ADVERTISEMENT

UTSA is undefeated at 4-0

220reb

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
Our next opponent is 4-0. I really don't see any way we win next week on the road. Not when we will win another game.

Our next opponent is 4-0. I really don't see any way we win next week on the road. Not when we will win another game.
Our next opponent is actually @ Fresno State on Friday. Fresno is looking pretty good beating UCLA at halftime. UTSA looks good too so it probably doesn’t matter, either way I think the next 2 games are L’s.

Reactions: 220reb
At least San Antonio is semi serious about their athletic program.

I think we’ll compete with them.

ISU is just really good.

Looking at the schedule and it's hard to see where the wins are coming from. Arroyo is lucky last season was shortened or he likely is looking at a 1-23, 2-22 record.

Looking at the schedule and it's hard to see where the wins are coming from. Arroyo is lucky last season was shortened or he likely is looking at a 1-23, 2-22 record.
2 of the 3 teams we played so far would win the mwc by a mile. Ewu would finish top 4.

I'm not saying we are good but I'd expect with bottom 4 teams in conference, we will be close. Ish.

Western Illinois almost dropped 60 on Eastern Washington. Without the late fumble we barely Crack 20. Conference actually has a lot of team playing very solid so far. Maybe @UNM and Hawaii and San Jose at home but we could also lose all those games. Ultimately we'll probably squeak out 1 or 2 but not going to be much more.

ESPN announced the game time today. It will be at 3:00PM (5:00PM in Texas) and shown online on ESPN+

Hey! I have ESPN+! And I still aint watching it!

Got a survey in the mail today from UNLV asking how my experience at the football game was.

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
Fresno upsets UCLA at the Rose Bowl. Fresno’s coaches actually well coached and well prepped team.
Their coach, Karen DeBoer, was actually mentioned quite a bit with our opening. He had previously coached at Fresno, so it may not have mattered in the end, but so far it looks like their choice was a much better one then ours.

Arroyo can certainly recruit, and I believe that the defense has actually improved, but the offense has been absolutely horrid. Hoping it improves as some of the younger players get more experience, but we have a long way to go there.

The MW actually seems pretty strong this year. We could easily go 0fer. UTSA did beat Illinois on the road. I am not confident that we will be competitive.

EWU would be lower tier, middle of the pack at best in this conference this year.

I don't see it. I can't see a single win this season unless one of two things happen. The other team doesn't show up (but we probably still find a way to lose that) or if we play oursleves. Other than that 0-12.

I don't see it. I can't see a single win this season unless one of two things happen. The other team doesn't show up (but we probably still find a way to lose that) or if we play oursleves. Other than that 0-12.
What’s next?

UTSA was down 21-0 in the first quarter today and battled back to win 31-28 vs a very good Memphis team. UTSA is now 4-0. Another good opponent for the Rebels.

UTSA was down 21-0 in the first quarter today and battled back to win 31-28 vs a very good Memphis team. UTSA is now 4-0. Another good opponent for the Rebels.

UTSA might as well be the 4th Top 25 team the Rebels play in row! With Brumfield potentially not starting this game, our chance to go 0-5 is almost a given! Smh

UTSA might as well be the 4th Top 25 team the Rebels play in row! With Brumfield potentially not starting this game, our chance to go 0-5 is almost a given! Smh

UTSA is listed as a -21 point favorite.

UTSA is receiving some top 25 votes already. They’ll probably be ranked in a week or two.

Don't start getting ahead of ourselves. We are just hoping to be able to count our wins on more than 1 finger by the end of the season. Using a second hand would be like winning a national championship for us!

Brumfield probably needs to gain another 15 lbs or so. 6'4" 215lbs. Tall & lanky. Maybe will help with his durability

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Brumfield probably needs to gain another 15 lbs or so. 6'4" 215lbs. Tall & lanky. Maybe will help with his durability
Tom Brady is also about the same weight. It's the OL that need to shape up!

Dude, we’re screwed. I hope we bring in 4 QB’s next year.

The weight of the program will be on Cameron Friel.

Any updates on Brumfield since Wednesday? This UTSA defense is good. I would expect Friel to struggle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT