ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming (-16.5) @ UNLV 1:00 PM FS1

RebNReno

NBA Draft Pick
Oct 17, 2015
Friday day game today. Once again the Rebels are a huge underdog. Historically Wyoming in Vegas has been one of our better MWC matchups. Wyoming has had their last 2 games cancelled. Not sure what to expect today but I’d like to see more of Justin Rogers and see what we have for next year.

Well that was too quick and too easy. Terrible start. 7-0 Wyoming already :58 seconds into the game.

Well that was too quick and too easy. Terrible start. 7-0 Wyoming already :58 seconds into the game.

Yeah, UNLV is definitely the Detroit Lions of College football! SMFH And CMA is looking like Krusty P errr...... Matt Patricia the Clown!!

Heading back to UNC vs ND. UNLV will not step on Wyo’s 35 yd line today. Terrible!

Arroyo needs to return half of that $1.2 million a year he is getting paid this year.

Even at an F up year like this year. The football god’s just couldn’t throw UNLV a bone. A surprise 4 - 0 start. But yet even at a year like this garbage is what we get out of UNLV.

Even at an F up year like this year. The football god’s just couldn’t throw UNLV a bone. A surprise 4 - 0 start. But yet even at a year like this garbage is what we get out of UNLV.

Lol, The Only reason we are Not going 0-8 this season is because the CSU game was Cancelled last week. But 0-7 is looking like a real possibility if we continue playing like garbage!

Last edited:
What college athletic program in the country is in worse shape than the Rebels.
No wins, No leadership, no money, no one cares....other than that things look peachy.
It’s pretty much embarrassing at this point.

This is what you get when you fire your coaches every 3 or 4 years and bring in bottom basement replacements at bottom dollar. That the heck do you expect?
There’s 17 posts on a game day tread...absolutely embarrassing

Reactions: j. spilotro
14 of the posts aren’t even about the game. Glad the 2 freshmen LB’s got to play & it was good to see Magyar get in there. He had a great block that took out 2 guys on Blumfields TD.

Even Oregon State can pull off an upset like Oregon today here and there. UNLV get’s worst year after year.

UNLV Football is and has been so bad over the last 10 years. Even when starting a Football program from nothing in 2010-11 UTSA has a better record. SMDFH

Including this year ( )

UNLV 38-84 (0-5)
UTSA 52-65 (7-4)

P.S. I hear Krusty P errrr. Matt Patricia the Clown is available! 🤣

I'm not so sure bUNLV has a coaching problem as much as a player problem: The players are simply not executing. You can't put that on a coach. It's been happening since I've been following the Rebs when Hauck was here. Why is it a successful coach elsewhere comes here and becomes a loser? Hauck lost to one team and barely beat another Big Sky Conference team (FCS), when at MT, he routinely beat them soundly. Sanchez successful on the HS level, hired on that success, and still couldn't win. Same now w/ Arroyo. He coached on a high powered Pac12 team as an assistant, so dummy, him.

No, I think it's the players, and I don't know why.

I'm not so sure bUNLV has a coaching problem as much as a player problem: The players are simply not executing. You can't put that on a coach. It's been happening since I've been following the Rebs when Hauck was here. Why is it a successful coach elsewhere comes here and becomes a loser? Hauck lost to one team and barely beat another Big Sky Conference team (FCS), when at MT, he routinely beat them soundly. Sanchez successful on the HS level, hired on that success, and still couldn't win. Same now w/ Arroyo. He coached on a high powered Pac12 team as an assistant, so dummy, him.

That would be on the Coaches for Talent evaluation or lack thereof! The one thing you can Not blame it on anymore would be the locker rooms or investment in facilities.

• Haha
Reactions: khokhol8
I wish the Chargers moved here instead of these Raiders. We just rolled bad carpet on top of bad carpet Raiders/Rebels. Garbage!

Reactions: RebelScrub

One thing that has been a common thread - UNLV has a poor culture and it’s carried through the ages. I think JRob, by far, had the best culture, which makes sense given his experience. We can blame locker rooms, facilities, players, coaches .... not saying those aren’t a part of the issues. But the common thread is just a poor culture and quite honestly, poor support from admin and fans.

... guess what? Hoops is similar. What culture there was, what the program tried to rely upon, ride coattails (reputation and history under Tark) evaporated and we had no real identity. Fan support was much better than football, but admin support has always been lax. Kruger had a bit of culture, but it’s to maintain completely with the day and age of constant transfers, one year players, etc. He did the best with it, but it was still far from optimal.

We want to be “big time” in our sports. It starts with support and culture and then goes from there. It’s been weak.

Liberty University has a better Football and Basketball team than UNLV.
Can't speak for football but hugh freeze makes 3x Arroyo salary. Deservedly so. He's done a ton with that program.

But he also has admin support and has from day one.

Can't speak for football but hugh freeze makes 3x Arroyo salary. Deservedly so. He's done a ton with that program.

But he also has admin support and has from day one.

Freeze was making less than Arroyo when Liberty first hired him. He has earned himself 2 raises in 2 years and his latest raise still won’t be enough to keep an SEC team from eventually stealing him.
UNLV is paying enough to have a good coach. Maybe we couldn’t afford keep him for long but we could have had a Freeze type hire.

Freeze was making less than Arroyo when Liberty first hired him. He has earned himself 2 raises in 2 years and his latest raise still won’t be enough to keep an SEC team from eventually stealing him.
UNLV is paying enough to have a good coach. Maybe we couldn’t afford keep him for long but we could have had a Freeze type hire.
This is only his second year there. I was unable to find terms of his 2019 offseason and season.. following 2019 season he was reportedly given the $2m/yr contract. Then thr recent one. I doubt he was making $1m and they gave him 2 after a decent first year.

Let's not also forget that this is a significant discount for the caliber of his resume. He has some ncaa violations AND institutional issues under his belt. There aren't a lot of guys out there with his experience that would even consider UNLV. In fact, there's potential for him to be the only one. And our AD wouldn't have even considered it i assume... so maybe there's the issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT