ADVERTISEMENT

Updated info on

ImmaRebel

National Player of the Year
Aug 10, 2012
Looking at UNLV's recruitment of Vic Viramontes (3-star 8800 per 247sports) a couple of observations I would like to share and one question I hope someone has an update on.
Alex Perry was rated 4-star 9343 per 247sports his Senior year at Gorman Now playing UNLV.
Greg Rogers was also 4-star 9432 per 247sports his Senior year at Arbor View. Both of those ratings would make them number one and two all time for UNLV.

The question I have is does anyone have an update on Greg Rogers current status? Will he a Reb next season?

The question I have is does anyone have an update on Greg Rogers current status? Will he a Reb next season?

I posted that question to Mark Anderson in August and he said it was a long shot of Rogers ever playing for UNLV.

Rogers is another mystery. He's one of those players with a lot of hype and then no hype.

Recruiting target Omari Harris was that way last winter. Decommitted from Cal. Looked like the Rebels were the obvious choice. Then so far it looks like he is out of football.

I posted that question to Mark Anderson in August and he said it was a long shot of Rogers ever playing for UNLV.

Rogers is another mystery. He's one of those players with a lot of hype and then no hype.

Recruiting target Omari Harris was that way last winter. Decommitted from Cal. Looked like the Rebels were the obvious choice. Then so far it looks like he is out of football.

Agree on Rogers.

A bit of an enigma.

Last edited:
What was up with Alex Perry last year?

Seemed set to provide much needed depth in the defensive backfield. Was approved of instant eligibility, was hurt, then I'm not sure if I ever heard from him the rest of the season. Watching most of the games from home it's hard to tell who is playing especially at CB, did he play?

Was it one of those things that they just never threw to his guy, kind of like when we had Eric Wright? Or did he just not play? Or did he play but didn't seemingly make much of an impact?

What was up with Alex Perry last year?

Seemed set to provide much needed depth in the defensive backfield. Was approved of instant eligibility, was hurt, then I'm not sure if I ever heard from him the rest of the season. Watching most of the games from home it's hard to tell who is playing especially at CB, did he play?

Was it one of those things that they just never threw to his guy, kind of like when we had Eric Wright? Or did he just not play? Or did he play but didn't seemingly make much of an impact?
I believe he was granted eligibility to play late (after season started).

Then he got a shot to play as our depth started taking a hit with injuries.

Then he got hurt and was out the rest of the year with shoulder surgery.

You’d expect him to make a much bigger impact next year with more time under his belt.

Perry played in 7 games with 24 tackles & 1.5 tfl
Kalili and Flowers were returning starters with more experience and plenty of physical skills so he didn't overtake them as a starter.

Yep.

Kalili and Flowers were just more ready to play..

Not a knock on Perry, Kalili and Flowers were both pretty good players.

I did not realize he was injured, jut didn't remember his name being called often.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT