ADVERTISEMENT

We got football this Saturday

4 games!
Check out the spread. Geeesus Reno

I think -25 at home to SMU is better than -13.5 at home to Montana State.

UNM opened at -4.5 and has been bet up to -13.5. Heavens to Betsy!

I can't wait to watch. Bring the games, please. The game I really want to watch week one (apart from UNLV of course) is NDSU at Colorado on 8/29

I think -25 at home to SMU is better than -13.5 at home to Montana State.

UNM opened at -4.5 and has been bet up to -13.5. Heavens to Betsy!

I can't wait to watch. Bring the games, please. The game I really want to watch week one (apart from UNLV of course) is NDSU at Colorado on 8/29
Oh 💩 ! I didn't realize NDSU and CU were playing. How Intriguing. Thanks for that heads up!

Whoever had Montana State two TD's over UNM gotta get their head examine. Bronco got UNM playing real football.

• Haha
Reactions: LocoRebel
UNM is shredding that Montana State defense. Samurai ice shaver..

Whoever had Montana State two TD's over UNM gotta get their head examine. Bronco got UNM playing real football.
Glad I didn't put anything on it! I expected Montana State to win easily. UNM has had their own issues, but unlike MSU, has connected on big plays

Glad I didn't put anything on it! I expected Montana State to win easily. UNM has had their own issues, but unlike MSU, has connected on big plays
When I posted this, Montana State had just started the scoring drive. On that drive had 2 big runs and multiple solid completions, including the TD pass n catch

When I posted this, Montana State had just started the scoring drive. On that drive had 2 big runs and multiple solid completions, including the TD pass n catch
I know nothing about UNM but they have a good coach and brought in 40 guys from the portal. No idea if they are any good but definitely a different team than last season.

Last edited:
There is no question about, UNM run defense is horrible. But their offence is palatable. UNM need to run and ding dong short yard offence to tired out the MSU defense even further...they're out of shape and the heat is getting to them.

#22 RB for MSU is a legit talent. And he is only a sophomore.

There is no question about, UNM run defense is horrible. But their offence is palatable. UNM need to run and ding dong short yard offence to tired out the MSU defense even further...they're out of shape and the heat is getting to them.
Never mind, their defense is holding ok.

Lobos are going to be miserable. Giving up 21 unanswered in the 4th quarter at home to a lower division team is a bitter pill to swallow.
Going up 21 was brutal but there’s no doubt Montana State is the better team and would win 8/10.

Lobos are going to be miserable. Giving up 21 unanswered in the 4th quarter at home to a lower division team is a bitter pill to swallow.
I know they were at home but I bet there weren't 5000 fans in attendance. Not much of a home field advantage.

Reactions: LocoRebel
I know they were at home but I bet there weren't 5000 fans in attendance. Not much of a home field advantage.
I think the biggest piece of that home field advantage is the 3 hour flight from Bozeman and that fact that it was hot by Montana standards.

UNM didn't have offensive points in the second half, and of their 31 total, 14 were defensive. Montana State is a very good FCS team. IMO they wouldn't be in the top 4 of the MWC, or probably the top 6-8.

As for our middle MWC game of the day, I think Reno has looked much more competent on defense than I expected. SMU also doesn't look as good as I expected them to. SMU's first (so far only) touchdown required separate first downs via penalty from inside the 30.

SMU is playing like a UNLV team of years past. 4th and 15? Just spit on a guy and give them a 1st down. Multiple unnecessary PI penalties: I have no idea if Reno’s defense is this stingy or is SMU’s offense this bad?

Last edited:
Reactions: rebel5280
SMU is playing like a UNLV team of players of. 4th and 15? Just spot on a guy and give them a 1st down. Multiple unnecessary PI penalties: I have no idea if Reno’s defense is this stingy or is SMU’s offense this bad?
Felt like SMU didn't get into any rhythm at all until late. And Reno had no answer for their big WR. 8 catches for 160 something yards I believe, all in 2nd half.

I tuned into the Reno game and the play was the botched punt by SMU.

I turned it right back off and watched “Rear Window” instead.

Googled the Reno game afterwards and SMU won..

Glad I didn’t jinx it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT