ADVERTISEMENT

Was TKM right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1994Rebel

National Player of the Year
Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Not to open old wounds. In hindsight- maybe Tina was right. Don't scream yet. I blame the non athletic administrators at UNLV. I've seen the way things work. Athletics comes up with and Idea and the rest of the University system (community) tells them why they can't do it that way.

Example - Her first instinct was to fire Dave after the 14-15 season. The weekend of panic. No comment on Dave's future. We all wanted to give Dave his best recruiting class a shot. Fears were "Fire Dave and we lose Zimmerman." Boosters stepped in- she caves. So instead of announcing Musselman as our new coach. We keep Dave, Muss goes to Reno. They are now the top of our conference in our sport. If she doesn't cave who knows where we would be.

Her Wish List on New Hire-
Dixon was hired by alma mater TCU for more money and has them vastly better.
Cronin- I'll blame her for announcing without the signatures. Still better than us.
Beard- Board of Regents and UNLV legal team disaster. Bad advice from legal. A call to every Regent to give them the scoop would have gone a long way in allowing Beard to function as a coach not guy in limbo. I'd have my agent looking too. AD and Coach both hamstrung by the process. Beard's team vastly improved.

All would have been good hires. Better than Rice.
Books out on Marv-
Pros-so far I like 5 out of 6 recruits. (Not considering the '16 recruits- that was charity)
Cons- He needs to find a scheme to help the bigs on penetration. Help side or double team someone. Maybe use a timeout to draw up a critical offensive possession. Too much dribble 'til its too late.

After writing this- I see I may join the list of Rebel-net villians (trolls). It's just bothers me every time I see Sportscenter and UNLV guys are doing great other places.

l am now ready for my beating. Sadly, I am now used to it as a Rebel fan.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News