ADVERTISEMENT

WR Steve Jenkins transferring out

LocoRebel

Retired Number
Apr 7, 2011
The 2nd WR to do this, we had a key guy who was a WR last year transfer under weird circumstance! You can’t keep losing key guys in the off season if you are ever going to build momentum and raise the level of the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: bcvegaspt
I wasn't all that upset about most of the portal transfers outside of Widmon. Majority were guys that weren't playing much.

Adding your top WR to the list definitely stings.

The MSU transfer better be able to at minimum replicate his production.

I am guessing he didn't want to wait around and see if UNLV improves this next season? Without question 2022 is a do or die season for the program. A winning program or 5-7 or better with a win over unr is a must!

I liked Jenkins but, not as much as some. I'll always love his Reno catch in OT. I think there is plenty of talent young and old at the WR and TE position to have a productive offense. I still think it comes down to the O-line and QB. I believe we'll be ok.

Grimes was the other WR who transfered out under weird circumstances a few years back. I remember at one time Grimes and Jenkins were the future of the UNLV receiving corp. We will see how this plays out.

Grimes was the other WR who transfered out under weird circumstances a few years back. I remember at one time Grimes and Jenkins were the future of the UNLV receiving corp. We will see how this plays out.

Grimes went Southern Utah? Weber State? I forget.

I remember he didn't do much.

I'm thinking there was a fair amount of knuckleheadedness there.

Reactions: dcut03
Losing Jenkins does stink, but I'm not sure how much of an impact that will make. Sure he was a good player which may have lead all WR's in numbers last year, but I always though of him as a #2 to Kyle Williams.

Add in the MSU transfer, and apparently some JUCOs, I think UNLV will be alright at the position.

Reactions: reagan21
It sucks, but it’s not the end of the world. Also, Grimes did go to Weber. There’s a reason he’s at Weber. Dude has been a head case since HS.

I'm not sure there were any tears shed when he left.

Weber St has been a pretty solid program the last few years but it's still FCS.

Follow the trajectory of schools he's transferred....

It went in the wrong direction..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT