ADVERTISEMENT

Alex Olesinski (recruit) and Marek Olesinski (AF opponent)

BleedRebelRed90

All American
Oct 10, 2013
Earlier this week UNLV offered class of 2015 PF Alex Olesinski, who according to the linked article is one of the top 5 unsigned power forwards in this senior class.

Thursday Geoff Grammer of the Albuquerque Journal confirmed to me that he is in fact the younger brother of Air Force's Marek Olesinski, who is this week's MWC player of the week due to his play in Air Force's wins over the Lobos and Wyo last week. Marek is a senior and he'll be wearing 0 tomorrow.

The Olesinski brothers both played high school ball in Roswell, NM, but this year Alex is playing his senior year in Indiana. UNM is interested in him. Along with UNLV, he has offers from others including ASU & UCLA, but his recruitment appears wide open and he hasn't taken any visits yet.

Of the five PF's mentioned in that article, UNLV has pursued three. Ivan Rabb dropped the Rebels from his list when he trimmed it last year. I recall that Andre Adams was recruited by UNLV in the 2014 class when he was a senior in Phoenix, but then he decided to reclassify and prep for a year at IMG Academy in Florida. He dropped off the radar and now I see why - he was injured last fall.

Top 5 available senior PF's

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT