ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread CSU - Rebels

That’s a scary thought, but also one of the problems with the team is that we have zero PG backup so CKK is running DJ into the ground.

He’s been gimpy at times, and I think we should manage his time to avoid any further setbacks. I also think Hicks deserves more PT, he’s shined when he is given time but CKK doesn’t like playing freshman unless they are DJT.
Agreed. And that tends to REALLY show in freshman; they can really hit a wall. And it’s more likely to happen at PG, where the ball is in your hands most of the time AND the less reactionary/more mental aspect of the game, figuring out the lay of the land and different looks.

He’s primed to hit a wall, that doesn’t mean he will, we’ve seen it happen before and based on the overall circumstances (no backup/so many minutes), I’d be more surprised if DTJ DIDN’T hit a wall than did hit a wall. Even as good as he is.

Reactions: rebelwithacause
How can the team have an unimpressive won loss record and show improvement?

There are a few jobs that success is measured by absolutes. Sales can me measured directly - either you are selling or not. I think coaching is another one of those jobs. Either you win or not. I think we can delude ourselves when we start talking about how "hard" the team plays or we only lost 5 games by a few points each.

Improvement will be shown with wins or losses.
Whatever happen to being a fan ???

Half the people around here talk and act like they are the freaking Athletic Director of UNLV or something or like some booster with major pull. Soooooo involved in the politics of athletics- why ??? Its so funny. We almost won last night we played well on the road. We are improving. These are kids. Enjoy the game of basketball as a spectator - enjoy - have fun - Enjoy - have fun

Whatever happen to being a fan ???

Half the people around here talk and act like they are the freaking Athletic Director of UNLV or something or like some booster with major pull. Soooooo involved in the politics of athletics- why ??? Its so funny. We almost won last night we played well on the road. We are improving. These are kids. Enjoy the game of basketball as a spectator - enjoy - have fun - Enjoy - have fun
No matter how you look at it, athletics is a business, and UNLV has lost 80 percent of their fan based at home games.

No matter how you look at it, athletics is a business, and UNLV has lost 80 percent of their fan based at home games.
I’ve always said home attendance and enthusiasm is a good way to measure program health.

And that some people are resistant to what can be describe as the slow drip dumbing down of expectations shouldn’t be surprising.

I know it’s not the 80’s or the 90’s. But this isn’t even the 2000’s or 2010’s.

We’ve gone from … around 500 is punishable by death to … around 500 isn’t that bad … not only is it not that bad, it’s where we should be anyway.

If you’re ok with it, that’s fine, others don’t have to be.

If you’re pissed about it, that’s ok, but you’ll find people who are ok with it.

Reactions: butta1231
And how much money did you lose ?

Exactly - nothing- its not your biz - you are just a fan -

So are most of us - yet we jabber like we are in a confernce room calling shots - STOP THE PRESS - "we want Kruger fired" LMAO

people talk as if they are donating cash -

IMO if you dont donate 10s of thousands of dollar to the RAF then you really shouldn't have an opinion on who should and shouldn't be hired and fired - leave those opinions to the people who really matter.... the ones who are willing to part with millions of dollars in interject what THEY think should happen - we should listen to them only

In the meantime why don't we enjoy what we got

Last edited:
What do we have? Mediocre basketball sprinkled with occasional good games... for a decade? And were just supposed to sit and enjoy it?
Or we could take a stab at actually being good and a program in the top 3 to 4 of the conference with regular NCAA tournament appearances...
And yeah, none of us on this board are calling shots, I sure hope people important enough to be having those conversations aren't spending Friday nights and Saturdays on message boards.

To make the Dance, this UNLV have to learn how to close out games, one. Two, DJ need to shoot at a higher percentage at the free throw line late in the game. Three, Kalib need to stays out off foul trouble. Four, Web need to get the ball when his feet is fully set. Five, LuRod need to rebounds and defends like a madman like he did against Boise. Hicks need more minutes, he is too good to sit that long. Both Whaley and Kalib need to lead the team in scoring. Just a few wrinkles...
None of these players acts like professional except for DJ and he is only a freshman. These guys need to prepare for each game like they would prepare for a playoff game from here on out. Shoot 500 free throws, meditate or whatever they need to improve themselves.

Last edited:
What do we have? Mediocre basketball sprinkled with occasional good games... for a decade? And were just supposed to sit and enjoy it?
Or we could take a stab at actually being good and a program in the top 3 to 4 of the conference with regular NCAA tournament appearances...
And yeah, none of us on this board are calling shots, I sure hope people important enough to be having those conversations aren't spending Friday nights and Saturdays on message boards.
Maybe he mellowed with age. He wanted other coaches fired in the past …

So are most of us - yet we jabber like we are in a confernce room calling shots - STOP THE PRESS - "we want Kruger fired" LMAO

IMO if you dont donate 10s of thousands of dollar to the RAF then you really shouldn't have an opinion on who should and shouldn't be hired and fired - leave those opinions to the people who really matter.... the ones who are willing to part with millions of dollars in interject what THEY think should happen - we should listen to them only

I see a trend, we will win the next game.

Reactions: rebelwithacause
Maybe he mellowed with age. He wanted other coaches fired in the past
A lot of fans - including yourself have wanted and lobbied for what we want - Its built in my name _ when I first joined the board 25 years ago I had a cause. "rebelwithacause"

I got older, smarter, and realized - My opinion doesn't matter for shit - I can want in one hand and what happens in the other is what happens

Even with all your influence over the years _ Ive never seen you get what you want. NO coach you ever lobbied for or wanted has been hired. You can lobby and talk all day _ for what ? PLayers play - and we talk -NO substance at all. Just fanboy BS. It is what it is. Its really just a message board with a collection of opinions.

I remember the day when this message board had some influence (hits- traffic) So there was a chance someone would hear the message. I don't think anyone is listening or tuning in anymore.

Last edited:
I get why folks want to fire UNLV MBB coach (insert name) bc the program isn’t winning at a high level, but if every post is about fire the coach what’s the point of having a discussion board? I enjoy hearing others perspectives on game strategy, player performances, team weaknesses and strengths, improvements by players and the team, missing pieces that could make a huge difference next year, where the coaches need to improve and what adjustments they’ve implemented that have worked. And look I get it. I would also like a coaching change IF a real investment is made by UNLV in bringing in a legit HC with a proven track record. But if we’re just going to hire another Asst. Coach or a HC from a lower division, we’re just swapping out coaches but not really making any program changing improvements. In the meantime the season is going on and whether we’re doing poorly or doing really well I hope we can have discussions about our Rebels without it always having to be about firing the coach.

I get why folks want to fire UNLV MBB coach (insert name) bc the program isn’t winning at a high level, but if every post is about fire the coach what’s the point of having a discussion board? I enjoy hearing others perspectives on game strategy, player performances, team weaknesses and strengths, improvements by players and the team, missing pieces that could make a huge difference next year, where the coaches need to improve and what adjustments they’ve implemented that have worked. And look I get it. I would also like a coaching change IF a real investment is made by UNLV in bringing in a legit HC with a proven track record. But if we’re just going to hire another Asst. Coach or a HC from a lower division, we’re just swapping out coaches but not really making any program changing improvements. In the meantime the season is going on and whether we’re doing poorly or doing really well I hope we can have discussions about our Rebels without it always having to be about firing the coach.
EXACTLY - that is my point _ the kids and the program deserve for us for us to be fans right now.

Lets differ our CAMPAINS for coaching changes and all the talk until after the season - when the time is appropriate

Everyone want to be an "Influencer". It's what is cool nowadays. Hey look at me and how much I know.

Funny

Simple fact is almost nobody is enjoying what we have got currently (when was the last decent crowd?). I in no way put the blame for this on either the current President or AD, but hope they one way or another quickly figure out what they are going to do at the end of this season.

As long as UNLV continues to ask for donations from me, they can expect me to be pissed with what they have done to the basketball program over the last 30+ years. As long as UNLV is supported using tax dollars, it is as much my business as that of anyone else. If you don't like that, that is your privilege, and your right.

As for the large donors, many of the past so called Gucci row seats were purchased by a lot of my clients, who in many cases have walked away from the basketball program, with some of them moving over to football, and some of them just have given up on UNLV all together.

A lot of fans - including yourself have wanted and lobbied for what we want - Its built in my name _ when I first joined the board 25 years ago I had a cause. "rebelwithacause"

I got older, smarter, and realized - My opinion doesn't matter for shit - I can want in one hand and what happens in the other is what happens

Even with all your influence over the years _ Ive never seen you get what you want. NO coach you ever lobbied for or wanted has been hired. You can lobby and talk all day _ for what ? PLayers play - and we talk -NO substance at all. Just fanboy BS. It is what it is. Its really just a message board with a collection of opinions.

I remember the day when this message board had some influence (hits- traffic) So there was a chance someone would hear the message. I don't think anyone is listening or tuning in anymore.
I’ve never thought we’d get what we want. Idiots have run the school for a long time and the results reflect that.

I don’t think it’s ever had influence other than maybe raising awareness. Certainly never thought this place and our discussions would ever pick a coach or get rid of one. Attendance is a large influence of whether a coach is canned.

I don’t give it much thought - a new coach. If it happens, it happens, if it doesn’t, it doesn’t. None of it will matter if there isn’t a concerted effort to succeed, which seems to have happened with football.

But this place has always been nothing more, nothing less than a collection of opinions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT