ADVERTISEMENT

Yap

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
I've watched several of his games this year. Here's what I've seen.

Physicality. Listed as 6'4". He is all of that, and perhaps 6'5". Has a very slight build. Thin legs and arms. Has what appears to be excellent foot speed and quickness. Very quick to run the floor.

Skills. Can go both ways on his drive. Has very good handles. ( not unusual to see him penetrate through an entire field of 5 opponents). Splits point duties with another guard. Has the ability to dribble coast to coast at nearly full speed. Vision is good. ( Makes good passes and is quick to find an open teammate.) Stays with his man defensively. Doesn't dominate the boards but rebounds well.

Shooting. Early on I thought he was a wizard as everything he took was going in. Has come back to earth in his past two games as he has been double-teamed. Can make the High School three at a decent rate. A little wild on his drives and he tends to pick up offensive fouls ( I think it's because his team depends on his scoring and he knows it) but the best part of his game is getting to the rim. Good foul shooter.

As a comparison, I followed Woodbury throughout his junior year. ( Remember, Woodbury was a four star in some rating services) Yap is off the charts better. Better shooting, speed , handles and defense. Some will scoff at comparing anyone to Woodbury but he is doing relatively well and starting at Utah Valley State. Played the entire game at Kentucky ( lost by 8) and scored 17. As things have worked out, we could have used him this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News