ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Schedule is released

rebelbuck

Retired Number
Aug 14, 2007
Times, TV will be coming in the next few weeks. early 3rd week bye but there are some wins on this schedule and as we have see the last few years some toss-up games.

Sept. 2 : Howard - Should be a nice big win to start the season- Want to see the defense create turnovers and create pressure.

Sept. 9: at Idaho- Revenge game that if we can win will be nice momentum heading into early bye.

Sept. 16: BYE WEEK

Sept. 23: at Ohio State- Nothing to see here. LIke the Michigan game 2 years ago, I hope to see a team that makes some plays and competes.

Sept. 30: vs. San Jose State*- Last 2 years we have lost 1 possession games, I think we get them this year, as they lost the QB who had our # and will be breaking in a new coach.

Oct. 7: vs. San Diego State*- The post Pumphrey era begins, but they will still be very solid on Defense and have a very solid running game. Being at home helps but a very tough opponent.

Oct. 14: at Air Force*- Lose a lot of seniors. Getting them this early helps as weather shouldnt be a factor.

Oct. 21: Utah State*- Struggled this past year but will be tough team. Home game we have a chance of winning.

Oct. 28: at Fresno State*- New Staff at Fresno, solid recruiting class but will that be enough to turn around a 1 win team.

Nov. 4: vs. Hawai'i*- We have their # last 2 years. I think we can make it 3 in a row.

Nov. 11: vs. BYU- Fist season in a decade Taysom Hill will not be the starting QB week 1. How much motivation will they have if the losses have piled up for them.

Nov. 18: at New Mexico*- Coming of a very good year but lose some standouts on offense/Defense. Like Air Force , tough offense to prepare for.

Nov. 25: at UNR*- Another new coach, scheme. We owe them one big time after last season's debacle.

I m worried for that cannon game, hoping they didn't find another Kaepernick type in that QB David Cornwell ( 6'5 228) from Alabama.

I think we can beat Reno to end the season. We have won our last 2 trips there and I dont think Sanchez will have to find much motivation for our team to exact some revenge. I also just cant type an L next to that game, its not in my DNA.

@ Air Force and @ UNM are interesting games. Both teams are coming off solid years but are replacing plenty of solid performers on both sides of the ball.

The secondary needs to be solid against UNR. That game will become more clear in the fall, as starting DB's emerge. Don't think we lose to AF, they got hit hard with graduation and the weather as said shouldn't be a factor. I 'll be attending the Howard and Hawaii game for sure this year. Hawaii at our place is a ball and I usually end on their side in the middle of a sea of Aloha's

Last year, UNLV's 9th game without a week off was at San Jose State (one of our worst losses of the year) was followed by a bye week and then the Wyoming win. Didn't think the sehedule could get any lousier until this year's schedule came out: week 3 bye followed by 10 straight games. Ridiculious. Lets just hope UNLV gets a real A.D. so this stuff won't happen again. The last game of the year at reno, is our 10th game in 10 weeks.

I like the schedule financially.

Getting football closer to breaking even on the ledger is huge for the entire athletic program.

Hopefully we get enough early wins and momentum to get more folks out at Sam Boyd. A body bag paycheck game at Ohio State certainly helps, Hawaii and BYU usually draws some good crowds (especially BYU).

Now is the time Rebel fans! Butts in the seats! Maybe, *gasp* a minor home field advantage!

Reactions: mvvsmith
Thanks for the nice work Rebelbuck.

A third week bye is simply AD malfeasance.

Getting into a Bowl game would be an excellent achievement for this team and it would definitely help with prep for the 2018 season and with recruiting.

Somebody probably thought, with a bye the week before, we'd have a better chance to beat The OSU. I'd rather have it the week after to get healthy again! Of course around weeks 6-8 would be optimum.

I really have no idea how the bye weeks are worked out but I am sure a late non-con game against BYU doesn't help with that either.

Hopefully we are 2-1 heading into the SJSU game at home.

Not ideal, but flipping the bye week and Ohio State would be nice. Probably going to be pretty banged up after that game, and the extra week of prep leading in to it won't probably do much good.

Not ideal, but flipping the bye week and Ohio State would be nice. Probably going to be pretty banged up after that game, and the extra week of prep leading in to it won't probably do much good.
I was being facetious about the extra prep week for OSU, while taking a bit of a swipe at our know-nothing AD. No, the name of the game versus the Buckeyes isn't victory, it's survival. Now, as both teams' colors are scarlet and gray, if their QB continually mistakes our DBs for his receivers, anything can happen!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT