ADVERTISEMENT

who to keep an eye on?

LAmarzBARS

6th man
Nov 14, 2018
I know 3 players on the current roster. Coleman, Diong, and Hamilton. Who of the new comers are most likely to have a high impact? Any freshman look promising?

I agree with what is stated above both Jenkins and Blake will make impacts on the team, but I have seen Brown play a few times and I think he is going to surprise allot of people and will end up being a very good player for us and will make some noise this year.

It should be fun with all of the "good shooters" this year. Looking forward to seeing Jenkins and Wood knock down some 3's.

I don’t think we will get a season and who knows what happens then with people transferring out as they might get poached by Power 5 schools.

I've always looked forward to each season, but in recent history, none more than this year. Both in Bball and Football. Frigging China!!!

Reactions: RebelScrub
I know 3 players on the current roster. Coleman, Diong, and Hamilton. Who of the new comers are most likely to have a high impact? Any freshman look promising?
I think it is going to vary from game to game depending on the oppositions defense and who they are keying on but my general thought is it will be who can get to an open spot and knock down shots when Bryce Hamilton breaks down the defense with his dribble penetration. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be the man that makes things happen offensively whether he is taking the shot or someone else is. No doubt that Jenkins is a great shooter but he is not physically gifted otherwise and might have a little trouble at this level getting his own shot. I may be in the minority but I think Yap could contribute big time with his ridiculous 3 pt range.

while he wont be a star im looking forward to seeing the italian pf Del Cadia. i think he fits the system very well and will translate into a better game to watch. in the system there will always be high turnovers from bigs but Del Cadia will be much better than Tillman. he has a nice BB iq and a passion for the game.

Reactions: TimothyC3
I think it is going to vary from game to game depending on the oppositions defense and who they are keying on but my general thought is it will be who can get to an open spot and knock down shots when Bryce Hamilton breaks down the defense with his dribble penetration. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be the man that makes things happen offensively whether he is taking the shot or someone else is. No doubt that Jenkins is a great shooter but he is not physically gifted otherwise and might have a little trouble at this level getting his own shot. I may be in the minority but I think Yap could contribute big time with his ridiculous 3 pt range.
Why do think Jenkins is stepping up in competition ?? You say "at this level" (predicted he won't be able to get his shot off...lmao). Jenkins played way tougher competition during his years at SDSU than UNLV and Menzies played during the same two years ??

Jenkins will be fine, maybe a bit of rust to start due to lay off but he is a top talent in the country and will do very well.
I'd be more surprised at Yap heavily contributing than I would if he redshirts.

And Jenkins will be fine. Not having size, not being physically gifted.... Hell, Jojo was able to go off for the Rebels having neither of those. Jenkins will be better than Jojo easily, IMO.

Reactions: rebelwithacause
Why do think Jenkins is stepping up in competition ?? You say "at this level" (predicted he won't be able to get his shot off...lmao). Jenkins played way tougher competition during his years at SDSU than UNLV and Menzies played during the same two years ??

Memphis is athletic as any team in the MWC. 35 on the road:

32 pts in a 13 point win over Colorado State. David Jenkins Jr will do fine in the MWC.

time will tell but i feel that jenkins and bham are both focused and highly competitive players . they formed a bound a long with coleman . adding blake and del cadio into the mix will have a very solid core of players. grill will add depth and mbake can hold his own. i hope the odd season doesnt take away from what i feel is a tourney team.

Reactions: billd99s
time will tell but i feel that jenkins and bham are both focused and highly competitive players . they formed a bound a long with coleman . adding blake and del cadio into the mix will have a very solid core of players. grill will add depth and mbake can hold his own. i hope the odd season doesnt take away from what i feel is a tourney team.

I feel the exact same way. 💯

I will add. I feel Moses Wood will play well in TJ’s system and will be a surprise piece.
i hear a lot of good things about Wood from people on the board and around the program but i will have to wait and see. nothing compares to on court minutes so time will tell what the better fit is he or del cadio or maybe both on at different times.

think the true person to keep an eye on will be the staff. to see if they can continue to develop players to adapt the sytem to what they have and to hold their focus during what will seem to be an abnormal year.

really like what im hear they are trying to do for the season

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT