ADVERTISEMENT

Boone Brothers

unlove

Rebel Legend
Feb 24, 2004
First time I got to see them in a presser setting. Really enjoyed watching them (after CKK’s bland comments). They’re both articulate and come across as intelligent young men (who also like to have fun). Keylan talked about how he is still getting the feel of the team which may bode well for the rest of his season. Both also credited the coaches for the game plan against UNM so perhaps there’s hope yet with this staff.

Agree great presser for the Boone Brothers. I'm still in the CKK camp I know a lot of guys are jumping ship but if the players like him and the results start coming let's see.
One second I am on the fence, one second I support him, and the next second I want him gone. Still have hope that he can figure things out in a really tough MWC.

One second I am on the fence, one second I support him, and the next second I want him gone. Still have hope that he can figure things out in a really tough MWC.
Conference play

and consistent tough competition will clear up any confusion you are having.

It will become CRYSTAL CLEAR what side of the fence you are on very soon.

You do like winning Running Rebel teams correct ?

Even if he can get us to second or third place in the MWC (a herculean feat) I don't have faith in him. I don't believe he has enough coaching experience. I believe we would keep him with an NCAA appearance just for pain avoidance. Not because he is the coach we need for a consistent top 20 program like SDSU or even a program like Boise. I think he's more a 5th - 6th place coach with an NCAA appearance every 5 years. Guaranteed 3000 fan average.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
If CKK somehow wills the team to an NCAA at-large bid and we make it to the Sweet 16...maybe. I just don't see the consistent growth in this program that I'd like to see, just a lot of disappointment peppered by a few bright moments like the Creighton and New Mexico wins. Year 3 we should be looking at teams and potential brackets and how the NCAA will screw us with seeding. Not praying for a run in the conference tournament.

Noway do we get an at large this year. Only way we make it to the dance is by winning the tourney
My opinion that does not warrant keeping him. Have a mediocre year then get lucky for a few games at beginning of March. No still say get rid of him.
If he get to the tourney and gets to sweet 16 or beyond then maybe. Otherwise don't let the door hit you on the way out

Conference play

and consistent tough competition will clear up any confusion you are having.

It will become CRYSTAL CLEAR what side of the fence you are on very soon.

You do like winning Running Rebel teams correct ?
I would be more than happy if Kruger can turn things around. As a person I like him a lot and hope he can have success.

Noway do we get an at large this year. Only way we make it to the dance is by winning the tourney
My opinion that does not warrant keeping him. Have a mediocre year then get lucky for a few games at beginning of March. No still say get rid of him.
If he get to the tourney and gets to sweet 16 or beyond then maybe. Otherwise don't let the door hit you on the way out
I'm sorry but how do you fore a coach for making thr tournament for the first time in 11 years. Then making a sweet 16 then maybe retaining him?
Good lawd.
Last time we got to the sweet 16 was with Kevin as a player with a bona fide HOF coach at the helm. That accomplishment *might* be enough for a 4th year in his extremely affordable contract?
I get it. People never wanted Kevin. I know this is fireKrugerNet. But come on.
Creighton and UNM don't save his job. But if this team has a very good conference season and finished in the top 4 we would likely at least be a bubble team. Something we also haven't been in 11 years. That is not a fixable offense.
If that were to happen and attendance is still low what does that say? That rebel fans are terrible that they won't support a bubble team? Well in that case don't fire Kevin because whoever else you bring in will cost money that fans won't support. Honestly personally I think it would take a ridiculously name of a hire to bring back any sort of fans, and even then I don't think it will move the needle that much. So why fire the guy that wants to be here and is working on the cheap. A guy that has given you the best season in 11 years?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I’m the jinx, If I show up the Rebels lose.

If CKK gets this team to the Trny after having lost Hill for the season it means he and his staff did a very good job coaching… getting more out of bench guys, switching up the line-up, adding wrinkles to the offense and instilling a defend-on-every-trip attitude. I’ve been pretty critical of the current staff but if that transpires it would earn CKK another year, short of Harp having a fantastic replacement already secured and waiting.

Reactions: RRebel
Guys, it’s January, this is a worthless back and forth about if this and if that? Let’s see it happen then we can jump in with our thoughts and opinions but until this magical run takes place and this miracle of improvement in coaching happens it’s not worth it, life is far too short!

Reactions: Takethat702
We ABSOLUTELY can get an at large bid. The odds are long, but no worse that back-to-back snake eyes in craps and that happens all the time. We are currently 97th in NET rankings. What is really hurting us are the two quad 4 losses. There are only 2 teams in the NET top 100 with 2 quad 4 losses and we are 1 of them. That puts huge pressure on us to get quad 1 wins. Luckily, we are in a Conference with enough teams that are quad 1. First, everything will depend on winning nearly all our games against the bottom 4 teams. That HAS to happen. Drop even 2 of those and it makes it almost impossible to make up. Then we'll need at least 6 quad 1 wins ( we have 1 ) going into the MWC Tourney and we'll most likely need another quad 1 win in the Tourney. ( seven total ) We have @ 6 more shots at quad 1 wins ( hard to exactly predict because you can never be sure who gets hot and who tanks ) The next shot is USU on Sat. Think win out at home against the top 4 teams and only lose 1 away against them. As soon as we lose two more against our remaining quad 1 opponents we are pretty much toast.

We could know if an at large is impossible within the next two weeks. We won't know we're in until the very end of the season.

We ABSOLUTELY can get an at large bid. The odds are long, but no worse that back-to-back snake eyes in craps and that happens all the time. We are currently 97th in NET rankings. What is really hurting us are the two quad 4 losses. There are only 2 teams in the NET top 100 with 2 quad 4 losses and we are 1 of them. That puts huge pressure on us to get quad 1 wins. Luckily, we are in a Conference with enough teams that are quad 1. First, everything will depend on winning nearly all our games against the bottom 4 teams. That HAS to happen. Drop even 2 of those and it makes it almost impossible to make up. Then we'll need at least 6 quad 1 wins ( we have 1 ) going into the MWC Tourney and we'll most likely need another quad 1 win in the Tourney. ( seven total ) We have @ 6 more shots at quad 1 wins ( hard to exactly predict because you can never be sure who gets hot and who tanks ) The next shot is USU on Sat. Think win out at home against the top 4 teams and only lose 1 away against them. As soon as we lose two more against our remaining quad 1 opponents we are pretty much toast.

We could know if an at large is impossible within the next two weeks. We won't know we're in until the very end of the season.
Very optimistic outlook - I think Your Heart has paralyzed your eyes and any common sense you may have.

check back in a few weeks and if you still think we have a chance at an AT large BID.

Somebody has pulled the wool over your eyes if you think this team has a chance at an NCAA bid.

I’m the jinx, If I show up the Rebels lose.
There must be a lot of fans who are a jinx considering the size of the crowds!
Lonely Euro Cup GIF by UEFA

Very optimistic outlook - I think Your Heart has paralyzed your eyes and any common sense you may have.

check back in a few weeks and if you still think we have a chance at an AT large BID.

Somebody has pulled the wool over your eyes if you think this team has a chance at an NCAA bid.
It's what has to happen. Never said I think it will happen. A loss tomorrow makes it way harder. A win tomorrow only makes it slightly easier.

Omg, that was all ball on that swat and the guy faked that he was hurt.

Good job Rebels. Take advantage of a 5-4.

Rebels up!!