ADVERTISEMENT

Boise State vs UNLV Official Game Thread

What game were you watching? He shot 50% and was the team highest rebounder.
The same game you were. I'm talking about season averages. One good half does not make the kid an all star. I coach HS bball here locally and I've got kids on my team that can run circles around Mr. 4pts per every 15 minutes. His seasonal stats are abysmal.

• Love
Reactions: RebelScrub
The same game you were. I'm talking about season averages. One good half does not make the kid an all star. I coach HS bball here locally and I've got kids on my team that can run circles around Mr. 4pts per every 15 minutes. His seasonal stats are abysmal.
Gotta give him a little bit of credit, imo. No, he’s not great. I think he’s fine as a backup. And his past two games, he’s been good for the Rebels.

You aren’t going to build the type of team you want to have with him as a starter. In backup minutes? I think he’s fine.

Gotta give him a little bit of credit, imo. No, he’s not great. I think he’s fine as a backup. And his past two games, he’s been good for the Rebels.

You aren’t going to build the type of team you want to have with him as a starter. In backup minutes? I think he’s fine.
No. 4pts in a 15 minute average is horrible for a D1 college player. My practice squad is better than that. John Knoche was better than that.

• Haha
Yes. The small white guy who averages 4 points per game and plays a whole 15 min per. 4 points from 15 minutes as an average is a WASTE. It's like having 4 vs 5 on offense for 15 min. Smh.

Scrub, you and any other clown on here who went as hard as you did for Dave Rice on the old board, don't get to talk to me about basketball. You've proven to me years ago that your basketball iq is LOW. Only a fool thought Rice was good for this program. Don't think I forgot about you. You would argue with me about everything except Harney Sushi.

I put blame on the team where I see weakness and liability. That was Dave Rice then and it's Justin McCabe now.
Uhh, I wanted Dave Rice Fired. I also didn’t see the ramifications of what that meant to the program.

As a matter of fact, I texted Joe that Rice had to go..

I still feel bad to this day at what I felt for Dave. I maybe a f’n retard in life and on the boards.maybe I don’t know shit about putting a basketball into a 10 foot hoop. However, I stabbed Rice in the back like that.

I place a high price on loyalty. I am too loyal to a fault. It’s cost me some relationships, it’s gotten me fired at past jobs etc

The problem with Dave is that he NEVER recruited a decent PG. they all fell flat on their faces. You need a HIGH IQ distributor.

I promise you a guy like McGabe on a Dave Rice team would have done wonders. He can’t defend worth a shit because he’s too small, but he doesn’t turn the ball over too badly.

I was the only one bitching for Jorge Gutierrez.

Uhh, I wanted Dave Rice Fired. I also didn’t see the ramifications of what that meant to the program.

As a matter of fact, I texted Joe that Rice had to go..

I still feel bad to this day at what I felt for Dave. I maybe a f’n retard in life and on the boards.maybe I don’t know shit about putting a basketball into a 10 foot hoop. However, I stabbed Rice in the back like that.

I place a high price on loyalty. I am too loyal to a fault. It’s cost me some relationships, it’s gotten me fired at past jobs etc

The problem with Dave is that he NEVER recruited a decent PG. they all fell flat on their faces. You need a HIGH IQ distributor.

I promise you a guy like McGabe on a Dave Rice team would have done wonders. He can’t defend worth a shit because he’s too small, but he doesn’t turn the ball over too badly.

I was the only one bitching for Jorge Gutierrez.
Nahhhh. I remember your racist dog whistle rants. How Reggie Theus was 'bad' and 'negative' and he'd have the program under investigation. It was a joke because anyone with basketball brains could see that Theus can, would, and still will run circles around Rice.
You clowns wanted turn UNLV into BYU lite.

Matter of fact, lol, you should probably just root for them Provo boys and throw away your Scarlett and grey.

Boise went to their spots and waited for the pass. UNLV defense doubled on the baseline and then they passed it to open man, just like SDSU did and so will the rest of the league. Need taller guards in the game than Webster. He can shoot but long rebounds are not his forte. Boise is hot right now with their 3 point shooting but the lane was wide open.
or a zone .. we are kind of 1 dimensional with our man D and no good Zone to switch to

Nahhhh. I remember your racist dog whistle rants. How Reggie Theus was 'bad' and 'negative' and he'd have the program under investigation. It was a joke because anyone with basketball brains could see that Theus can, would, and still will run circles around Rice.
You clowns wanted turn UNLV into BYU lite.

Matter of fact, lol, you should probably just root for them Provo boys and throw away your Scarlett and grey.
Well, bring Reggie in if he has some coaching chops left.

Hindsight being 20/20.. Coach Rice didn’t control the ship and it burned him.

The players didn’t respect him. A lot of them have what shall I describe it as, “mental instabilities”??

I wanted Rice to return us to the glory years. I wanted to see an amoeba. (rice didn’t use) I wanted to see smothering D. None of that happened under his watch

What did we get? We got an Anthony Bennett with athsma issues, Savin Goodman robbing people for ps3 consoles, players banging boosters? Backup players smoking weed. Hell, not just weed, the synthetic weed. “Hey Uber driver, can you change the channel, the eagles suck”

Did I miss anything?

Rice even brought Cody Doolin and the panaca kid..and failed.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Rebel702
Well, bring Reggie in if he has some coaching chops left.

Hindsight being 20/20.. Coach Rice didn’t control the ship and it burned him.

The players didn’t respect him. A lot of them have what shall I describe it as, “mental instabilities”??

I wanted Rice to return us to the glory years. I wanted to see an amoeba. (rice didn’t use) I wanted to see smothering D. None of that happened under his watch

What did we get? We got an Anthony Bennett with athsma issues, Savin Goodman robbing people for ps3 consoles, players banging boosters? Backup players smoking weed. Hell, not just weed, the synthetic weed. “Hey Uber driver, can you change the channel, the eagles suck”

Did I miss anything?

Rice even brought Cody Doolin and the panaca kid..and failed.
Still ducking and dodging the racist accusations?

You're a smart 'nucca'

You should change your sig to "Making BYU relevant for locals."

• Love
Still ducking and dodging the racist accusations?

You're a smart 'nucca'

You should change your sig to "Making BYU relevant for locals."
Well..hindsight is a mother****er ain’t it? Maybe Reggie could have turned the ship around at the time.

We rolled the dice with Rice and failed.

Hell I’ll own up to it, I kinda am racist.
This is also why you can never be a true fan of this team. How can an admitted racist be a fan of black athletes? (Maybe you see them like racehorses or dogs?)

Regardless, I'm done wasting my time on you.

I know. No one talked about McCabe being white until YOU brought that up.

Look in the mirror before you decide to come after me for "picking on the poor white kid"
Jordan “old man” Mcgabe is 24 years old.

From what I have seen, his defense is atrocious. He has missed a lot of shots.

He has fantastic dribbling skills. He’s dead eye at the free throw line.

He offers stability on the team by holding the ball and “resetting” the offense. Do the weave at the top.etc. let the team regain composure after a missed shot.

What I like about him is that he actually TRIES. In my opinion, he needs to be more vocal. He’s a senior. He needs to be a little bit more “savy”.

Alas, he is NOT. He’s not athletic at all.

He like everyone on the UNLV basketball team are still kids. Maybe grown ass men in some cases. They put on a Rebel uniform to put a ball in a 10 foot hoop for themselves. They represent “the university”.

Don’t ever question me on being a “true fan” of the team. I have shown up for most of the games this year. I have bought season tickets for the first time in my life to BOTH the men AND women’s basketball team.

I’ll root for whoever I want. If a person sucks on the field or court, I will call it. Could be black white yellow etc.

I know. No one talked about McCabe being white until YOU brought that up.

Look in the mirror before you decide to come after me for "picking on the poor white kid"

Me calling the BSU fans a bunch of white nationalists..

Jordan “old man” Mcgabe is 24 years old.

From what I have seen, his defense is atrocious. He has missed a lot of shots.

He has fantastic dribbling skills. He’s dead eye at the free throw line.

He offers stability on the team by holding the ball and “resetting” the offense. Do the weave at the top.etc. let the team regain composure after a missed shot.

What I like about him is that he actually TRIES. In my opinion, he needs to be more vocal. He’s a senior. He needs to be a little bit more “savy”.

Alas, he is NOT. He’s not athletic at all.

He like everyone on the UNLV basketball team are still kids. Maybe grown ass men in some cases. They put on a Rebel uniform to put a ball in a 10 foot hoop for themselves. They represent “the university”.

Don’t ever question me on being a “true fan” of the team. I have shown up for most of the games this year. I have bought season tickets for the first time in my life to BOTH the men AND women’s basketball team.

I’ll root for whoever I want. If a person sucks on the field or court, I will call it. Could be black white yellow etc.
Ok BYU fan. Bye.

I can't be on here for half a day and this is what it turns in to? If we have a BYU fan in our midst, I'll insta-ban them. Actually, I'd rather do that to the UNR troll but then who else would we all unite against?

WE are all true UNLV fans on here. Who else would be dumb enough to devote our time to this University who tends to be a regular on bottom 10 lists in football and not making postseason tournaments in basketball?

Reactions: Trax0r and rebelzzz
No. Kevin James maybe, but NOT Knoche.
The problem I have, is he plays like he thinks he's John Stocton or Steve Nash. I wouldn't have a problem if he at least had double digit assists or shot like Joe Darger. I'm trying to figure out what he brings to this squad besides a decent ball handler.

I can't be on here for half a day and this is what it turns in to? If we have a BYU fan in our midst, I'll insta-ban them. Actually, I'd rather do that to the UNR troll but then who else would we all unite against?

WE are all true UNLV fans on here. Who else would be dumb enough to devote our time to this University who tends to be a regular on bottom 10 lists in football and not making postseason tournaments in basketball?
You'll insta ban a BYU fan, but not an admitted racist?

What does that say about this board? Hmmmmmm.

This is also why you can never be a true fan of this team. How can an admitted racist be a fan of black athletes? (Maybe you see them like racehorses or dogs?)

Regardless, I'm done wasting my time on you.
Straight out of the horse’s mouth.

YOUR WORDS..not mine.

It says to "Lighten up, Francis."
So this is a safe space for racists. Thanks for letting me know. Wont waste any more time here.

...and you guys wonder why the local talent doesn't stay here. I talk to my HS players about joining UNLV all the time and they just laugh. Cant blame them if the fans are racists that root for guys who cant score? Lol

Ban me if youre feeling petty but im out.

Last edited:
Lighten up Francis is a racist term?
I must be getting way to old. I have never heard that term and have no clue what it means or refers to.

Fire up, fire Kruger.com, pronto!
He keeps losing by 18..

You never know with such things. UNLV needs to whether the storm..

Nowell, Carl Jones and hot plate hall..

I hope these guys get more minutes somewhere.

So this is a safe space for racists. Thanks for letting me know. Wont waste any more time here.

...and you guys wonder why the local talent doesn't stay here. I talk to my HS players about joining UNLV all the time and they just laugh. Cant blame them if the fans are racists that root for guys who cant score? Lol

Ban me if youre feeling petty but im out.
You started by calling him a name (“BYU fan”) and now you’re trying to play a victim role by thinking that we will ban you. Honestly, we don’t care about you enough to ban you. Say whatever you want but expect to get disagreed with at times. I know that I love hearing differing views even if I disagree with the person. We each have a different perspective for how we view things. That’s what makes this board great (in my opinion).

As for racism, point out one racist thing that was said on here and we will act on it. Someone proclaiming that they are racists at times doesn’t mean that we will ban them. He’s said much dumber things (if you can believe that) and he’s been a mainstay here.

Please feel free to contribute more. We’d love more locals who know what the players think about our school.

Note - there’s also an ignore option. You can click on the person’s name and you’ll be able to find it.

Glad you’re here!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT