ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches Caravan / Sanchez & Rice

I made it and I would definitely recommend for anyone who didn't to try to make the one at GVR next week. The coaches' talks (Sanchez, Rice, wbb Olivier, and the track coach) along with TKM were mostly PR fluff but were kept brief. Then Sanchez, Rice, and TKM went up and fielded questions from the crowd for about half an hour.

It was the first time I'd seen Sanchez in person and he does work the crowd. He seemed much more confident and unrehearsed addressing the crowd than Rice was. Sanchez mentioned a couple times bumping the team GPA up this semester (2.4 to 2.7 I think). Of course he talked a lot about facilities and specifically referred to needing to compete against what was happening elsewhere in the conference in Logan, Laramie, Boise, etc., and how important those facilities are to recruiting. He was also big on pushing Las Vegas because he believes if we can match those schools that recruits won't fly over LV to go to those places.

The turnout was good but less than I expected. The $25 admission was almost worth it just for the food and beer. We made a meal of the appetizers (pizza, sliders, etc.) and didn't even use all of our beer coupons (3 tickets each).

That's my quick take - I'd like to hear what other people thought stood out.

CoachesCaravan_zpsqcbaritp.jpeg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT