having Sam Howell didn't help but still.

You have no clue, you’re just vomiting up the old stuff the media has said about EB. But you can ask Ron Rivera though!
Is it that old?

From being one of the hottest coordinators and top of everyone's list for a HC, to an OC at Washington of all places for a coach that was practically a lame duck from the jump for the season. He was not retained by a incoming defensive minded HC.

His name wasn't mentioned at all this past coaching cycle as a HC candidate.

Seems pretty fresh to me.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT