ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV will play at Washington in 2028

Probably the coolest and most scenic place to see a game in CFB.

When I lived there we had season tickets each year took and The Dawg Boat to every game. There are boats that leave from several places. This one was right in our neighborhood.

Reactions: RebelScrub
I have a brother in Seattle, I may have to try to go to this one!

10 minutes from downtown to Stadium on light rail... station is right next to Stadium. By 2028 Bellvue will be online so you could really stay anywhere from near Tacoma to Shoreline and get to Stadium on light rail for a couple bucks...

Reactions: rebneck
Meh. I have already been to Seattle twice the last year and a half. I wish they would schedule some more SEC games. Would like to see some of those stadiums. Ohio St, Michigan, Notre Dame and even Vandy were all really cool but want to check out some of the SEC schools.

Meh. I have already been to Seattle twice the last year and a half. I wish they would schedule some more SEC games. Would like to see some of those stadiums. Ohio St, Michigan, Notre Dame and even Vandy were all really cool but want to check out some of the SEC schools.
Id be down for a beat down in Gainsville just to experience The Swamp...

Reactions: UNLVINMD and RRebel

Speaking of shithole towns..

I’ve been to several SEC stadiums for games. Cool for a weekend and then get the hell out. Tuscaloosa twice probably my favorite game weekend experience, the opponent helped too. The legendary game vs LSU and Burrow and the Auburn game this past year.

Also been to LSU, Georgia twice, Athens is a dump. Vandy, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Texas (about to join)twice.

My advice is don’t go for a UNLV game to these places where you get to see the equivalent of an exhibition game. Go to a game with a decent opponent to get the full experience. For example I’ve been to a lot of games all over the US, never been to Michigan but I’m sure as hell not going to waste my time going for the UNLV game. I’ll go for Ohio St or SC in a few years or PennSt, etc.

I’ve been to several SEC stadiums for games. Cool for a weekend and then get the hell out. Tuscaloosa twice probably my favorite game weekend experience, the opponent helped too. The legendary game vs LSU and Burrow and the Auburn game this past year.

Also been to LSU, Georgia twice, Athens is a dump. Vandy, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Texas (about to join)twice.

My advice is don’t go for a UNLV game to these places where you get to see the equivalent of an exhibition game. Go to a game with a decent opponent to get the full experience. For example I’ve been to a lot of games all over the US, never been to Michigan but I’m sure as hell not going to waste my time going for the UNLV game. I’ll go for Ohio St or SC in a few years or PennSt, etc.
Been to Mich./Ohio State and Ohio State/ Mich. Great experience for both. IMO, the best I've been to is Auburn/Alabama. I also love Texas A&M games because you can't beat their half/time.

Reactions: LINEBACKER_U
Great advice

Reactions: LINEBACKER_U
By 2028 that city will look like the 3rd world or burned down completely with the type of government and policy in place. It’s an absolute dump.
I was there December 2021 and thought maybe it was as bad as it was due to Covid. Went there in January this year and it was even worse. SFO Part 2.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya

Yeah Georgia would be on the bottom of that list for SEC schools. The others would be cool on that list. I do want to see a Michigan/OSU game. But even vs UNLV Michigan and Notre Dame experience was very cool. OSU was too but it isn't anything close to a college town so not the same. My favorite was probably ND because of the pre-game stuff and how incredibly nice everyone was. In terms of friendliness I head Tennessee is high on the list.

Yeah Georgia would be on the bottom of that list for SEC schools. The others would be cool on that list. I do want to see a Michigan/OSU game. But even vs UNLV Michigan and Notre Dame experience was very cool. OSU was too but it isn't anything close to a college town so not the same. My favorite was probably ND because of the pre-game stuff and how incredibly nice everyone was. In terms of friendliness I head Tennessee is high on the list.
I went to ND once vs Texas so a big game. I was very underwhelmed. Thought it was fine but nowhere near the the best places I’ve been for a game. Not even top 10

Id be down for a beat down in Gainsville just to experience The Swamp...
Swamp was ok, when Florida is down wasn't what I expected, gator fans think they are Alabama but there closer to Mississippi, out side ball coach and urban, Florida been mid SEC.
I heard Ole Miss is place to go, eye candy is top notch

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I went to ND once vs Texas so a big game. I was very underwhelmed. Thought it was fine but nowhere near the the best places I’ve been for a game. Not even top 10
I liked their pre-game stuff quite a bit the parade route from the chapel to the field lead by the bagpipes I thought was really cool. Plus the campus, which is one of the nicest I have seen, had different performers. I also like how they had employees every 10 feet to get you where you need to go they told us about the UNLV bus and lined up fans to welcome them and cheer them on off the bus into the stadium. I liked Michigan a lot but even they didn’t have anything like that.

Reactions: reagan21
After the ND trip last fall, 2 of my 3 sons told me "I think I want to go to ND." They're currently living on the street. The last Mormon to go to ND got catfished on facebook and publicly humiliated.
My son would love to go there too but that school is about as easy to get into as Duke or Harvard. Told him he better get to work on his baseball game lol.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
My son would love to go there too but that school is about as easy to get into as Duke or Harvard. Told him he better get to work on his baseball game lol.
60 years ago I was accepted but didn't go. All you needed then was to graduate from H.S. and a recommendation from two priests. It was expensive for its time and I didn't get any scholarships so I went somewhere else.

60 years ago I was accepted but didn't go. All you needed then was to graduate from H.S. and a recommendation from two priests. It was expensive for its time and I didn't get any scholarships so I went somewhere else.
It was definitely easier to get into a lot of colleges years ago. In 1985 after my freshman year I thought I wanted to transfer and was accepted into Berkley, Duke and St. John's. I chickened out and stayed at UNLV. St John's is the only one still easy to get into.

It was definitely easier to get into a lot of colleges years ago. In 1985 after my freshman year I thought I wanted to transfer and was accepted into Berkley, Duke and St. John's. I chickened out and stayed at UNLV. St John's is the only one still easy to get into.
To get into UNLV all I had to do was apply and have something like 20 transferable credits. Probably not much different today in that regard. An application and tuition check attached and you are in.

To get into UNLV all I had to do was apply and have something like 20 transferable credits. Probably not much different today in that regard. An application and tuition check attached and you are in.
Right very true. UNLV certainly has a very high St. John's like acceptance rate still. My son has used that as an excuse for not improving his very mediocre grades. "I could definitely go to UNLV if my grades don't improve."

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
UNLV offers this “digital Bootcamp” classes for continuing education.

The only problem, I don’t have a computer these days.

I have the privilege of having attended UNLV and UW. I’ll be there!
Who was that dude who got drafted from Washington back in the day? Huge bust…

I don’t care that he was a bust. I just can’t remember his name..

Reactions: RebelinWA
Although I could claim UW, USC, and UNLV; I only care/ pay attention to UNLV. I must be crazy. I could find a winning tradition with following another school; but how else would I be able to ask @Bullmastiff 1 to scout UNLV’s special teams?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT