ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV vs. TCU - Week Zero 2020

RebelMan5000

Conference POY
Jun 20, 2018
Looks like TCU will be filling in for Cal at Allegiant stadium this year (if they play). Would be great if Rogers is eligible to play and beats his old team. In week zero and in a brand new stadium, this will probably get a decent tv spot which would be awesome for us. Maybe College Game Day might set up outside the stadium if we get very lucky.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2020/7/21...baby-frogs-look-primed-for-a-week-zero-opener

I hope we can make this happen. Texas is just such a fck up with handling the Covid-19 I doubt this will happen.

I think TCU coming to the new stadium would be their choice over playing at SMU!
I'd guess their fans would rather play SMU. If no fans are going to any games, TCU getting revenge after losing to SMU in 2019 for the first time in 7 years and 3rd time in like 15?

Obviously fans arent driving the bus, but I know I'd rather see that game if I was a frog o war guy

Personally I would bet that most TCU fans would prefer to come to Las Vegas and be the first team to play in the new stadium!

Personally I would bet that most TCU fans would prefer to come to Las Vegas and be the first team to play in the new stadium!
I'm under the assumption that we won't be having any fans at stadiums. If fans are allowed, surely they'd rather be here.

TCU has fans that travel? I never saw more than a few hundred of them at SBS. And these were some really great TCU teams that came here from 2006-2010. If they don’t follow their team when they’re undefeated and #2 in the country I wouldn’t expect too much from them new stadium or not.

TCU has fans that travel? I never saw more than a few hundred of them at SBS. And these were some really great TCU teams that came here from 2006-2010. If they don’t follow their team when they’re undefeated and #2 in the country I wouldn’t expect too much from them new stadium or not.
This year TV viewership means much more than actual attendance. If we have low attendance it will be chalked up to COVID-19.

The shiny new DeathStar will help viewership as well as the Texas team that plays fast.

Reactions: 220reb
Holy crap- F the Raiders if this is true. I hope Sports Illustrated is wrong about this.

“TCU, which was supposed to open their season on Saturday, Sept. 5 at California,is now said to have a handshake deal, but not a signed contract to play UNLV in Las Vegas. It is not certain if that game would be played in the new Allegiant Stadium which will be the home of the Las Vegas Raiders and UNLV, or in Sam Boyd Stadium, the old home of the UNLV football team. There is some thought that the Raiders want to play the first game in Allegiant Stadium.”

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma...ontinues-as-tcu-and-iowa-state-find-opponents

Reactions: Raiders_55
Big 12 announces a 9 + 1 schedule. So TCU will be canceling on someone. I hope you guys are right but I think you’re crazy if you think a road game at UNLV is more appealing to TCU than their 100 year rivalry game vs cross town SMU.

Big 12 announces a 9 + 1 schedule. So TCU will be canceling on someone. I hope you guys are right but I think you’re crazy if you think a road game at UNLV is more appealing to TCU than their 100 year rivalry game vs cross town SMU.

I thought I read somewhere that their one non conference game was required to be a home game, so no traveling.

Reactions: LocoRebel
Everything I am reading says TCU will not play at SMU, and they will play one non-conference game at home! No UNLV.

Everything I am reading says TCU will not play at SMU, and they will play one non-conference game at home! No UNLV.
Only if UNLV says "we won't go to Fort Worth" ... I'd be shocked if UNLV was extended the invitation and didn't accept. Especially given that Raiders have played hard ball with UNLV for scheduling. Didn't that rumor come out a week or so ago that with the NFL preseason canceled, Raiders were going to strong-arm UNLV (if they can reschedule any game for week 1) into playing at SBS?

Also as it relates to Big 12 scheduling, UNLV at Iowa State in serious jeopardy. UNLV at Iowa State was set to be Iowa States third nonconference home game (South Dakota, Ball State).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT