ADVERTISEMENT

What is the consensus on the ball spotting by the refs?

Rebel_Luv

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I thought on at least two of the fourth downs we had the first down and the ball placement was not right.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
I thought on at least two of the fourth downs we had the first down and the ball placement was not right.
Their ball spotting was awful all night. Def some home cooking there.

*this is not an excuse for us shitting the bed.

Last edited:
The only home cooking last night is that 10 year old QB launched 3 bombs on us and we made him look like the next Aaron Rodgers.

I watched this again and it's pretty flagrant. The AD should file a complaint. Won't do anything about the Hawaii game but it will show the conference that she isn't going to just take that crap without saying something

I watched this again and it's pretty flagrant. The AD should file a complaint. Won't do anything about the Hawaii game but it will show the conference that she isn't going to just take that crap without saying something
I thought it was flagrant too. I mean really, really bad on a couple of spots.

I hate games at Hawaii as it is.

I thought it was flagrant too. I mean really, really bad on a couple of spots.

I hate games at Hawaii as it is.
Hate to sound like a guy wearing a tin foil hat but it seemed clear that the refs wanted Hawaii to clinch their bowl bid against UNLV. Not just the 4th downs calls either. It happened many times.

Hate to sound like a guy wearing a tin foil hat but it seemed clear that the refs wanted Hawaii to clinch their bowl bid against UNLV. Not just the 4th downs calls either. It happened many times.
Review the last few UNLV games at Hawaii. One a few years ago, they put time back on the clock and it gave Hawaii another play, which they won with. I can’t recall the exact circumstances, you can probably find it online with video. It was bad. I think the time before that too.

Review the last few UNLV games at Hawaii. One a few years ago, they put time back on the clock and it gave Hawaii another play, which they won with. I can’t recall the exact circumstances, you can probably find it online with video. It was bad. I think the time before that too.
More tin foil hat. Bowl eligibility on the line for one team.

What makes it even more frustrating is Tony Sanchez should have at least challenge one of the spottings

You're forgetting the double personal foul, or whatever nonsense call it was after UNLV scored. Gave Hawaii great field position that lead to their game winning drive.

When you're playing away you need to put a beat down on the other team. We had a chance and we didn't do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT