ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread UTSA

Listening to Tony Cordasco and Tony Ariago on AM radio.

just have to follow the Rebels old school style.

not bad..7-7 tie.

First time all season that for an entire half Rebels on both sides of the ball the Rebels look like a division 1 team who has practiced together.

Reactions: rickyb55
UNLV no business coming out of the half. Looks like we just handed UTSA the ball. Did the team take a nap for 15?

UTSA is not much better than UNLV from what I see outside of the QB. I think their crowd of 21k is asleep. Not sure why this team is 4-0. UNLV need to get our s together we might surprise.

Friel just threw at a target surrounded by 4 defensive players. I mean c’mon.

Friel fumbled..turnover again.

Rebels falling apart 2nd half..

typical UNLV

Reactions: rickyb55
The defense is just missing a few pieces. Our offense is inept. Basically never came out of the locker room for the 2nd half. I really thought these kids are done losing. Sad to say we might have had a chance if let’s say Sanchez is coaching or Hauck. Our play calling is terrible.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
If I am Arroyo just get Rogers out there. Everything after 10 minutes after 1 qtr has been crap. Might well see what works. This UTSA team is not all that. Reno would beat this team in the road.

I am not sure when we can win another football game. This is really embarrassing for us.

Coach must be put on notice ASAP.

Just checking in to make sure we're still winning? Can't let our record be tarnished by the likes of this pathetic team. If that 0 changes to a 1, I'm going to be triggered and require a safe space. #protectbottom10

Embrace the suck with me. Feels good. You scared?

I don’t know that anything outside of a fluke hire can do anything here.

We shoulda kept Sanchez, but he didn’t do well, shoulda kept Hauck, but he wasn’t good enough, shoulda kept Sanford, but he wasn’t good enough … we couldn’t keep Robinson, he retired.

But Otz sucked, left but was pretty close to Menzies, Menzies didn’t cut it, should have kept Rice, he didn’t cut it, we couldn’t keep Kruger, he jumped to a major … Spoon struggled, should have kept Bayno, but he struggled … shoulda kept Fat Mass … hell no. Shouldn’t have run Tark out of town … period.

Wut..Rebel D makes a stand? 4th and 1..

let’s go!!

Cameron Friel sacked on 4th and 10….

Tough loss Rebels. Yeah, they played tough.

Reactions: 220reb
Wow our last 3 plays is out of the JV handbook lol. How much is this guy making? $1.8 million a year? San Jose State would beat this UTSA team.

Reactions: 220reb
#74 from UNLV was thrown out for unsportsmanlike. Dude did not even argued or put up a fight. Just walked off the field.

Wow our last 3 plays is out of the JV handbook lol. How much is this guy making? $1.8 million a year? San Jose State would beat this UTSA team.

Play call doesn't matter when guys don't execute.

Offensive line has been poor all year.

'The play calling stinks!'

But the OC didn't drop a pass that would have been a first down. Didn't drop a screen pass that looked to be well blocked with potential for good yardage. OC didn't make guys false start or have personal fouls against them.

Sure OC/DC can make poor calls, but this is as much maybe more on guys dropping passes and not executing well as it is on any questionable play calling..

Play call doesn't matter when guys don't execute.

Offensive line has been poor all year.

'The play calling stinks!'

But the OC didn't drop a pass that would have been a first down. Didn't drop a screen pass that looked to be well blocked with potential for good yardage. OC didn't make guys false start or have personal fouls against them.

Sure OC/DC can make poor calls, but this is as much maybe more on guys dropping passes and not executing well as it is on any questionable play calling..
No the coaches didn’t make the players drop passes or not be disciplined in the heat of the moment but the players doing these things in games are a reflection of the staff that coaches and prepares them everyday!

No the coaches didn’t make the players drop passes or not be disciplined in the heat of the moment but the players doing these things in games are a reflection of the staff that coaches and prepares them everyday!

The undisciplined stuff? Sure. False starts, offsides etc...

Dropping passes? No. Completely false.

Players can work on their craft at any time.

You want coaches to spend extra time on pass catching drills?

It's like blaming a coach when a player misses free throws..

The OC called a solid game. With a true freshman QB.

When Friel completed that bomb, was it execution? Or play calling?.

Coach called play, player executed.

On the dropped pass, that would have been a first down, who is that on?

Call was perfect. Player dropped pass. That's a physical mistake by player.

I guess they could have players spend extra time on that contraption that throws them a ball. Seems a waste of time don't you think?

The undisciplined stuff? Sure. False starts, offsides etc...

Dropping passes? No. Completely false.

Players can work on their craft at any time.

You want coaches to spend extra time on pass catching drills?

It's like blaming a coach when a player misses free throws..

The OC called a solid game. With a true freshman QB.

When Friel completed that bomb, was it execution? Or play calling?.

Coach called play, player executed.

On the dropped pass, that would have been a first down, who is that on?

Call was perfect. Player dropped pass. That's a physical mistake by player.

I guess they could have players spend extra time on that contraption that throws them a ball. Seems a waste of time don't you think?
Yes!
I blame the coach for playing someone who drops balls.. the players who play in games is absolutely a coaches decision! I blame Arroyo and his staff for a lack of evaluation, see starting Justin Rogers vs EWU!

Yes!
I blame the coach for playing someone who drops balls.. the players who play in games is absolutely a coaches decision! I blame Arroyo and his staff for a lack of evaluation, see starting Justin Rogers vs EWU!

You blame the coaches for starting a guy who likely had a good week in practice? This borders on ridiculous.

They started Rogers because he and Brumfield by all reports were neck and neck in camp.

Is it a managers fault when a baseball player strikes out? Manager should have started somebody else? I'm sitting you Mike Trout you struck out.

Player misses free throws, it's on the coach? Sorry Lebron, take a seat.

Some guys look great in practice and don't play as well when the lights come on. Others look like hell in practice but perform on game day.

I can't take this line of thinking remotely serious.

You can blame coaches and managers for clock management, questionable play calls, not putting in a lefty to face a lefty in baseball etc.

Blaming them for a guy dropping the ball, or fumbling, or missing a shot etc is ludicrous.

Last edited:
Dropping passes is a sign you cannot catch and therefore should not be a WR! Those evaluations are made by the coaches, just like the evaluation the staff made that said Rogers should start instead of Brumfield! Say what you want but to me these coaches suck at pretty much everything related to evaluation!

Dropping passes is a sign you cannot catch and therefore should not be a WR! Those evaluations are made by the coaches, just like the evaluation the staff made that said Rogers should start instead of Brumfield! Say what you want but to me these coaches suck at pretty much everything related to evaluation!

I didn't say they were good.

But some of your reasons for saying they suck are utter nonsense.

I'll ask again.

Should a coach/manager sit Mike Trout the next game because he struck out 2x the night before.

A coach calls a play.

WR is open. QB gets him the ball in stride. The play call was correct.

WR dropped the ball. That is on the player. Period end of story.

3rd and 4. Coach calls a deep pass that gets broken up.

4th and 4 they run a screen that nets 3 yards.

Sure I get blaming the coach. If you were already determined to go for it regardless of the 3rd down play outcome, then why not the screen or a run on 3rd down to make 4th easier.

I get questioning that..

False starts? Sure put it on the coach
Undisciplined. Delay of game because there is chaos on the sideline and play gets called in late. Yep, on the coach.

Physical mistakes? No..

It's like complaining about a team going for it on 4th and inches. They run the ball and get stuffed. That's not on the coach. That's your guys getting beat by their guys..

People do this nonsense when QBs throw picks.

If your team intercepts the pass its-
'What a great play by our defender!'

If your QB throws a pick it's either -
'Our QB is an idiot!'
or
'Horrible play call!'

Can't have it both ways...

Reactions: NSU67
We disagree!

I'll ask one last time.

Mike Trout strikes out 2x in a game, is it the manager's fault or not?

Lebron misses free throws?

Is every interception on the OC?

Or hear me out do QBs make the wrong read or even sometimes it's a great play call but the defender just makes a great play.

If you don't think the defender has anything to do with it, the next time the Rebs get a pick you can't cheer for your guy, you have to mock the opponents OC for calling that play or the opposing coach for being stupid for starting a QB that throws interceptions.

See the ridiculous hole you dug for yourself...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT