ADVERTISEMENT

What does UNLV

1Tripoda

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2009
have to do to beat Vandy and NW next year? Tell me if I am wrong. I think #1 is shore up our defense. #2 is Armani be consistent and balance with his runs and throws. #3 Somebody need to be at least be able to replace Lex productions. I am thinking of Charles Williams. #4 our offense need to stay on the field.

have to do to beat Vandy and NW next year? Tell me if I am wrong. I think #1 is shore up our defense. #2 is Armani be consistent and balance with his runs and throws. #3 Somebody need to be at least be able to replace Lex productions. I am thinking of Charles Williams. #4 our offense need to stay on the field.

You have it right. But still a tall order.

I still think to win either game Rebs need to play mistake free and will need a bounce or two to go their way..

Northwestern is very physical and very well coached.

Vandy may be lower end of the SEC, but it's still an SEC school and the game is on the road.

Vandy survived the SEC and made a bowl game. Enough said.

For me, the offense needs to be more dynamic, especially in the passing game. Need to still use the run game heavily, but also utilize the short passing game and well as mid to long range. So that relies heavily on Armani improving.

The run game will take a hit with the loss of our top 3 backs. Williams really hasn't looked the same since he has been a freshman. Maybe another off-season can get him back to his previous self. Not sure who else we have coming in, though we tend to do well with recruiting backs. But I think that's where the shot passing game may need to become a factor. Can't rely on Lex breaking long runs somewhat regularly anymore.

Obviously the defense needs to improve. Better pressure up front. Dedash returning and some of the newcomers should help there. The middle of the line will be a big question mark.

Again the defense needs to be slightly below average and the offense needs to be really good. Same formula as this past season. Unfortunately we missed the mark on both accounts.

It will be difficult to win either of these games, but some of the others may be more likely. We will need to win some of these expected losses though if we are bowling next year.

Lots of chatter regarding our running backs. I thought that Charles Williams looked good last year but I think the decision had been made to get Lex into the UNLV record books & X deserved more carries this year as he has improved every year.

I am very curious to see Chad Magyar (6’2” & 205) this spring. He was a very productive rb in a tough Southern California league and was a 3 star if I remember correctly. Also the freshman that came in as a TE carried the ball a couple times for short yardage td’s looked pretty good. #41 Jamal Neal 6’1” & 250. And then there is also Rashad Walker @ 6’2” & 215 who has some ties to Flav o Flav. He was always wearing his jersey at games.

Last edited:
Reactions: RebelinWA
Lots of chatter regarding our running backs. I thought that Charles Williams looked good last year but I think the decision had been made to get Lex into the UNLV record books & X deserved more carries this year as he has improved every year.

I am very curious to see Chad Magyar (6’2” & 205) this spring. He was a very productive rb in a tough Southern California league and was a 3 star if I remember correctly. Also the freshman that came in as a TE carried the ball a couple times for short yardage td’s looked pretty good. #41 Jamal Neal 6’1” & 250. And then there is also Rashad Walker @ 6’2” & 215 who has some ties to Flav o Flav. He was always wearing his jersey at games.
I feel confident with Williams based on what I saw last season. However, durability with him would be my main concern.

Will be interesting to see who else emerges out of the rest of the RB's.

We should have the offense to beat either team in their crib. Cotton has beaten NW in Evanston each time [twice] but he had better defenses and special teams on his side too.
It will mainly comedown to Defense but Special Teams is where both of NW and Vandy can kill you in their cribs. They will make a huge return, block a punt and/or both to win a tight game against a visiting team. However, without the defense, it won't be a close game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT