ADVERTISEMENT

CKK

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Is it that he recruits weak players or is it his system that takes strong players and makes them weak?

Rebel girl should be in an institution.

The problem is simple and doesn’t require a deep analysis. CKK is just in over his head. It’s that simple.
He gets outcoached in most of our losses. Gets blindsided with certain schemes and does a horrible job at adjustments. Horrible at calling Timeouts. HORRIBLE!! I am not going to wait around another 3-5 years till he finds himself. It was so selfish for him to take the job. KNEW 100000000% it was nepotism . Proved nothing to get the job.

If every season players check out about 5 or 6 games into conference season it's not just "out of his control"... it speaks to what he's putting into the program and who he is bringing in. All these 5th year guys are here now collecting a paycheck and being in Las Vegas. If every year they're checking out and taking teams lightly it's reflective if culture not individuals

If the players took AFA lightly, they should have remedied that early in the game when they were down 15. Plenty of time to get their heads straight in the TV timeout and then implement the “game plan.” Clearly there is more going on here than they simply took AFA lightly. All points to program leadership.

I think I read the Lady Rebels have higher attendance than the men's team.

This was our last home game.
The attendance was only 1,188 people at Cox Pavilion.

This was our men's home attendance, last night against last place Air Force.
6,392 people.

I, wish it was true, but it's not.

Reactions: Takethat702
If the players took AFA lightly, they should have remedied that early in the game when they were down 15. Plenty of time to get their heads straight in the TV timeout and then implement the “game plan.” Clearly there is more going on here than they simply took AFA lightly. All points to program leadership.

Agree, but motivation isn't a light switch. Can't be turned on and off. Either you're motivated to play or you aren't.

Can't be 10 or even 5 minutes into a game and think 'Oh crap we need to turn it on now'.

This isn't a defense of Kevin at all but an indictment of the players. Either you love and respect the game or you don't.

There are a lot of guys that are good even very good at a particular sport. Gifted athletes. But they don't love the game they just happen to be good at it.

Think NFL runningback Ricky Williams. Heck I always got the feeling Anthony Bennet was that way. Good at it, never particularly loved the game though.

Agree, but motivation isn't a light switch. Can't be turned on and off. Either you're motivated to play or you aren't.

Can't be 10 or even 5 minutes into a game and think 'Oh crap we need to turn it on now'.

This isn't a defense of Kevin at all but an indictment of the players. Either you love and respect the game or you don't.

There are a lot of guys that are good even very good at a particular sport. Gifted athletes. But they don't love the game they just happen to be good at it.

Think NFL runningback Ricky Williams. Heck I always got the feeling Anthony Bennet was that way. Good at it, never particularly loved the game though.
Great post, Bull. Might I add though that What is an indictment against Kevin is that he should have called a timeout 3 minutes into the game. Not to mention a zone option would be good sometimes.
We protected against the back door by easing up on the shooters. Then the 2nd half we went out on the shooters to stop the 3 pt shooting and they back doored us to death. NO ADJUSTMENTS..at least none that worked and again no timeouts

I think there were a lot of us on the fence prior to the Air Force game, but after a bottom feeder absolutely destroyed UNLV, there is no way I can any longer support CKK. If he wins out, wins the conference, and goes to the NCAA, I could then support him, but does anyone believe that fairy tale while occur for a team that is lucky if they play two motivated games in a row?

Great post, Bull. Might I add though that What is an indictment against Kevin is that he should have called a timeout 3 minutes into the game. Not to mention a zone option would be good sometimes.
We protected against the back door by easing up on the shooters. Then the 2nd half we went out on the shooters to stop the 3 pt shooting and they back doored us to death. NO ADJUSTMENTS..at least none that worked and again no timeouts

Absolutely fair points.

Glad to hear that Gilbert is doing well there. He was a fouling and t/o machine here at the start of every game (it seemed).

Glad to see that Hall is doing well in his new destination. He wasn't producing consistently here (did come on at the end of the season, to a certain extent).

Maybe the players weren't the problem???

I know, that was too easy to hit CKK while he was down. Problem is, he's not doing a good job with his players overall and his Assistants are shouting out other schools and coaches on Twitter on game day. Maybe they know that the writing is on the wall.

Reactions: Takethat702
Glad to hear that Gilbert is doing well there. He was a fouling and t/o machine here at the start of every game (it seemed).

Glad to see that Hall is doing well in his new destination. He wasn't producing consistently here (did come on at the end of the season, to a certain extent).

Maybe the players weren't the problem???

I know, that was too easy to hit CKK while he was down. Problem is, he's not doing a good job with his players overall and his Assistants are shouting out other schools and coaches on Twitter on game day. Maybe they know that the writing is on the wall.
When did assistants shout out other coaches and schools?

I think there were a lot of us on the fence prior to the Air Force game, but after a bottom feeder absolutely destroyed UNLV, there is no way I can any longer support CKK. If he wins out, wins the conference, and goes to the NCAA, I could then support him, but does anyone believe that fairy tale while occur for a team that is lucky if they play two motivated games in a row?
Lame duck coach walking

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT