ADVERTISEMENT

49ers will use Fertitta complex for SB practices.

Can I sneak into Fertitta and film..nah I’m sure security will be making sure no one gets plays leaked to the other team.

49ers complaining about practicing outdoors in the rain.

Why not just practice at Allegiant.

Bunch of crybabys... been trying to claim the underdog mantle this entire postseason so this is just another part of that narrative...

Bunch of crybabys... been trying to claim the underdog mantle this entire postseason so this is just another part of that narrative...

They are known as the 40 WHINERS for a reason! Lol

images

Last edited:
Putting sod over a field turf just sounds like a terrible idea. So I understand the concern.
The Texans used to bring in a sod patchwork field for their games, but they switched to filed turf since it was so awful. And that field was not placed over a field turf either.

I can see the issue they’d have….truly…BUT

They’re the 49ers and are ALREADY coming up with excuses as to why they lost the Super Bowl game

“They got to practice at an nfl stadium and we got a little college”

“Our terf was soft on our sensitive feet”

“The sun was in our eyes”

“We are all menstruating”

I can see the issue they’d have….truly…BUT

They’re the 49ers and are ALREADY coming up with excuses as to why they lost the Super Bowl game

“They got to practice at an nfl stadium and we got a little college”

“Our terf was soft on our sensitive feet”

“The sun was in our eyes”

“We are all menstruating”

The gripe I think with a lot of people is its being portrayed as a UNLV facility issue.

The NFL laid sod over the turf.

That's on the NFL.

It makes UNLV look like it has garbage facilities which we know isn't the case.

BTW- Having UNLV coming off its best year in like 20+ with a very positive outlook towards next year and hosting SuperBowl teams and events/media is going to pay huge dividends over the next few recruiting cycles in my opinion... you've got guys telling players that our facilities are on par with Oregon, you get free press of how great our facility is in comparison to other big schools, and interviews with Odom on the success he's bringing here, etc...

BTW- Having UNLV coming off its best year in like 20+ with a very positive outlook towards next year and hosting SuperBowl teams and events/media is going to pay huge dividends over the next few recruiting cycles in my opinion... you've got guys telling players that our facilities are on par with Oregon, you get free press of how great our facility is in comparison to other big schools, and interviews with Odom on the success he's bringing here, etc...
These facilities aren’t good enough for NFL teams though..

These facilities aren’t good enough for NFL teams though..
I think that has a lot more to do with the continuous rain on a temporary field that was installed by the NFL, not based on the UNLV facilities. The only complaints that I have seen have been in regards to the field not any of the other facilities.

Last year, players from the Philadelphia Eagles and Chiefs were critical of the condition of the field being too slippery for Super Bowl LVII at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Ariz. Both teams struggled to find their footing in that game, leading some players to change their cleats.

Reactions: j. spilotro
Better reviews now that practice actually started. From LV Sun:

Either way, the tide began to turn once the players actually got a chance to check out the facilities for themselves. After a walk-through on Monday and a practice on Tuesday, the 49ers had nothing but good things to say about UNLV’s on-campus home.

“They’re great,” offensive lineman and UCLA alum Jake Brendel said of the facilities. “That’s the largest locker room I’ve ever seen in college. It’s been good.”

The two-story Fertitta Football complex took three years to build. It measures 73,000 square feet, with a 10,000-square-foot weight room and an expansive locker room that comfortably fits 112 lockers.

Defensive back Taushaun Gipson, a 12-year NFL veteran, said it wasn’t the UNLV he remembered from his college days at Wyoming.

“I’m shocked, because they’re in the Mountain West,” Gipson said with a smile. “I’m shocked the locker room is that nice. We’ve got to do better at Wyoming. The fields are the fields, but the weight room and everything is pretty decent, honestly.”

Third-year defensive back Deommodore Lenoir knows his way around elite facilities, as he spent his college career at Oregon, and he said UNLV stacked up nicely.

“UNLV, I love their locker room,” Lenoir said. “It reminds me of Oregon’s. The whole setup was exactly how ours was. The facilities are just like Oregon’s, too.”

The complex boasts coaches’ offices on the second floor, 2,500 square feet of kitchen space, three hydrotherapy tubs and a players’ lounge with multiple big-screen televisions and gaming systems.

Oh, and there’s a barbershop, too.

As the rainy weather subsides further throughout the week, UNLV’s reputation will rebound with it.

Defensive lineman Chase Young played at Ohio State, one of the best-funded football programs in the nation, and he had the final word on the situation.

“It’s real good,” Young said. “We’ve got the tubs for pre-practice, nice locker room. Definitely it’s a tip-top facility.”

Either way, the tide began to turn once the players actually got a chance to check out the facilities for themselves. After a walk-through on Monday and a practice on Tuesday, the 49ers had nothing but good things to say about UNLV’s on-campus home.

“They’re great,” offensive lineman and UCLA alum Jake Brendel said of the facilities. “That’s the largest locker room I’ve ever seen in college. It’s been good.”

The two-story Fertitta Football complex took three years to build. It measures 73,000 square feet, with a 10,000-square-foot weight room and an expansive locker room that comfortably fits 112 lockers.

Defensive back Taushaun Gipson, a 12-year NFL veteran, said it wasn’t the UNLV he remembered from his college days at Wyoming.

“I’m shocked, because they’re in the Mountain West,” Gipson said with a smile. “I’m shocked the locker room is that nice. We’ve got to do better at Wyoming. The fields are the fields, but the weight room and everything is pretty decent, honestly.”

Third-year defensive back Deommodore Lenoir knows his way around elite facilities, as he spent his college career at Oregon, and he said UNLV stacked up nicely.

“UNLV, I love their locker room,” Lenoir said. “It reminds me of Oregon’s. The whole setup was exactly how ours was. The facilities are just like Oregon’s, too.”

The complex boasts coaches’ offices on the second floor, 2,500 square feet of kitchen space, three hydrotherapy tubs and a players’ lounge with multiple big-screen televisions and gaming systems.

As the rainy weather subsides further throughout the week, UNLV’s reputation will rebound with it.

Defensive lineman Chase Young played at Ohio State, one of the best-funded football programs in the nation, and he had the final word on the situation.

“It’s real good,” Young said. “We’ve got the tubs for pre-practice, nice locker room. Definitely it’s a tip-top facility.”
Free publicity is the best kind they make...

Unfortunately these quotes are very unlikely to be headlines. The first negative ones definitely were and hopefully weren't too damning.

Unfortunately these quotes are very unlikely to be headlines. The first negative ones definitely were and hopefully weren't too damning.
Unless it was on Tik Tok or Snapchat we likely don’t have to worry about the initial bad headlines.

I’m out of state now in TX and I’ve heard early on the negative fact of practice field, but I’ve also quickly heard it was understood to be the NFLs cause.
Really like that the SUN did the positive notes from NFL players in the complex - and how positive they are with it, but not seeing that nationally.

Vegas respect- it would be nice if SF management and HC make a general statement of the quality in UNLV facilities… tell the national press to ask the players… like the SUN did. - good or bad, ok, it’s from the players!

I know it’s their ‘first time in town’, it would be good for them to know how far some valley respect could treat you ‘down the line…. That’s what I’m looking for.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
It was but they were pretty clear it was the top sod that the NFL added that was the problem. Who knows they may not watch ESPN either.
True, but the headline in all caps highlighted in red was 49'ERS NOT HAPPY WITH UNLV PRACTICE FACILITY.

It's poor reporting, headline click bait material that unfairly paints UNLV in the bad light.

It should have been NFL FORCES USE OF SOD ON FIELD TURF IN RAINY CONDITIONS which is the truth of the matter. But they can't make the shield angry can they.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT