ADVERTISEMENT

Boise State vs UNLV Official Game Thread

Good battle so far. Boise has shooters and good d. We have good d and we are scrappy.

Welp..I went to get nachos and was stuffing my face as the rebels just mailed it in the second half. What happened was the refs called some fouls against the rebels and Boise St. capitalized by scoring continuously.

From what I saw, Boise St dribble penetrated and dished off inside.

Down 10..with 9:48 to go.

Rebels stopped the bleeding.

Shaver has been hobbled the whole game and no one was instructed to press up on Shaver as he takes the ball up the court.

Harkless' body language is terrible.

Why does McCabe shoot? I don't care what he does in warm ups or practice, when it matters,this kid is brick city 95% of the time.

Boise went to their spots and waited for the pass. UNLV defense doubled on the baseline and then they passed it to open man, just like SDSU did and so will the rest of the league. Need taller guards in the game than Webster. He can shoot but long rebounds are not his forte. Boise is hot right now with their 3 point shooting but the lane was wide open.

Boise went to their spots and waited for the pass. UNLV defense doubled on the baseline and then they passed it to open man, just like SDSU did and so will the rest of the league. Need taller guards in the game than Webster. He can shoot but long rebounds are not his forte. Boise is hot right now with their 3 point shooting but the lane was wide open.
That's where Elijah getting hurt hits hardest... Webster is the guy you stick in to get some shots up, a quick steal, etc... not 30 minutes a night face guarding 1 v 1 a guy 6 inches taller

This was to keep Kruger from the SEC right?

Lol
I think some guy named “Leon Rice” just stole coach Kev’s thunder..

Everyone look at the make up of the team. 4 midgets and a big guy. We don’t have a small forward. The guy with the busted knee who went G league. Could have used him. I was looking around and was like, we have no athletic 6-6/6-8 guy..the small forward. What exactly happened to this position under coach Kruger?

That's where Elijah getting hurt hits hardest... Webster is the guy you stick in to get some shots up, a quick steal, etc... not 30 minutes a night face guarding 1 v 1 a guy 6 inches taller
Webster needs more PT and he needs to shoot more. ( 5 more min a game) He needs plays designed to open him up for shots. He's the best shooter on the team. Harkless has taken 90 3-point shots and hits 25%. Webster hits 44.2 % and has only 52 attempts. It's backwards. Harkless should only shoot a three when the clock is below 10.

I think some guy named “Leon Rice” just stole coach Kev’s thunder..

Everyone look at the make up of the team. 4 midgets and a big guy. We don’t have a small forward. The guy with the busted knee who went G league. Could have used him. I was looking around and was like, we have no athletic 6-6/6-8 guy..the small forward. What exactly happened to this position under coach Kruger?
Rodiguez. But you are right that we are not tall enough. Losing Cotterll hurt. Muoka only being able to hit a shot from 5 feet or closer hurts.

I saw Boise play basically a complete game. Very well defending, hit a ton of threes (over 50 percent), hit a ton of looks (over 50 percent overall), passed extremely well, etc. Only slight knock was their free throw shooting.

They play like that and they are an easy deep tourney team. We played below ok and got run out of our own gym and ran into a buzzsaw. Learn from it and move on.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Rodiguez. But you are right that we are not tall enough. Losing Cotterll hurt. Muoka only being able to hit a shot from 5 feet or closer hurts.
He finally had an awful game. It happens..I still like the guy.

Gotta give credit to Leon Rice. That Dagenheart is a really good serviceable big guy. Also Shavers just killed us.

Dribble penetration/kick it out/extra pass..

At the game, they always play Bon Jovi’s “Living on a prayer” I made the Jumbotron stuffing my face full of nachos..

• Love
Reactions: UNLVbro
We are just not that good. We have heart and grit. That can win u some games , just not the important ones usually. Talent level is just not there for the big stage.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
He finally had an awful game. It happens..I still like the guy.

Gotta give credit to Leon Rice. That Dagenheart is a really good serviceable big guy. Also Shavers just killed us.

Dribble penetration/kick it out/extra pass..

At the game, they always play Bon Jovi’s “Living on a prayer” I made the Jumbotron stuffing my face full of nachos..
We have our own 6'7" 245 guy but he never sees the court.

I saw Boise play basically a complete game. Very well defending, hit a ton of threes (over 50 percent), hit a ton of looks (over 50 percent overall), passed extremely well, etc. Only slight knock was their free throw shooting.

They play like that and they are an easy deep tourney team. We played below ok and got run out of our own gym and ran into a buzzsaw. Learn from it and move on.
Yup..we are pretty much Leon Rice’s b*tch.
We are just not that good. We have heart and grit. That can win u some games , just not the important ones usually. Talent level is just not there for the big stage.
18 point loss at home on a Wednesday.. terrible shit sandwich to eat..

Uhh are we 1-3 to start out conference? Yiiikes.

At this point, just waiting on hot plate Hall confirmation.

When we lose by 18..blame the small white guy.
Yes. The small white guy who averages 4 points per game and plays a whole 15 min per. 4 points from 15 minutes as an average is a WASTE. It's like having 4 vs 5 on offense for 15 min. Smh.

Scrub, you and any other clown on here who went as hard as you did for Dave Rice on the old board, don't get to talk to me about basketball. You've proven to me years ago that your basketball iq is LOW. Only a fool thought Rice was good for this program. Don't think I forgot about you. You would argue with me about everything except Harney Sushi.

I put blame on the team where I see weakness and liability. That was Dave Rice then and it's Justin McCabe now.

• Love
Boise is a good team but not 20 points better than us, there is something wrong with that! This stinks, it wipes out last Saturday’s win and we are staring down the next 3-4 games as losses. I‘m tired of not being able to solve the MWC regular season issue, only to lose in the conference tournament in the 1st round. I wonder what our AD and President are saying/thinking this morning?

Last edited:
  • Love
Kevin needs to be brought in and told, figure this out or find somewhere else. I do not think he should be fired this season, only giving a coach two years especially following the shit shows of OTZ and Menzie isn't right. But I definitely think he should enter next season on the hot seat. I understand Parquet and Cottrell are both injured and that hurts the team but that is not an excuse for last nights embarrassment, or not having the team prepared for conference play due to playing a very crapy and easy ooc schedule. So you have the rest of this year and next year to fix it otherwise, goodbye.

• Love
Kevin needs to be brought in and told, figure this out or find somewhere else. I do not think he should be fired this season, only giving a coach two years especially following the shit shows of OTZ and Menzie isn't right. But I definitely think he should enter next season on the hot seat. I understand Parquet and Cottrell are both injured and that hurts the team but that is not an excuse for last nights embarrassment, or not having the team prepared for conference play due to playing a very crapy and easy ooc schedule. So you have the rest of this year and next year to fix it otherwise, goodbye.
The out of conference schedule was not as bad as it first seemed. Dayton was top 25 when we played them. Wash St beat Ariz and almost beat Ucla. San Fran killed Ariz St and almost beat Gonzaga. Minnesota is a P5 win. And Southern Miss was not bad. Heck, even High Point had some ballers on their team. Not saying it was the greatest but it was sneaky tough. Look at New Mex and Reno schedule if you want to compare.

Reactions: Trax0r and billd99s
We beat two ranked teams...we can't be that bad
They were ranked. IT all about matchups. Well rounded teams is where we have issues. Most Top 25 teams are well rounded. It easier to defend against 2 above average scorers vs 4-5 good scorers. Cant defend everyone. EP injury hurt. We are lacking just overall talent and depth especially at a couple positions. How many of our guys would get minutes on lets say Arkansas ?? i say 3-4 at the most. With most coming off the bench. We have heart and grit and that alone has gotten us past some of these teams. Talent was secondary. IMO

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT