ADVERTISEMENT

When do we expect tv announcements?

LocoRebel

Retired Number
Apr 7, 2011
I always anticipate the TV schedule announcements, even moreso now where I assume our games, at least the home ones, might be given a bit of priority.

Certainly it has to be any time now?

Reactions: j. spilotro
Rumor from Boise State is it will be on Thursday. I’m usually very excited about it to but I think I need to lower my expectations. Everyone picked us to finish in last place this year so I doubt the networks are too excited about us. We do have Boise, WYO, SDSU, UNR and all of them are expected to be good. Maybe we can get a game moved to the Friday night TV slot too.

Reactions: RebelScrub
This year everyone has us last, including the national rags which have us in the 120's nationally. I think we have reason for optimism year. Not optimism to compete for the league, but optimism to be at least near the top of the programs who cleaned house since last year. It was time for new blood on Maryland Pkwy, and we got it. That, along with the new facilities, gives us the freshest of starts. The pundits know they can't go wrong picking us last. When we don't finish there, they'll all just look at each other, shrug, and say, "who knew?"

Rumor from Boise State is it will be on Thursday. I’m usually very excited about it to but I think I need to lower my expectations. Everyone picked us to finish in last place this year so I doubt the networks are too excited about us. We do have Boise, WYO, SDSU, UNR and all of them are expected to be good. Maybe we can get a game moved to the Friday night TV slot too.

Exactly, given that UNLV is expected to finish last there will be zero priority given to a UNLV game. Like we seem to do every few years when the new staff comes in, I guess just hope to win some that they arent expected to win.

I think cbs sports and nbc sports will like the idea of paying much less than nfl prices access to the games in that stadium. Yall are right that because of perception that the team will finish in the bottom few, we might be a stretch to give good access to timeslots...

Buuut I assume we end up with at least one home weeknight (thurs/fri) game.

Fingers cross that boise rumors come true. I didnt bother to see what the timeline was between any other updated schedule and tv announcement... but given that we are mwc, no real or accurate comparison will exist :)

Those networks don't care where the game is played, they care about viewers. UNLV playing in a NFL stadium won't bring any more TV viewers to those two networks than if they were playing in SBS.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Also keep in mind this is the first year under our new TV contract. It will be interesting to see what games FOX selects and who they put into those Friday night slots.
I’m worried with us being preseason last place that multiple games will end up on this CBS All Access Streaming Network thing. I mean, I guess it’s good we’d be able to see the games but I’d rather not have to pay for some obscure streaming service I’ll never use besides the Rebel games.

Last edited:
Reactions: LocoRebel
Those networks don't care where the game is played, they care about viewers. UNLV playing in a NFL stadium won't bring any more TV viewers to those two networks than if they were playing in SBS.
There isn't a team in conference that moves numbers aside from Boise State. So maybe we really *should* disband sports in the MWC :)

Point is, if nobody moves the needle, they will want to be in the best location.

Also keep in mind this is the first year under our new TV contract. It will be interesting to see what games FOX selects and who they put into those Friday night slots.
I’m worried with us being preseason last place that multiple games will end up on this CBS All Access Streaming Network thing. I mean, I guess it’s good we’d be able to see the games but I’d rather not have to pay for some obscure streaming service I’ll never use besides the Rebel games.
Oh! I meant Fox Sports, not NBC Sports. My fault. I'd be willing to pay for two months of a service I don't really want if it meant I could watch all 8 games... I just don't want them to end up on CBS Sports (I have no access to that at all except nefarious means).

6 years of that contract... I'm interested in what kind of treatment MWC gets and how jerked around conference and its schools will be in that time. I just want them to get some freaking day time home games in football in the coming years, now that they aren't in open air.

Get yourself a Firestick. Just sayin.

Reactions: LocoRebel
Get yourself a Firestick. Just sayin.
Thanks for bringing this up.

I am seriously thinking about cutting the cord, and the only reason I haven't yet is because of sports. Does the MWC now have a deal with Fox and CBS, or just Fox. Is ESPN completely out of the picture now? Or can they still pick up games?

With these streaming only deals, is there still a way to DVR, or are the games archived?

Serious question. What has unlv done for you personally to want to spend money and time towards the university?

Thanks for bringing this up.

I am seriously thinking about cutting the cord, and the only reason I haven't yet is because of sports. Does the MWC now have a deal with Fox and CBS, or just Fox. Is ESPN completely out of the picture now? Or can they still pick up games?

With these streaming only deals, is there still a way to DVR, or are the games archived?
just fox and cbs sports. https://www.9news.com/article/sport...ports/73-f3f71c99-787d-4073-9a57-134bdfea02fe

Reactions: dcut03
It’s Unlv. Get your shit together and give a reason for u Lv should be cheered for

Really it’s pretty dang good coverage for UNLV with 7 games on TV. I imagine most of our Saturday FOX games will be put on FS2. They did move 2 games (Boise, WYO) to Friday nights as well.

Reactions: RebelMan5000
I currently have cable for TV and internet. I am moving, thinking about cutting the cord there, getting Fiber internet and hulu + live TV for the sports. Anyone have experience with Fiber and/or Hulu + live TV?

I currently have cable for TV and internet. I am moving, thinking about cutting the cord there, getting Fiber internet and hulu + live TV for the sports. Anyone have experience with Fiber and/or Hulu + live TV?
Yes, just got rid of Hulu live because it was dependent on the internet and when the internet went down so did Hulu. Other than that issue I liked it.

Decide on how much TV you want, is there a certain channel that is a "must have", what sports you want to see ( and if your streaming selection will show them) and go from there.

Yes, just got rid of Hulu live because it was dependent on the internet and when the internet went down so did Hulu. Other than that issue I liked it.

Decide on how much TV you want, is there a certain channel that is a "must have", what sports you want to see ( and if your streaming selection will show them) and go from there.

Yeah so far it is hard to find streaming services that will only do the channels I want. ESPN, CBS seem to have their own streaming services for cheap, but it looks like you need some sort of TV provider for FS1/2. HULU seemed to be the cheapest for all of them.

I really only want TV for sports, but it seems like I have to get some sort of package for everything, plus HULU has a DVR deature which helps for those late night games. Plus I've heard hulu has some good shows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT